Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Death Knight build Trybrid

I was looking at a post by this guy who did videos for death knight n mentioned something bout a build going into all three trees
    And I looked at it and thought mmmm u have equal amount of runes in each catagory,
    maybe this will utilise everything making death knight trully a melee battlecaster
    so I came up with this build and was wondering what people made of it...
    I havent played the beta so I dont know how this would work in game
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...00000000000000

Re: Death Knight build Trybrid

Won't do anything exceptionally well, like any trybrid spec.
    This user has been banned.

I just look at it and think ok, u have ghouls, melee crits up, self healing, spell power, more runic power, overall extra spell dmg n white dmg if right armor

Yeah but, it's a trybid build. Like communism, looks good on paper. But won't do you any good once it's put to work.

Maybe you are talking about my trispecc?

I do this, but I developed this trispecc for Dual Wielding as a DK:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...00000000000000

And it does pretty well... every point in hit, crit or ap gives a better feeling... you really notice every point you get when gathering gear, because you nearly have every single synergie that is there. Especially when DWing. I think that a trispecc has way more chances of blasting more DPS than a deep specc into one tree.

But of course, I am just talking about DW - which imho is craving for a trybrid specc - as I said, you get really all the needed synergies to push your white hits, crits and of course pull more dmg with necrosis, bcb, blood strike and obliterate.

More on my blog... http://dwdkbeta.blogspot.com/

Yea it was you but didnt imagine the build being quite like tht

What about a hybrid build between frost/unholy being dw with disease increase dmg n finishing off with frost attacks
    maybe something like
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...50101023000000

Well, I think it is important to get bloody vengeance... pushing physical hits and shadow dmg (necrosis btw...) for 15%. Veteran of the Third War, Abominations Might... those are further important synergies.

As you can read on my blog:

5% more Crit
    9% more Crit on Oblit and BS (sumed up 14% additional Crit)
    6% Crit on Plague Strike (sumed up 11% additional Crit on this attack)
    6 % more Shadowdamage (pushing Necrosis,Death Pact, Diseases)
    15 % more Physical and Shadowdamage w Bloody Vengeance
    11 % more Strength (Pushing everything)
    15% more Haste w Icy Talons (Pushing swings and Necrosis)
    3% Hit and 15% Offhand damage
    10% AP proccing w Obliterate
    25 AP per 1000 Armour
    Necrosis and Blood Caked Blades for Auto Attacks

Edit:

No good specc up there... you have no Howling Blast for "finishing" and you lack synergies from blood.

Ummm.... ew.
    The 41pt Strike talents are class and spec defining. At 72 with 1k AP Frost Strike regularly crits for 5k and I get 2 per rune rotation. Blood DK's alternate 2/4 Heart Strikes per rotation. Unholy cackles while doing 2k hits with the strike every other spec just uses to prep a disease.
    Pick up Heart Strike, Frost Strike, or Scourge Strike. The reason many DK's don't even have Obliterate on their bar is that it pales in comparison to the talented Strikes.
    DK's *can* be played as a passive dps class akin to Fury or Combat, but it's self-crippling as the class currently stands.
    Wow Forum accomplishment: autobanned for using the following phrase:
    My therapist notes my intrapersonal skills suffer from love of the grape.

All nice and dandy but at least the damage will pale in comparison to what deep blood can do with their end tier talents and Dancing Rune Weapon.
    For tanking it won't even come close to a deep Unholy or deep Frost since you are missing out on Unbreakable armor/Bone Shield, Frost Strike/Plague Strike, Howling Blast/Creeping Swarm and all the other filler talents that add both survivability to melee or spells and threat.

In fact with all the specialization talents in all trees even the damage of the try build will pale in comparison to the other deep builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt
    Ummm.... ew.
    The 41pt Strike talents are class and spec defining. At 72 with 1k AP Frost Strike regularly crits for 5k and I get 2 per rune rotation. Blood DK's alternate 2/4 Heart Strikes per rotation. Unholy cackles while doing 2k hits with the strike every other spec just uses to prep a disease.
    Pick up Heart Strike, Frost Strike, or Scourge Strike. The reason many DK's don't even have Obliterate on their bar is that it pales in comparison to the talented Strikes.
    DK's *can* be played as a passive dps class akin to Fury or Combat, but it's self-crippling as the class currently stands.
    Yeah and you know that because you played DW?
    DW does not have bigger numbers. It just has more of them. More Crits, more Necrosis, BCB.
    DW scales way better with the important stats.

And Obliterate is kinda nerfed way to much, but this should be corrected in one of the next builds.
    We are still in Beta, so exactly this feedback is needed to make DW more viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Edimasta
    Yeah and you know that because you played DW?
    DW does not have bigger numbers. It just has more of them. More Crits, more Necrosis, BCB.
    DW scales way better with the important stats.

And Obliterate is kinda nerfed way to much, but this should be corrected in one of the next builds.
    We are still in Beta, so exactly this feedback is needed to make DW more viable.
    Honestly the only thing left to do with DK dual-wielding is remove it. Everything that matters scales off of weapon damage and everything that doesn't is on a 10-seconds deadlocked cooldown anyway (rune regeneration). I fail to see the point of doing less damage with your strikes and doing less damage between strikes as well.

The only thing left is removing it?

Why so negativ? Why not improving it?
    Seriously, guys like you are just starting to piss me off... I mean, why this lack of tolerance?? It seems that we are playing a game, where everyone seems to be forced to do what everyon else does.

If you want to 2hand, then god damn it, just do it! No one is stopping you.

Runes should refresh faster while DW to make it viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Barellron
    and doing less damage between strikes as well.
    And there goes all your viability...
    It's been proven that dual wielding does more flat out damage than a 2H.
    Aside from that the build that Edimasta proposed (it's close to what I would do for DW... Drop the annihilation and max out black ice) you will have more Bloody Vengeance uptime, more necrosis damage, more BCB damage (both of which scale with black ice and Bloody vengeance).
    The downside is the strikes indeed, they do % damage so 1 strike with a 2H will do more damage... but that's it :\

Quote Originally Posted by Barellron
    Honestly the only thing left to do with DK dual-wielding is remove it. Everything that matters scales off of weapon damage and everything that doesn't is on a 10-seconds deadlocked cooldown anyway (rune regeneration). I fail to see the point of doing less damage with your strikes and doing less damage between strikes as well.
    can i rofl?

ill show you a post from wotlkwiki where they theorycraft both 2h and dualwield. you will say something diffrent when you read that post
    http://wotlkwiki.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2413
    so dualwield sucks? highly unlikely. its perfectly balanced. the diffrence between dualwield and 2h is. a dualwielder can actually miss an attack and not notice it 2 much. if a 2h wielder miss an attack he wil notice it on his damage.

as for endgame specs i was thinking of something like this
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...01100000000000
    im not in beta so i cant test rotations but as i can see from talents its a pretty decent build.

enjoy

Well there is this thing called "hit rating" raiders tend to get...
    This user has been banned.

take your time and read the link. it will still come back to the fact that you get a chance on missing. and even if you dont miss its still balanced damage. so no mather what you say. for now dualwield does good damage. almost equal to a 2hander. that his strikes do less damage is true. but his white damage is a lot higher.

Facey, that theorycrafting was done off the F&F leak: it's a direct repost of Spacegoats original on the subject. Talents have changed, Deathknight DPS has become more focused around specials, and that was done at a time when most of our play "experience" was coming off bugged private servers that were happy if the rune system worked half the time. We just didn't know the class we were describing.
    I was a pretty vocal advocate for DW at the time. Since then I've gotten a key, put the theories to the test, and it just. doesn't. work.
    The functional damage capability of a 2-hander and strike-focused spec trivializes DW and Tribrids. Less than 51 points in a tree is shakey, less than 41 is self-gimping.
    Put it this way...
    Imagine playing a fury warrior.
    Now imagine that every time you whiff with a special your rage pool gets cut in half for 10 seconds.
    Now imagine that, properly talented, you have 3 or 4 independent Mortal Strike cooldowns.
    Why are you dual-wielding at that point?
    Wow Forum accomplishment: autobanned for using the following phrase:
    My therapist notes my intrapersonal skills suffer from love of the grape.

DK is not a warrior, maybe you have overseen this fact.
    DK is working completely different, and doesn't need speccing deep into a tree to do perfect damage. Blizz stated that before.

I don't know how you test it, dear "Gestalt" or what specc you use... maybe you are not capable of doing a quite decent rotation with DW?
    Maybe you just are not able to use DW as it should be used?

We will talk about that later when we have the possibility to raid with lvl 80 in decent gear at hit cap, and when the balancing is done... for now, Frost and some Unholy Stuff are way overpowered. Like Blood was before.

And we all know what happend to blood