Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoTLK - New Beta Build

Update #2 - Added a blue post about ... rogue changes !
    Update - Added a blue post about the ZA Bear Mount while you wait. It won't be available anymore after the deployment of content patch 3.0 on live servers.

WotLK - New Beta Build
    It's still unclear if it also means the beginning of PTRs 3.0.2 or not, stay tuned for all the changes !
    Originally Posted by Gradina (Blue Tracker)
    We will be taking down the Beta realms at 2:30PM Pacific time today August 29th 2008 to update to the latest build.

We expect this process to take from six to eight hours.

Thank you for your patience!
    ZA Bear Mount and new content patch
    [blizzquote="Zarhym;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/9336866249-za-bear-mount-and-new-content-patch.html]No. This item will no longer be available with the release of the next content patch. Mind you this patch will happen [b]before[/b] the release of Wrath of the Lich King. [/blizzquote"]

Rogue changes
    Originally Posted by Gamnin (Blue Tracker)
    Hello rogues,

We’ve got some updates coming soon for the rogue class and I wanted to duck in and give you a sneak preview of what we’ve been working on as well as our future goals. Below are lists (by no means exhaustive) of some of these changes and goals.

General
    - Quality of life improvements: Removal of various reagents (Thieves’ Tools, Flash Powder) as well as a Poisons skill change. We’re removing the Poisons skill and making the finished poisons available on vendors for purchase. This should free up a fair amount of bag space.
    - Envenom: Now also increases your chance to apply poisons by 25% for 2-6 seconds (based on combo points).
    - Wounding Poison: No longer stacks. The first application now reduces healing by 50%.
    - Anesthetic Poison: Now also removes one Enrage effect from the target.
    - Evasion, Sprint, Vanish: Cooldown reduced to 3 minutes. (Talents that reduce cooldown take this down to 2 minutes.)
    - Cloak of Shadows: Cooldown increased to 2 minutes. (Elusiveness now reduces this cooldown to 1 minute.)
    - A new level 75 ability has been designed. This is going to be one of the bigger teases as we’re not quite ready to talk about this one yet. I will say that will add some much needed group utility.
    - Fan of Knives: Weapon normalization to equalize effectiveness regardless of weapons carried.

Assassination
    - Mutilate: No longer requires you be behind the target.
    - Relentless Strikes: Talent is too “required” and will be made more accessible. Vigor will replace its spot in the tree and a new talent will be created to fill Vigor’s spot.
    - Find Weakness: Made passive to cut down on the number of triggered effects that either don’t affect gameplay or affect it in a negative way.
    - Cut to the Chase: No longer requires a critical Eviscerate or Envenom. The finisher just has to land.
    - Hunger for Blood: Now removes any harmful physical effect instead of Bleed or Magic effects. Bleed effects will still be removed (as all are physical) as well as effects like Mortal Strike, Aimed Shot, Expose Armor etc…

Combat
    - Riposte: Now generates a combo point.
    - Mace Specialization: This will grant armor penetration when using a mace. (The warrior talent will as well.)
    - Deflection: Reduced to 3 ranks for 2/4/6% parry. This should soften the prereq for Riposte.
    - Fist Weapon Specialization: Merged with Dagger Specialization.
    - Dagger Specialization: Renamed Close Quarters Combat, moved to tier 3.
    - Dual Wield Specialization: Moved to tier 1. Lightning Reflexes swapped locations with it and still needs a little more “oomph”.
    - Unfair Advantage and Stay of Execution: Change to more offensive/utility (read mobility) talents. Too much defense on this tier.
    - Killing Spree: Weapon normalization to equalize effectiveness regardless of weapons carried.

Subtlety
    - More attractive Tier 1 to draw in all types of builds.
    - Fewer dagger specific talents to allow additional build options.
    - Wrongfully Accused: Reviewed. This talent doesn’t fit well in this location. May be moved lower and/or redesigned.
    - Shadow Dance: A bit awkward at the moment. Due for some polish and some design tweaks.

Plenty to do still as you can see. As I mentioned, this isn’t everything we’ve got our eye on but gives you something to discuss and look for in an upcoming beta patch. Please add to the list anything you think needs special attention.

Thanks for reading. I’m going back to work.

Re: WoTLK - New Beta Build

first!

hopefully they will put on servers new buff debuff system, so they can start testing it immediately

Second

Quote Originally Posted by Unead
    First.
    Fail posts fails.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoLCrazy
    Fail posts fails.
    Modify wins, you fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    first!

hopefully they will put on servers new buff debuff system, so they can start testing it immediately
    Only thing European Beta testers were successful in testing for the last 2 weeks is the log-in screen.

:

THE BUILD OF DOOM IS COMING!
    ...or is it? :

Tip to other european players:
    WHEN YOU LOG IN, DONT LOG OUT!

Damn login servers are slow as hell.

Rogue changes plx, so they stop QQing

edit: didn't mean to quote >_>

Also gives me something to read about tomorrow :>

Too soon for 3.0.2 PTR imo

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike
    Tip to other european players:
    WHEN YOU LOG IN, DONT LOG OUT!

Damn login servers are slow as hell.
    Before build 8820 the server worked perfectly fine. After 8820 it was a horrid lagfest for a week. The second week the continent servers kept crashing every 10-30 minutes. Then Blizzard moves to Germany for a event for one day and the server miraculously worked perfect. Then it turned to a horrid lagfest once again.

Yesterday the server worked smooth ... until Blizzard decided to restart it. This morning the server worked fine ... until Blizzard decided to restart it once again.

Now it's down for a new build and low and behold - the authentication server works smooth.

Even 'Irony' is too big a word for it.  :

I'm just praying that Judgement will get fixed so I can actually play my paladin again.

I'm a 71 in Karazhan epics and with Judgement broken it feels like I'm a 67 in greens, and I have to level as Protection.

... And I never got to play Retribution when it was owning, so please don't say I deserve it.

I doubt the PTR build is coming, as much as I'd like it to.

New talent tree's seem to be up on the Worldofwarcraft site;

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/.../talents2.html

Balance tree changed. A lot.

Furor now grants the Moonkin bonus intellect ? Nature's Grasp seems removed, replaced by a talent that increases HoT healing and DoT damage ?
    Insect Swarm has talents to improve it, granting synergy with other nature spells ?

Whole upper tier in Balance seems way more friendlier to the Restoration tree.

Titan's Grip
    Requires 50 Points in Fury Talents
    Allows you to equip two-handed Axes, Maces and Swords in one Hand.

does this mean the reduced speed is removed? or have i been dreaming and it was never stated in the talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Saberoy
    I doubt the PTR build is coming, as much as I'd like it to.
    I hope thats a fucking joke.
    Nothing and I repeat nothing is currently even remotely balanced or even working in the beta. Atleast half of the new talents aren't working correctly or at all.

And Blizzard themselves said, that there haven't even started to belance the numbers, so they should get atleast some things working before putting it on the PTRs.
    Maybe repairing the Servers would be a nice first step...

//Edit: Mage Talents seem unchanged atleast after a first fast look. Imp Scorch is still the old and now outdated version with Inc Spelldmg instead of Inc Spell crit.

You registered to post THAT?

Go away.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

TheYang yes they changed it, there's no speed penalty any more.

Also agree it's too soon for PTR's, there's far too much outstanding work to do on the classes before they stretch themselves to getting things working for a level cap of 70.

Wonder what they're gonna put in the 4th chest instead of the bear...
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

A cookie pizza with a candle in it, and a note that says good job.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    A cookie pizza with a candle in it, and a note that says good job.
    betnot...

the note says: