Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: New raid stacking and shadowpriest as a part of it...

The term "oomkin" is so pre-TBC
    "Fucking retarded looking chicken freak" doesn't roll off the tongue so well.

But guess what else?
    Earth and Moon does not stack with CoE or Ebon Plaguebringer.
    Imp. Moonkin does not stack with Swift Retribution.

You don't get it, these changes are perfect. Now, instead of needing 5 shamans to clear Sunwell, and two shadowpriests and a one surv hunter and at least 3 locks to keep ISB and Curses up and on and on and on...instead of all that crap, you can now raid with players of a variety of classes.

Choosing players for your raid because they're skilled and not because they play a certain class/spec and bring that one last buff you need to down Brutallus? This is a welcome and overdue change.

Beleive it or not, I'm sure Blizzard is capable of retuning everyone's dps to accordingly reflect their utility. Spriests bring less utility than before? You'll probably see dps buffs. Moonkins now getting 3 excellent synergies at once? I'm sure their dps will be nerfed to hell. Try to see the bigger picture. You'll still have your raid spot as long as you don't suck.
    Malfeas - 80 Human Mage

Quote Originally Posted by malfeas
    But guess what else?
    Earth and Moon does not stack with CoE or Ebon Plaguebringer.
    Imp. Moonkin does not stack with Swift Retribution.

You don't get it, these changes are perfect. Now, instead of needing 5 shamans to clear Sunwell, and two shadowpriests and a one surv hunter and at least 3 locks to keep ISB and Curses up and on and on and on...instead of all that crap, you can now raid with players of a variety of classes.

Choosing players for your raid because they're skilled and not because they play a certain class/spec and bring that one last buff you need to down Brutallus? This is a welcome and overdue change.

Beleive it or not, I'm sure Blizzard is capable of retuning everyone's dps to accordingly reflect their utility. Spriests bring less utility than before? You'll probably see dps buffs. Moonkins now getting 3 excellent synergies at once? I'm sure their dps will be nerfed to hell. Try to see the bigger picture. You'll still have your raid spot as long as you don't suck.
    Yes, Earth and Moon do not stack with Shadow Weaving either. Making it fking useless to us as well. We are fking screwed until they do something else (which I hope is before they release the content to live). I'm more upset at the shit they did to shadow priests than raid stacking. They fked shadow priests up down left and right. It's just silly. Get rid of shadow weaving / misery, give us two new spells, and increase our DPS and we'll be happy piggies again.

malfeas just go away from this forum, we don't need anyone like you not getting anything.

Maybe your dumb class has been buffed a little bit, but we talk about the concerns of shadw priests and not about the concerns of your poor ideology.

Blizzard has finally reached their goal, just by killing off the SP's. If this goes life, noone need's an SP for anything.

The +hit Buff of misery for example: Non-sense, can easily be replaced by a better dd, and in addition this change nerfs the SP's damage by 5%. Gz Blizz. Instead of buffing our DPS, it just got nerfed again.
    This is not a real support!

Then Shadow Weaving for ourself only. yeah support of it = 0, so any raid cares about our beduffing.

Then imp Shadowbolt only for the wl's: Tank you Blizz for nerving our DPS agin by something about 2-3%

Then the manareg: Even if we regenerate the same amount as other classes do, we deal less damage, so why taking an SP ?

Conclusion: Bye bye Shadowpriest specc. And therefore my little friend malfeas, you have to see the detailed picture. Maybe most of the calsses are really glad of the changes, but this can't be an argument for just sending SP's to the PVE Cemetery. So before posting your little shit, just think about the details for a moment!

Edit: The only class who really gets an overpowered scale with these changes are Mages. All other full dps class got removed some of their Support exept for mages who just take profit from anything as I see. Just why this class who is aready buffed enough ?, now they have in counts of DPS no concurrence. Blizzard made an interesting start, but they are about do do it all wrong again...

Just my 2 cent

You sir Sonic018 fail so horribly, I actually had to register on MMO to let you know.

Now although why as a Spriest I really don't like the new changes, I do realize that they need a chance. I love being a mana battery, and to think that ret pallies or hunters could be replacing me in a raid spot, that hurts. =[
    I do see a huge dmg increase with the new talents come Wrath for the spriest, but I was never all about dmg in the first place, and I don't think any good spriest was either. My big concern was giving back health and mana.

Hopefully these changes don't go through. I don't know much about hunters or the ret pally spec but this whole "mana buff" just doesn't seem like it's gonna work out too well for spriests. The only reason I spent so much time and effort getting gear for my spriest was so I could return more mana/health, now if it's a fixed buff...there's no increased effect for the fully eppiced over someone in greens and blues.

Malfeas, you do have a very good point. We won't know for sure until we open the box, and install Wrath into our computers.

Blizzard: Go spec holy or discipline already! Shadow is for leveling and for PvP tanking!

xD

Blizzard well and truly hate sp's locks must be pissed off lossing 15% dmg for sac pet and 15% dmg from sp's time to reroll afik

I am both excitted and terrified with these changes.

Depending on the other talents they have either killed our class completely *or* made it a lot better if we scale.

When is the next build due? they are working on us apparently so maybe the next build with have Shadow changes?

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyBlight
    I am both excitted and terrified with these changes.

Depending on the other talents they have either killed our class completely *or* made it a lot better if we scale.

When is the next build due? they are working on us apparently so maybe the next build with have Shadow changes?
    They did indeed say they were working on shadow, so lets hope they come up with something like a shadowy pyroblast machine gun for us

hopefully u will get better personal DPS atleast :/, they really kinda overbuffed moonkins with latest news imo

Well i dont think this change is too bad at all. If you read the discription carefully it says: "on dealing damage"

Hunters restore only on crits from certain abilities. Ret Palas only every 6 sec. SP on the other hand should proc mana regen all the time as it seems that it is not subject to a certain condition other than "dealing damage", right? so everytime SW:P ticks or you mindflay deals damage mana should be restored which would be a much greater amount than a hunter or Ret Pala can provide.

or did i misunderstood something?

I play a rogue so i don't really have much clue about mana regen and all that, but what about the changing of manacost per rank too a fixed % of base mana for all spells. Got a shaman alt with crap mp5 which really needs too use lowranks in 5man instances, and from what i heard from other players is that lowranking heals is a very needed tool for healers. So maybe all casters will use up a lot more mana during fights then before, thus making it viable too bring as many different kind of mana regen classes as possible, thus including spriest in a raid setup anyway? But like i said, my main is a rogue, so mana stuff is not really my area of expertise.

Christ, it's a BETA! They haven't even BEGUN testing dps/tps/hps differences between classes yet because level cap just recently got raised to 80 in beta and they have yet to start testing raids.

There is NO WAY anyone can predict the usefulness of ANY of 30 specializations yet, wether it be pure dps classes or utility classes. Numbers on spells/abilities will change, talents will change. Bosses and mobs havent even been SEEN yet in a raid enviroment. There are alot of factors aside from just new talents/spells that will determine who will do the most dps and bring the "best" utility, considering their dps.

Please chill out.

Exactly what b1t said above,

chill out,

I for one Love this change, it gives blizz the freedom to mess with our dps coefficients without breaking mana. this gives us a constant 250 MP5 to our raid, now they can balance our dps with everyone elses.

before we couldnt do 2500dps as that would give 625 mp5 which would make mana pointless,

they tried to lower the VT coefficient but again, if we scale well, it scales well and we'll eventually hit a level where we return TOO MUCH mana

now they can gives us 3kdps (or damage which scales well) and not make mana redundant.

Lets just wait and see what happens now that the devs have been freed form the 'SP cant do XXX dps as they'll give too much mana'. I expect to see a shadow tree tweek soon... just chill and wait.

Deleted

Hi

I have one question...

Vampiric Touch: Grants Replenishment mana regeneration buff to up to 10 raid members on dealing damage.

Is This effect additional for VT or is the actual effect??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1t
    Christ, it's a BETA! They haven't even BEGUN testing dps/tps/hps differences between classes yet because level cap just recently got raised to 80 in beta and they have yet to start testing raids.

There is NO WAY anyone can predict the usefulness of ANY of 30 specializations yet, wether it be pure dps classes or utility classes. Numbers on spells/abilities will change, talents will change. Bosses and mobs havent even been SEEN yet in a raid enviroment. There are alot of factors aside from just new talents/spells that will determine who will do the most dps and bring the "best" utility, considering their dps.

Please chill out.
    considering utility/buffer classes should have always lower dps than pure dps classes, i just dont see HOW it could change the fact, that more overwriting buffs instead of stacking if worse for utility classes, since they wont be needed that much anymore

Never thought I'd say this, but by what I see on forums and read in blue posts people are overestimating moonkin.
    Yes they get a lot of raid buffs, but none of them are unique. But having a lot of raid buffs, means Blizzard will lower our dps accordingly. So while our buffs can be brought by others, we will still suffer for having them.

It's my fear we'll just be close to worthless for 25-mans, because we'll have lower dps than the specs that bring the same utility.
    Blizzard has said spriests will get better dps and you still have the mana regen abilities, blizzard has said nothing about what they want to do with moonkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    Never thought I'd say this, but by what I see on forums and read in blue posts people are overestimating moonkin.
    Yes they get a lot of raid buffs, but none of them are unique. But having a lot of raid buffs, means Blizzard will lower our dps accordingly. So while our buffs can be brought by others, we will still suffer for having them.

It's my fear we'll just be close to worthless for 25-mans, because we'll have lower dps than the specs that bring the same utility.
    Blizzard has said spriests will get better dps and you still have the mana regen abilities, blizzard has said nothing about what they want to do with moonkin.
    Who said they're nerfing moonkin dps?

And they've already ''buffed'' shadowpriest dps. It is still worse than other hybrid classes on the beta.

What people don't seem to get that it ain't that easy to fix sp dps and make it scale on all gear levels. Coefficents need to be increased and spells need to scale with all dps stats (haste and crit). 175% crit damage on 2 spells with cooldowns that has a 43% spell coefficient just ain't enough, neither is dots not scaling with these stats. Simply buffing mind flay won't solve anything at all.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe

Blizzard has said spriests will get better dps and you still have the mana regen abilities
    But, Spriest will be not a DPS really eficient...and If actual effect for VT is:

Vampiric Touch: Grants Replenishment mana regeneration buff to up to 10 raid members on dealing damage.

SPriest, is really useless for Raid...