Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.0.2 - On Debuffs, Buffs, and Raid Stacking

Oh my God the whine, haha.

This change is very similar to the alchemist change of over one year ago in terms of concept. Alchemy went through some rough times but it didn't disappear.

After one year I'd even say the change was positive to everyone :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrostemplar
    This change is very similar to the alchemist change of over one year ago in terms of concept. Alchemy went through some rough times but it didn't disappear.

After one year I'd even say the change was positive to everyone :P
    so they tried to kill alchemy again with the potion change come WOTLK..
    It's just a game.

Easy solution to the horde of QQ's, Just quit Wow, for me and for all others. It's that simple, you complain more about this game than you probably do about world hunger and poverty. Chill it's a game, don't enjoy it? guess what? QUIT or go outside or play another game cause we all know how many amazing multiplayer games online that exists.

GG, cya all in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    so they tried to kill alchemy again with the potion change come WOTLK..
    Yes all Blizzard wants is to destroy/kill professions /sarcasm off

At the moment it is bullshit, maybe Blizz will fix the misery maybe not. But it is important that the community shows the lacking points of the concept. But still the feeling of a unique class with unique abilities is gone.

This could make encounters easier in a way then before. But at the moment some specs are just sent to the PVE graveyard. For example Sp...

Last i checked the X-pack was still in BETA? Enjoy the summer and see how things turn out. Of course Blizzard is trying to destroy the game and lose as many subscribers as possible.

Can someone explain me how the Judgement of the Wise was exactly changed?

Due to the itemization and ret mana issues I guess the new judgement is ment to be "Your Judgement spells restores your mana totaling 60% of the damage caused and grants Replenishment mana regeneration buff to up to 10 raid members on Judging."

But assuming what some of you says it's more like "Your Judgement spells grants Replenishment mana regeneration buff to up to 10 raid members on Judging." which will make ret paladin most likely unplayable.

so where's the truth?

If Blizzard intend us all to have every buff/debuff up at every time

Wtf is the point of anyone having buffs/debuffs at all?

What? i'm sorry but those changes are ridiculous.
    My main is a retribution Paladin - and everything seemed smooth before this.
    1. CC - so we can actually be useful in a heroic instance.
    2. An effective DPS class, done.
    3. Mana battery! yes!
    4. pulling mech (no thing as of yet)
    5. intercept/ranged charge (none as of yet)

1. They will keep this hopefully.
    2. It seems we're being crippled the more patches they release.
    3. Because of judgements of the wise effectively being ruined;
    We cannot dps - our seals and abilities work now on a base mana %
    We cannot continue to sustain any attacks.
    We're useless worse than TBC - its a shame tbh.
    4. I doubt Paladins will receive this.
    5. Dk already has ours.

3> that's what I am talking about a post or two back. I doubt they completely removed the damage based regenration, cause it will ruin the spec for sure. We need to see the full tooltip to make conclusions...

"Increased Spell Damage Taken Debuff: Ebon Plaguebringer, Earth and Moon, Curse of the Elements"

Does this mean that it will stack, or that it wont? if it wont then moonkins are pretty screwed since if you bring an ele shammy you don't need to bring a moonkin. (it's affecting the whole raid so 1 ele shammy=0balance druids).

And the last thing what do they mean with
    "Improved Moonkin Aura: Grants 3% haste of all types." So do they mean that they are taking away the 20% spell haste and adding 3% instead on the 3 talent points thingy? Is this passive or is this like chance on hit?

Please help!

15+ Year Old Account

It won't stack - thats the whole point; that you won't need to bring more than one of them for one individual buff.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

what this change really means is that there are going to be a lot fewer utility classes in raids. As Blizz says it's more about bringing anyone, but this is a statement full of complete crap.

What it's going to mean more than anything else, is less utility players and many more pure dps players. This is a win for mages, rogues, and warlocks.

With the way the changes are, I can see a raid only wanting 1 or 2 shaman. If 1, then resto. If 2, 1 enhance, one resto, or 2 resto.

Simple example: death knight. Why bring an enhance shaman and a feral druid to raids, when a deathknight can fill both those spots in the tank spot. Thus the other spot can be filled with a mage doing 4k dps when the enhance is only doing 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Apart from the fact that it`s still not balanced. All this will change it will make certain classes UN-usable unless they go over with some drastic changes.

What really happened here. Blizzard has to rush the 3.0 on live servers cause WAR is about to be published. And they couldnt balance out certain problem classes in time so they came up with this bullshit. I mean week or 2 ago they reworked imp scorch for fire tree and now they make it indentical with frost tree one? This idea has to be pretty fresh and doesnt seem too well thought out if im honest.
    They've been talking about(and planning for) this change since the WWI in Paris - at one point they were even considering reworking MoTW as a Kings clone, and every discussion on tank balancing has included reference to "different ways for people to fill the same raid slot". The only time crunch they have is the release deadline Vivendi gave them, which is a new thing for Blizzard, with their "It's done when it's done" motto. Vivendi wants it out in time for xmas sales, which may mean some things don't make the cut(like account-based achievements, etc).

BTW, you seem to be bad at the maths since you see the BL/Heroism change as a nerf. Right now, with two shaman, you can BL/Heroism 10 people for 40 sec or 5 people for 80 sec every 10 minutes. With this change, two shaman can BL/Heroism every last person and pet in your raid for 80 sec every 10 minutes. At the same time, it means progression guilds can't use shaman stacking as a crutch to compensate for poorly geared/specced/skilled players.

Yes, shadow priests now have to compete with two other classes for the "mana battery" spot, and those two other classes are.... Ret Pallies and Survival Hunters? Those two class/spec combos have been a running joke through most of BC, so yes, they deserve some love. If you had paid attention to the other changes, though, you'd see that your competition doesn't have a ton of 'raid buffs' to bring to the table anymore either. Spriests bring 3% spell hit, Ret Pallies bring 3% haste(and kings if they want to gimp their personal DPS), and survival hunters bring... um... someone help me out here. Expose Weakness is self-only now, same as Shadow Weaving, and Imp. Mark no longer benefits melee, so... nothing, unless they gimp their personal DPS and bring along a utility pet with an armor debuff to benefit the raid. Spriests do need a scaling fix, but aside from that, there's not a huge problem - at least, no more of a problem than other 'hybrid' class/spec combos have, like feral druid or ret pally raid viability.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobbas

if it wont then moonkins are pretty screwed since if you bring an ele shammy you don't need to bring a moonkin. (it's affecting the whole raid so 1 ele shammy=0balance druids).
    yea, thats what im afraid of, no room for both moonkin and eleshammy, tho it might be, if bossfights will be like for example void reaver or archi, where ppl are circling bosses, then EO and MK aura could be used on both sides of raid
    thats probably only chance to get sometimes 3 shamans into raid, if totems stays with small range and we wont have debuffs

someone should complain...

According to most classes (even all of them), future WotLK raids will have no members, because none of the class/spec is required.

Meanwhile, GMs and RL pray to have enough players to go to kill something.

aaah, well.

Quote Originally Posted by bittemei
    survival hunters bring... um... someone help me out here. Expose Weakness is self-only now, same as Shadow Weaving, and Imp. Mark no longer benefits melee, so... nothing, unless they gimp their personal DPS and bring along a utility pet with an armor debuff to benefit the raid.
    SV Hunters can being a Wasp quite easily. But if you have a Boomkin that's rather pointless. And right now you should have a Boomkin...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    yea, thats what im afraid of, no room for both moonkin and eleshammy, tho it might be, if bossfights will be like for example void reaver or archi, where ppl are circling bosses, then EO and MK aura could be used on both sides of raid
    thats probably only chance to get sometimes 3 shamans into raid, if totems stays with small range and we wont have debuffs
    Eh? You would need an Ele shaman, two aff locks(with improved cor and improved coe), a ret paladin, and a spriest to cover all of the moonkins buffs. Then moonkin have innervate and rebirth on top of that. More likely you are just gonna bring a ret paly and a moonkin and no aff locks, ele shamans or spriests. This also has the side benefit of allowing the locks to use damage curses instead of coe/cor.