Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: New raid stacking and shadowpriest as a part of it...

It's not that difficult to do more DPS as a survival hunter than with an Spriest. Espaccally since the latest build, where the Spriest Raid DPS got nerved again, in a way that our finally DPS increase could even go down to 0% compared to TBC.

Actually no one needs a shadowpriest in any raid it's just loosing a raidslot you'd better fill with a retardin SV hunter or Moonkin f.a.

first you whined about not being the only mana batteries because of improved water elemental and hunting party so you guys whine "boohoo less utility"

now that the mana batteries are all equal.. you whine again

thats just sad

Quote Originally Posted by Idt
    first you whined about not being the only mana batteries because of improved water elemental and hunting party so you guys whine "boohoo less utility"

thats just sad
    1. This forum might be the wrong adress for your "trying to be cool" flame.
    2. Begin to read the facts then open your mouth.
    3. We are not whining, simply analysing facts and making conclusions.
    4. If your class is ok just look forward to wotlk or your next nerv but don't try to flame other persons posting intelligent things. Your own shit isn't even worth reading.

Good Bye

Quote Originally Posted by greywolfamakir
    Hi

Hunter Survival is really bad DPS, the Spriest to do more DPS that Hunter SUrvival.

Retradin does a lot of DPS, the Spriest, i think , he can not to do more DPS that Retradin, but i dont play the WOTLK.

Incorrect... at the moment Survival Hunters are able to get above 2K dps in SWP, spriests are struggling to break 1600. Just go look at some brutallus wws logs.

thats just sad
    because with normalization of manabetteires, they basically scrapped SP raid utility? no more +10%shadow dmg, no more misery 5%dmg, nuw its just +3%hit, which will became obsolete, once ppl reach certain level of gear. i, for one, wont depend on SP/moonkin in raid and will try to hitcap asap

Maybe you are just going to dps. http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=14357.0

Well, I was going to discuss the changes here.

But the majority of what I see here is "I'm a shadow priest, and I'm upset that I'm no longer absolutely required on every raid in existence because other people can fulfill my role now. Please change this so that I am once again absolutely required to the point where no serious 25-man raid can happen without me."

They haven't done the damage passes yet. They've tweaked a few obvious things, but none of the classes have had any serious work done on them with regards to damage. So saying "shadow priests do so little damage that this change destroys us" is only a hair's width away from useless at this stage.

I have my own problems with this change, mostly stemming from the fact that this will encourage more min/maxing, rather than discourage it. But I can't say I'm sorry to see the days of people getting into raids regardless of skill or personality simply because their class brings a vital buff are coming to an end.

I might repeat my posting above. You're also just going away from the discussion. The fact is, that we have no supprt and no damage for a raid. And the support won't change!

So I hope the problem or the discussion is a bit clearer to you.

exactly, SPs bring now 3 important things - misery, shadow weaving and mana regen par excelence

in LK, it will be NO shadow weaving, and misery will be good, but still worse in lower tier raids, but in certain level of gear, it will become obsolete, because everyone will be hitcapped form gear at will turn out same way as ToW did in tBC - no need for it, also it can be covered my moonkin, which, i might add had alot of different raid utilities already, like global haste, spellcrit, moonkin version of CoE, meaning all SP is bringing to raid is manaregen, which can HARDLY outweight they subpar dps due to crappy coeficients on spells

i really feel for SPs, if it remains same, then its very bad for them

If you're half-way intelligent it's easy to predict relative SP damage at 80, and as people have said, it's shit.
    It's true that they may not have done the "damage pass" yet, but I wouldn't diss the people expressing worries about this either.

I can totally imagine Blizzard employees sitting down for the vaunted "dps check" and pewpewing some mob for a couple minutes, noticing SPs do x% less damage than destro warlocks and buffing SP dps by x% to compensate, somehow forgetting to address the poor scaling. As people have said it's not easy to fix the scaling and I for one am not convinced Blizzard will get it right.

And what's this forum for other than expressing concerns about mechanics such as this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic018
    I might repeat my posting above. You're also just going away from the discussion. The fact is, that we have no supprt and no damage for a raid. And the support won't change!

So I hope the problem or the discussion is a bit clearer to you.
    ever since hunting party was put out all we've heard was whine whine we arent the mana only mana batteries out there..

yes you guys dont give the same utility as before but so do other classes.. expose weakness only applies to self instead of all raid members? thats better utility am i right? stop whining imo honestly

ever since hunting party was put out all we've heard was whine whine we arent the mana only mana batteries out there..

yes you guys dont give the same utility as before but so do other classes.. expose weakness only applies to self instead of all raid members? thats better utility am i right? stop whining imo honestly
    I'm no shadow priest but your just retarded there concern about their status is warranted, shadow priests and hunter don't compare
    In WotLK hunters will have it all over them just as they do now, getting mana just ain't that useful for a mana efficient raid and shadow priests are the worst scaling DPS in the game as their coefficients are horrible they require something much like the buff to elemental shamans lightning to all shadow spells only better as crit is just not nearly as useful to them.