portable mailbox?

How do u all like the idea they made so far?

I think this would compliment the "Bot" arsanal line-up. I dont know how useful it is till i use it...but never know someone during raiding or gaming would like it once and a while to pick up the gold from all his auctions he made.

All they need now is a portable auctioneer and who knows how op that would be .

1:Repair Bot; 2: MOLL-E; 3: The Auctionator 5000?!?!?!?!?
    URL=http://worldofwarcraft.mmocluster.com/index.php?mod=wowachievement][/URL]

Re: portable mailbox?

lol, lets give em portable towns too, with gnome citizens and profession trainers!

But in all seriousness, portable mailbox is a fun idea, its not a necessity but definitely a fun idea.

15+ Year Old Account

Where did you hear of this idea? I heard you mention that "they" made this idea up. I am not criticizing your idea, because it sounds like something fun, but I was wondering if "they" meant blizzard, "they" meant the mmo-champion forums community, or "they" meant you and your multiple personalities! I am puzzled!! ???

To me, it's going to be a completely useless thing. If I need to check my mailbox I'll go to an inn/check it when I'm in a major city. Nothing game breaking for me. :P

Maybe you can mail stuff from your alts to your char who is raiding very same moment :>

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen
    Where did you hear of this idea? I heard you mention that "they" made this idea up. I am not criticizing your idea, because it sounds like something fun, but I was wondering if "they" meant blizzard, "they" meant the mmo-champion forums community, or "they" meant you and your multiple personalities! I am puzzled!! ???
    Refered to "they" as in Blizzard should make the idea up.

Kozma - Staghelm (US)

15+ Year Old Account

Ahh, ok, I thought you said that they had already made the idea and posted it somewhere.

Neat idea, but it has been thought of before. It'd certainly be an engineer's job to lug it around though, even with all of their other fancy toys.

Erm...it's in beta already.
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=40768 - portable mailbox
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=54614 - Steam Powered Auctioneer

Both have a 24 hour CD at the moment (probably end up being a 20 hour CD like all the other old 24hr CD's).
    Both could be quite useful in raids.

Quoting the poster above you is sooo against our guidelines. Thank you for not doing it again - Venara.

I think the mailbox would be great...especially for those times you fill your bags while in a run or a quest...

or if you run out of potions, flasks, and any other consumables while raiding can just drop to a bank alt send them and all is good and then pick them up mid raid

As far as an AH one...i really see no need for this one...most people have a bank alt or an AH alt...so they can send items via the portable mailbox or inn mailboxes

I find when i am raiding i always run out of bag space. And i can never come to just deleting items. A portable mailbox means i could move things not needed in raids out of the way yet still have them available later.

I think the idea of the mailbox would be great for when raiding, Slightly stupid question tho but is it only the engineer that can use it? Everyone in their Raid/group that can use it?(Like the repair bot) Or every body who happens to be walking by can use it? (most unlikely)

having both the mailbox and the portable auctioneer would be great for raids. you can buy gems/enchanting mats off the AH as soon as you get some new gear and instantly pick them up from the mail box letting you use whatever loot you just got right away instead of having it sit in your bags till you get back to a city.

Personally, us engineerers can now live quietly in a cave constructing our own portable town. pfft who needs towns anyway when u got these fancy gagets. blizzard should just combine themm alltogether to make the portable town bot, how much fun would that be. lol.

Carrier Pigeon: Summons a carrier pigeon to retrieve your mail for you. Can only retrieve up to 5 messages with attachments. 10 Minute Cooldown to allow it to rest.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    ..non-money making and backfiring. But it was..
    "Sometimes sends the Engineer to the neares city instead." problem solved
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cynatic
    lol, lets give em portable towns too, with gnome citizens and profession trainers!

But in all seriousness, portable mailbox is a fun idea, its not a necessity but definitely a fun idea.
    This is ingame ....called Warpgate or w/e and creates a portal to Gadgetzan :P

EDIT: *Wormhole