Another enhance theory

Well i know most of us are QQing over the current state of affairs in the enhancement tree.
    But despite the fact they havnt implimented "certain changes" aparently i decided i would do some number crunching anyway

Ok here it goes

Lite Shield Rank 11 Req lvl 80
    The caster is surrounded by 3 balls of lightning. When a spell, melee or ranged attack hits the caster, the attacker will be struck for 380 Nature damage.

Improved Shields Rank 3
    Increases the damage done by your Lightning Shield orbs by 15%, increases the amount of mana gained from your Water Shield orbs by 15% and increases the amount of healing done by your Earth Shield orbs by 15%.

Inscription-Glyph Of Lightning Shield
    Increases the damage from Lightning Shield by 20%

Static Shock Rank 3You have a 6% chance to hit your target with a Lightning Shield Orb charge when you do damage, and increases the number of charges of your Lightning Shield by 3.

Side notes
    Mental Dexterity rank 3
    Increases your Attack Power by 100% of your Intellect.

Mental Quickness rank 3
    Reduces the mana cost of your instant cast Shaman spells by 6% and increases your spell power by an amount equal to 30% of your attack power.

So back to my point if u havnt already observed it

at lvl 80 1 lite shield charge does 380(.20)(.15)
    aka
    513 ish

That is base, now with the other talents in mind your spell power scales with AP and INT thus making these static charges Rock someones face for anywhere to 650-700 with decent gear and scaling even higher with better gear

I honestly didnt realise it at first but with the 36% chance of WF on attack + 6% static charge chance In a nut shell blizzard are giving PVE enhance a good 5%-10% dps increase from white dmg alone which is 50% of our damage currently anyway And their doing this without having to ever spec into another tree And pvp talents free if u dont spec into the other trees

Re: Another enhance theory

On another note, Maelstrom weapon is almost useless if u have lite shield up its a waste of 5 talents

nvm the fact that it gives ur lite shield 6 charges

Storm Strike Debuff With inscription will get the Static charge up an additional 27% dmg

Quote Originally Posted by ancienthorror
    On another note, Maelstrom weapon is almost useless if u have lite shield up its a waste of 5 talents

I did not realize that having lightning shield active would totally negate the benefit of maelstrom weapon making a CL,LB, or LaB instant cast...that damn old Lightning Shield...always messing up everything!

On topic: Have you been able to come up with a good build that can capitalize on Imp Shields, Static, and the Elemental Devastation+MW combo? I'll go look but it seems like something is going to be missing...

Edit: This spec would work:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...13353115231051

The only thing you lose is the increased fire totem/LaB dmg and Elemental Focus to help decrease mana costs of Mael Weps procs. Mana efficiency is something we all are concerned about so the increased dmg from Imp Shields and Static may or may not be worth it in the end. We'll be losing EF and also missing out on using Water Shield to regen mana. Raid setting it may be different depending on how well all of the new mana regen abilities perform.

That's pretty much how I'd spec - though depending on how raid encounters are in WOTLK, I'd probably take two points from Imp. Ghost Wolf and put them in Elemental Warding or Call of Flame.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...13353115231201

yea that is a nice spec but i find needing maelstrom weapon as redundant rather have my searing totem do more dmg and have my shocks cost less mana, with this whole new % system i wanna have to the lowest % possible for shocks

was a good point on seeing how the fights go to see if spectral transformation is useful or not

yea that is a nice spec but i find needing maelstrom weapon as redundant rather have my searing totem do more dmg and have my shocks cost less mana, with this whole new % system i wanna have to the lowest % possible for shocks

was a good point on seeing how the fights go to see if spectral transformation is useful or not
    Shock cost shouldn't be a problem with Shamanistic Focus. I don't think Searing Totem will out damage Maelstrom Weapon in a raid environment...I could be wrong, but it just doesn't seem possible. Especially when combined with Elemental Devastation.

Spec Trans might be needed...which will pretty much count out the use of either static shield or imp shields to it's fullest.

The 10% mana reduction may actually wrk better for a raid environment, you're right about that Luk3ling.

You do realize the potential rotation? Stack Maelstrom Weapon to 5 while flame shocking, then cast Lava Burst for a guaranteed crit and redo from start? Depending on how much crit we have at LV80, this could mean an uptime of like 100% for Elemental Devastation.

i will be going with this for raiding

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...13353115231051

if mana becomes an issue i would pick up elemental focus

I doubt a static shock proc will consume maelstrom, (if that's what you meant)
    and if it does on the beta it's most likely a bug that will be fixed.

I don't see any other reason why maelstrom would conflict with static shock / lightning shield.

it wouldnt, static shock is an instant cast

+lightning shield will take SS charges, no worries, youll bee flameshocking now with lava burst, = thats ur only nature shit = ur LB's will do mad dmg, prolly around 1200 ++ im not 100% sure

Quote Originally Posted by Scalptus
    it wouldnt, static shock is an instant cast

+lightning shield will take SS charges, no worries, youll bee flameshocking now with lava burst, = thats ur only nature shit = ur LB's will do mad dmg, prolly around 1200 ++ im not 100% sure
    shouldn't be using LB or CL for MaelWep charges imo.

Due to talents you can get 11% damage to LavaBurst and it will be a guaranteed crit...regardless of Stormstrikes 20%+5% from talents lightning bolt won't deal as much damage as LaB.

5% Convection + 6% Call of Flame + 50% crit dmg bonus=61% extra dmg from LavaBurst
    5% Convection + 20% Stormstrike bonus= 25% extra damage from LB/CL.

Count in the higher base damage of lava burst and it amounts to much much more damage done. The 8 sec CD on LaB will also help conserve mana in longer fights if for some reason we are able to stack 5x MaelWep in less than 8 secs.