Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: New Beacon of Light

Too bad Beta still seems to be down.. I want to test if you can double heal someone by putting beacon on them and healing them.. since they themselves are a target within 40 yards aswel, no?
    Seems rediculous and possibly won't work but would be fun as hell if it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadibo
    Oh you mean the 5 yard thingy that heals for 500 hp ? ....

ye... OMG... we cant have that... and BOL.....
    Not saying we can't have it, but what would happen, if say, a person had BoL, you had Glyphed HL, smacked a heal on a person within 40 yards, it hit all 5 targets, all of a sudden, you have one hell of a heal to that fellow who got BoL'ed

If the effect ignores LoS and counts overheal think this for arenas :> Stand behind a pillar spam heal yourself while your beacon effect keeps your partner up.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    It seems like the BOL is "bugged" atm (or should we say Blizzard is trying to figure out how effective it is).

It's instant cast
    It has duration of 1 min
    It works on multiple targets
    It heals for full value of the orginal heal (even has separate crits)

Personally I think this spell could be a awsome tactical tool in the future. But it really has to be though out. I really like the idea of using it on more than one target but then it needs to have a healing penalty.

This would be my idea of it.

It is instant cast and costs around 1500 mana
    It has duration of 1 min
    It works on up to 5 targets.
    Every extra BOL reduces the healing on each person by 10% (also could be relative) like healing 1/2 when on 2 and 1/3 when on 3.
    Then it would become more of a hot.

The healing should be based on the cast heal value - NOT the effective heal and have chance of crit.

With the mana cost and the healing penaly on more BOL it will be great tactical value - constant thinking of the best tactical outcome based on the diffrent encounters.

I can see it working. But as a spell used on just one person doing effective healing it is NOT worth anything at all. Then palas can just forget playing WOTLK.
    If they make it last for 2 to 3 minutes long, then you will see it very useful. very as in, absurdly OP in raids.

Think about this:
    before you start the fight, you buff as much people with this beacon. Then you drink to full while they start pulling. By that time, you should be full, you start spamming your heals on the MT and those with the beacon will be healed as well. If you know how good we will be in spamming healing spells, you will know how rediculously powerful this spell can be.

and coming expansion, I see a need of more MP5 than spell crit from gear. not because spell crit is useless, but we can get a lot of crit from talents. If you spec 15 points in ret, you will have at least 13.3% holy spell crit (talents + base spell crit) your holy light and holy shock spell will have 19.3% chance to crit (talents + base spell crit).

that's excluding all those int and spell crit from gear. I'm seeing a good 25% holy spell crit + a heavy amount of MP5 possible in raid gear. so, I think this spell might be able to cast in fight without giving us a heavy dent.

also, don't forget that we can judge in range for mana back, and in raids, we will have raid wide mana batteries. We gain mana back from mana batteries and AE heals.

I'm also seeing a combination of divine illumination + becon of light as well. 875 mana isn't that bad + if you throw in a divine favor holy light on someone after those becon spam, you will get them to full all together with no extra mana cost. It will also allow you to spam FoL and actually heal a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadibo
    I only think it will work on the direct healing effect. It will not work with effects that are result of glyph healing buff.

Anway - this is the last chance for Blizzard to convince me that WOTLK is worth playing my 3 year old holy pala. If not I will go for warrior priest in WAR. I can see this ability beeing a great addition with huge variety of uses for the good players who know how to play the characters correctly. For me this would be a dream spell like Daedalon suggested. So much potentials - Will not be mindless healing but very tactical to use. It should not be mana efficent and be to expensive to keep up on 5 ppl constantly but should be there for sertain special situations when all 5 need heals. It is exactly the tool paladins need to make their heals scaleable again after BLizzard removed the downranking ability.
    I think he meant the direct healing from HL through becon of Light + HoT healing component from Glyphed HL on the becon target.

in any case, our direct healing is stupidly fast, strong and efficient. If you are smart, you would place beacon on the 2nd and 3rd highest dmg takers and spam heal on the highest dmg taker. you probably don't need to place it on others in a 25 man raid since, druids, priests have HoTs, shaman has chain heals.

I'm thinking of this new Beacon of Light as the pally version of chain heal, but better. Better in a sense that you can pick your targets, and you can keep all of them up by looking for the lowest HP player.

this spell actually synergize pretty well with the rest of our healing spells. I say this is a great work on Blizzard's part.

I can't wait for this spell to go live for 3.0.2...

This spell for Brutallus will make burn healing a joke lol

It still needs some tweaking.

Overhealing the target is quite useless with this ability. Perhaps earlier in the tree Paladins could a talent called "Thy Cup Runneth Over" which heals your overheal amounts to the next nearest target.

THEN 100% of any healing makes it to the beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    It still needs some tweaking.

Overhealing the target is quite useless with this ability. Perhaps earlier in the tree Paladins could a talent called "Thy Cup Runneth Over" which heals your overheal amounts to the next nearest target.

THEN 100% of any healing makes it to the beacon.
    Personally, I don't think overhealing is an issue for this spell. If you are going through progressive raids and have overhealing problems, you are either bringing too many healers, or your healers aren't up to their job.

In WoW forum, someone mentioned that if you place this on OT and heal your MT, if your MT hits a streak of avoidance, the OT will not get any heals, because your MT will theoretically be sitting at full HP.

I want to clarify that getting a streak of dodge/parry/miss in raids is common, but so as your MT taking massive damage, and spell damage in a very regular basis. Remember that raids in WoTLK will be more AE base than BC ones, at least according to what Blizzard has mentioned before. With Tons of AE damage, most of your raid healers will be busy keeping people up, including themselves. You can't avoidance AE spell damage, so your MT/OT will be eating the damage all the time. The only question is how much, I can bet you $1000 bucks that you will take a lot in 25 man raids. This spell will definitely be able to keep both tanks up without problem.

The problem with people complaining this spell is that they are basing their experience on current raids. Not many people have done Sunwell, so they have no idea how painful it is to keep all the high dmg targets up at once. we have the fastest big heals, but with this spell, it keeps 2 or more targets up with big heals simultaneously. THis does not mean you can keep an eye off the OT... 6 sec Holy shock is there for a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by briany
    The problem with people complaining this spell is that they are basing their experience on current raids. Not many people have done Sunwell, so they have no idea how painful it is to keep all the high dmg targets up at once. we have the fastest big heals, but with this spell, it keeps 2 or more targets up with big heals simultaneously. THis does not mean you can keep an eye off the OT... 6 sec Holy shock is there for a reason...
    totally agree with your statement briany, its an incredibly difficult thing to do, and i think the Beacon used properly would be a valuable asset.

i think in a 25 man situation it would be a good idea to maybe bring 2 paladin healers, one specced with Beacon of Light, and the other with Sheathe of Light, see how it works out
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;