Thread: Holy in WotLK

Holy in WotLK

Holy Paladin worth playing in WotLK?

I love healing and i have like, 4 70s to choose from when WotLK arrives,all 4 of them heal, im kinda figuring out which healing class to level, Paladin is top of the list at the moment, just wondered on your views.
    I PvE mostly, and do alot of Battlegrounds, not much arena.
    Gringa - ?? Gnome Rogue
    Nephrei - 70 Troll Shaman
    House - 70 Undead Priest
    Munashe - 70 Night Elf Druid
    Munashe - 70 Blood Elf Paladin

Re: Holy in WotLK

I think Holy Paladins may turn into the new Druids in PvP - Unkillable, everlasting, absolutely annoying and able to whittle you down.

They'll continue being solid for PvE, moreso now in fact, as they have a lot more tools in their handbag. I'd choose Paladin myself if my focus was to be PvP, Priest if I was going to do mostly PvE.

P.S. I hate druids. No particular relevance to the topic, just getting anywhere close to the subject of druids makes me froth by the mouth.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

Although illumination is currently not working on the PTR, Holy is fricking amazing. I'm in Full T6 and with the rolled in Blessing of Light in all of my heals, i'm doing about 5.5k uncrit Holy Light and 8.5ish crit. With avenging wrath i have gotten up to 11k holy light and the best part about Holy so far is Infusion of Light. Holy Shock crits so much and instant holy lights are very very common. Oh did I mention Divine Plea is affected by haste? I almost get 50% for 5 seconds instead of 6 (204 haste)

Basically, it's amazing and it probably will get even better (they are supposed to fix Beacon of Light and a few things still don't work on Beta)...

It's a bummer judgments aren't currently working for sure, but my damage output is already insanely better than TBC (i can mostly 2 shot the mobs on the Isle of Quel'danas as Holy if that's any indication and that's without judgments working)

I'm only worried about mana efficiency of flash of light. Does anyone know if it will be fixed?

FoL isn't mana efficient enough?

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    FoL isn't mana efficient enough?
    At the moment FoL has had it's efficiency pretty nerfed. I expect a little balencing in order, but not much.

Flash is only like 20 mana more, it's not that much of an increase from Live. Illumination will make up for that just fine. Because Illumination isn't currently working people may seem to think they are ooming to fast or w/e but it's only working for Holy Shock atm.

Oh and when people are healing for 3.5k crit and 2.2k non crits (with a little over 2k heal or 1.2k spell power) I don't think they'll be crying about the increase in mana to much now.

Personally I like very much the incredible mana efficiency of Flash of Light in TBC.
    If I can make a choice ,I would prefer more FoL with TBC's mana efficiency than 20% bonus healing of AW and Divine Plea.
    I hope that Healidin would be also in WOtLK main tank healer and not a new AoE HoT healer (with Beacon of Light) or HoT healer (with Sheath of Light), for these roles there are shamans and druids

Well at first I was going to re-roll resto shaman but after seeing the changes that holy paladins are getting for Woltk I'm sticking with holy paladin. The change to holy shock is probably the best thing we're getting at our disposal for holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringa
    Holy Paladin worth playing in WotLK?

I love healing and i have like, 4 70s to choose from when WotLK arrives,all 4 of them heal, im kinda figuring out which healing class to level, Paladin is top of the list at the moment, just wondered on your views.
    I PvE mostly, and do alot of Battlegrounds, not much arena.
    If you love it lvl the one you feel most comfortable. Trust your instincs luke!

Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    There is a man who likes his Holy Paladin... Everyone should be that happy with their class. Are you going to try the Enlightened Judgements + Judgements of the Wise build when Judgements are fixed?
    I have to say I've pretty much always enjoyed playing a holy pally. :P

I've only just got onto the beta, but I have to say I do like Enlightened Judgements from the brief time I've had to test it out. Being able to pull mobs from an extra 20 yards is something we've been missing for a quite a while I feel (even though the judgements themselves aren't working at all at the moment, roll on the new build tommorow). Also, I've gained about 300 spell damage and 5% spell crit just from talents and changing a few bits of gear around (I'm using quite a bit more of my actual healing gear for grinding now ).

I'm not specced far enough into ret to try out Judgements of the Wise at the moment (only gone as far as Conviction - 45/0/16), but it may be something I try out later on. In all honesty though I see myself doing most of my levelling as a healer in instances, much as I did for TBC, so that's something I'm quite content with.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy
    I have to say I've pretty much always enjoyed playing a holy pally. :P

I've only just got onto the beta, but I have to say I do like Enlightened Judgements from the brief time I've had to test it out. Being able to pull mobs from an extra 20 yards is something we've been missing for a quite a while I feel (even though the  judgements themselves aren't working at all at the moment, roll on the new build tommorow). Also, I've gained about 300 spell damage and 5% spell crit just from talents and changing a few bits of gear around (I'm using quite a bit more of my actual healing gear for grinding now ).

I'm not specced far enough into ret to try out Judgements of the Wise at the moment (only gone as far as Conviction - 45/0/16), but it may be something I try out later on. In all honesty though I see myself doing most of my levelling as a healer in instances, much as I did for TBC, so that's something I'm quite content with.
    Since you're in beta I thought I'd ask you to post any info you get about Shockadins if you spec it at some point. It would be appreciated ;D

Just wanted to add that if you dont want to try out the Shockadin spec out of fear of not being able to heal instances, just remember it's possible to get Repentance and be a healer that can CC like a champ.

I took the liberty of making two copies of my paladin to the test realm (in case I suddenly feel the urge to try any wild specs for some reason) so I may well do that anyway. :P

Quote Originally Posted by loopy
    I took the liberty of making two copies of my paladin to the test realm (in case I suddenly feel the urge to try any wild specs for some reason) so I may well do that anyway. :P
    Much appreciated! ;D Make sure to post your finds, please. ^_^

Pallies will be the best OT and MT healer in the game. Best as in, Pallies alone will be able to take care both OT and MT at once with the new BoL.

Quote Originally Posted by briany
    Pallies will be the best OT and MT healer in the game. Best as in, Pallies alone will be able to take care both OT and MT at once with the new BoL.
    t's not just limited to the off tank and main tank. You can place the Beacon on the main tank and raid heal to your hearts content while main tank healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadibo
    Note - is amount HEALED - so overheals will NOT cast on the beacon. Dont forget that downranking has been removed so if you are looking at paladins as raidhealers healing up dot then no... it wont happen.

Beside - hots and the groupcasts from the 3 other healing classes is more effective and cheaper considering the removal of downranking.

Paladins need a hot effect. OR a real 5 man groupheal. Thats just a fact.
    I was more pointing out it was easier to raid heal now, since your healing wouldnt drop to 0 on the tank. Not that we are the best or anything.