Thread: threat changes

threat changes

first off im assuming at 70 in a raid with current gear +the new talent tree(ie titan grip) warriors will do more damage

second of all

Hand of Salvation
    Places a Hand on the party or raid member, reducing their total threat by 2% every 1 sec. for 10 sec. Players may only have one Hand on them per Paladin at any one time.
    6% of base mana, 30 yd range, Instant cast, 2 min cooldown

so with warriors doing more damage(more threat) and less threat reduction are we screwed???

atm i hover below the tank on threat what is going to happen?

are there any other new spells to help threat?

| i5 4670k @ 4 Ghz | Saberthooth z87 | 16gb Vengeance RAM @ 1866 Mhz | GTX 760 GPU | Intel 520 SSD | Corsair 600T |

Re: threat changes

Tanks do more threat also, due to some new talents. I wouldn't worry about threat.

When the patch hits, warriors in def stance will do 45% extra threat.

Don't worry.

I worry when there are ignorant people like Phyrion around.

In wow as it is right now, protection warriors in defensive stance already have a 45% bonus to their threat.

30% innate defensive stance modifier, 15% from defiance.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Berserker stance will give 20% less threat passive and if you add 10% from Imp berserker stance that is -30% threat compared to the +45% prot one

I remember in middle of BC when all fury warriors were begging for a threat reducer, and EVERYONE who wasn't a fury warrior just KNEW they weren't going to get one because "there OP" and various BS reasons like that but WAIT what happened? REDUCED THREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    I worry when there are ignorant people like Phyrion around.

In wow as it is right now, protection warriors in defensive stance already have a 45% bonus to their threat.

30% innate defensive stance modifier, 15% from defiance.
    I hate when idiots like you are around.

After the patch, it will be 45% without defiance. Making way for new talents. Boosting tps.

It's true that we get new talents, but there's no/few straight up tps increasing talents now. So our modifier will be exactly as it has been for a long time, except we get less expertise (was also from the defiance talent). Add to that the fact that most of our straight tps talents have been reworked a bit, to now scale more with AP wich we aren't geared for atm.
    Still, I'll wait and see what happens, but atm it's looking a bit scary

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrion
    I hate when idiots like you are around.

After the patch, it will be 45% without defiance. Making way for new talents. Boosting tps.
    It isn't 45% currently, since its one of the very few talents which are multiplicative, making it close to 150%. So we miss 5%, because after the change it will be 145%. We also loose the 6 expertise (that's 2.5% "tohit" gone, just like that, or at least 1.25% for high end warriors) which was on our defiance talent.
    As my previous poster also pointed out, there are not very many new aggro boosting talents, most certainly not comparable to the 30% blessing of salvation gives.

Many skills now do scale much, much better with str/ap, however current tankgear has close to nothing of this.

I hope that raidwide buffs will cause an overall increase in TPS (our tanks currently rarely get shamans for example).

beg your MT warrior for vigilance