Class specific raid buffs...mostly fel intelligence and arcane intellect.

So, if they decide to go through with the whole "All spells will cost a % of base mana instead of a set mana cost, what are mages to do with a usless buff, also locks with their felhunters having a new buff fel intelligence, (3% more int and 3% more spirit party and raid wide) at all? With spells costing a %age of base mana it wont matter if you have 100 mana or 100,000.

So i say if you're going to make spells cost %age of base mana, then make intellect do more than just more mana and crit, perhaps change the scaling a little bit to make it count for more, or possibly make it add to spell hit or mana regen, like spirit but not near as much. I've seen a lot of gear from Wotlk, and much of it has a lot of intellect. Why? Add spell crit instead or something.

Disclaimer: I realize that the %age of base mana thing may not go through, and nothing is set in stone until the day that i install it (the full version) on my pc, but for the sake that I know gm's and devs read this stuff, discuss. Opinions, comments, questions, fire away.

Re: Class specific raid buffs...mostly fel intelligence and arcane intellect.

Base mana is NOT your total mana.

Base mana is the mana you would have if you had zero intellect.

Its somewhere between 2000-3000 depending on class.

Well, that makes a lot more sense... FACEPALM! (damn)

this is fail-tastic :P

You aren't understanding % of base mana. As a warlock, I'll give you an example you will recognize. Fear (all ranks) are 12% of base mana, which is 313 mana. Base mana is naked and specced 0/0/0. All three ranks of fear are 313 mana at level 70, regardless of what buffs or equipment you may or may not have.

EDIT: I'm way too slow. I think my example was a good one though, so I'll leave it be.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

there has been huge posts on multiple websites and hundreds of comments explaining what base mana is. I really wish people would catch on, this isnt even a new game mechanic. its been around for at least a year, if not longer.

I see the error of my ways, and in the future will research all the info before I post. Honestly though the first person explaining the concept of base mana was enough, and if you want to get into reading a bit more, then you would probably realize i got the point 3 posts ago. I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Malathos
    So, if they decide to go through with the whole "All spells will cost a % of base mana instead of a set mana cost, what are mages to do with a usless buff, also locks with their felhunters having a new buff fel intelligence, (3% more int and 3% more spirit party and raid wide) at all? With spells costing a %age of base mana it wont matter if you have 100 mana or 100,000.

So i say if you're going to make spells cost %age of base mana, then make intellect do more than just more mana and crit, perhaps change the scaling a little bit to make it count for more, or possibly make it add to spell hit or mana regen, like spirit but not near as much. I've seen a lot of gear from Wotlk, and much of it has a lot of intellect. Why? Add spell crit instead or something.

Disclaimer: I realize that the %age of base mana thing may not go through, and nothing is set in stone until the day that i install it (the full version) on my pc, but for the sake that I know gm's and devs read this stuff, discuss. Opinions, comments, questions, fire away.

Ill save the flaming since you obviously have a good sense of humor about your unfortunate lack of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Malathos
    I see the error of my ways, and in the future will research all the info before I post. Honestly though the first person explaining the concept of base mana was enough, and if you want to get into reading a bit more, then you would probably realize i got the point 3 posts ago. I apologize.
    naa no worries :P
    forums are for flaming and get flamed..
    today you were the target, tomorrow it may be me, as soon as wotlk is releaed it will be kalgan :P

Deleted

Not if I have a say in it... Gotta love forum mentality nowadays...