Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Level 80 prot spec

and because our block value actually scales well from STR now. and we'll hav plenty of STR on our gears now.

i duno about losing that 1 imp holyshield. those 2 stacks could save your life on some bosses/trash.

EDIT: actually they took out crushings for forget my above statement.

even with 1 less holy shield, it should be plenty for a boss, all you're losing is 10% less damage on holy shield.

I wonder if upcoming patch/wotlk is going to adjust t6 and other prot pally gear according to what we need. (like how they did with ret gear)

I'm kinda diggin this spec for my pally...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...11202155312301

Quote Originally Posted by Shatteryoface
    I'm kinda diggin this spec for my pally...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...11202155312301
    i would too, if i plan to tank AV

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...10251155312301

My 2 cents on the matter. I'm against using Reckoning for reasons already mentioned several times, Seals of the Pure is expendable imo, and I've never needed Pursuit of Justice before so I doubt (read: hope) it will not be needed on WotLK. Judgment of the Just is highly unlikely to stack with Improved Thunderclap, and afaik that is still gonna be part of at least the standard warrior OT spec, so it would be a waste of talent points in my eyes.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...10252155310321

Personally I plan on tanking with this build, I just wish that blizzard would make the tree less bloated.

Yeah, that's pretty much identical to mine, and for me it was a question of whether I wanted the extra aggro from Holy Shield, or if I wanted more spell damage mitigation. In the end I went with mitigation since it looks to me that our aggro generation will be significantly increased as it is.

The one I'm really curious to try out is gonna be this one

it's 0-48-23

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...10252105312020

Basically this is based off my current TBC tanking knowledge and I may have to move some points around to get imp devo aura if things do wind up hitting that much harder in WotLK. But this build will maximize spell dmg. Also, Hammer of the Righteous doesn't seem to be all that spectacular to me, yes it's holy dmg, yes holy dmg isn't mitigated by armor, but, It's 2x Weapon dmg... I don't know about you guys but all the "Prot Paly" weapons I've seen do like 30-140 dmg, that's not very much. Again that's with my TBC knowledge, if the WotLK weapons have spell dmg and Higher physical dmg then I could see HotR working well for tanking. Just my $0.02

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by thrasius
    Basically this is based off my current TBC tanking knowledge and I may have to move some points around to get imp devo aura if things do wind up hitting that much harder in WotLK. But this build will maximize spell dmg.
    I don't think that's necessary, really. Since we have the talent which converts 30% of our stamina to spellpower my protadin will get 280 spellpower just from that alone. And she's wearing Kara epics. Wotlk gear is stacking a lot on strength and stamina so it will just increase and increase. As such, wearing a single weapon which gives a lot of spellpower and the talent is more than enough IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    I don't think Judgements of the Just works on bosses, though, so it is rendered kind of useless.
    Judgements of the Just works on bosses. Although Thunderclap has a 15% more reduction in attackspeed, so you probably would not be speccing this talent anyway.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    I don't think that's necessary, really. Since we have the talent which converts 30% of our stamina to spellpower my protadin will get 280 spellpower just from that alone. And she's wearing Kara epics. Wotlk gear is stacking a lot on strength and stamina so it will just increase and increase. As such, wearing a single weapon which gives a lot of spellpower and the talent is more than enough IMHO.
    Ya that's what I was aiming at with the talent build i posted. You get the Stam->SP talent, as well as the AP->SP talent, I only did that because i've noticed a lot of the new tanking armor has quite a bit of str (edit:1str=2ap for any of those reading who don't know) on it, and if you use that along with my talent build you could have enough massive tanking spell power and that in turn not only boosts your dps, but also your TPS which is by far most important thing for tanking (other than being able to take some hits). I'm just interested to see if it's gonna boost prot dps by as much as I'm hoping it will. But since blizzard hates me I'm not getting a beta invite so I can't test this(lvl 77 ver anyway) till WotLK comes out later in the fall/winter.

Quote Originally Posted by thrasius
    I think its overkill, but i could be wrong. The new threat workover, and the new dps from other classes might scale higher than our threat. I doubt it, but leaving the door open for correction.

Before in TBC, through t5 and into t6 content i was stacking spell damage, up to 600 at one point. My threat was dumb, it crushed all our dps to the point i started backing off and picking up real tanking stats. Made myself just as solid as our prot warrior, and my threat still beat his at 400 sp dmg.

And i also think HotR will be more impressive than you think once you get WotLK gear.

This build looks like it would be the "easy-mode" 5 man build for pallies that just want to consecrate the whole zone, or pallies that find themselves struggling with threat. Raiding pallies i hope will be grabbing all the mitigation talents instead.

Ya that's what I was curious about. My guild never let me tank really anything in t6 other than trash waves in hyjal, Anetheron,Rage, and some trash in BT. But ya I'm hoping that will change in WotLK.

Deleted

I've got 333 spell damage on my protadin and I am having no issues with threat even maintanking Kara. So, I just don't quite think you need THAT much spellpower.

And no, I haven't been to T5/T6 content so I could be wrong. Still, I read somewhere you'd need about 400 spelldmg to MT Kara yet I do just fine as-is. Haven't lost agro a single time yet.

My Spec that i would love to try with my pally would be http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZE0tIx0zMgqeRhoVcx

And no, I haven't been to T5/T6 content so I could be wrong. Still, I read somewhere you'd need about 400 spelldmg to MT Kara yet I do just fine as-is. Haven't lost agro a single time yet.
    Actually, 250 spell dmg is plenty for Kara.

400 is sufficient for Tier 5

500-600 for Tier 6.

This is taking into consideration that the rest of your raid is geared in the same progression / content fashion as you would be.

If they overgear it, and so do you. Then it changes the scenario.
    I play the class in WotLK that is the worst spec class, that got nerfed, while all the other spec's got buffed. Which class is that? All of them of course...if you believe forum posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Judgements of the Just works on bosses. Although Thunderclap has a 15% more reduction in attackspeed, so you probably would not be speccing this talent anyway.
    Thunderclap provides a base 10% slow, increased to 20% with talents - the same as Judgements of the Just. They don't stack, but it's a waste of rage and a GDC for a warrior to use thunderclap as an aggro tool in their rotation. It's better when an off-tank warrior can supply it, or come wotlk, an off-tank paladin.

Druids, as usual, pampered by blizzard because of their incessant whining, have the largest slow at 50%, despite the waste of space their class may be. 50% easily tops everything so its irrelevant what the paladin and warriors have anyway since just about every raid has a feral druid that manages to worm his way in uninvited.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zarcob
    Druids, as usual, pampered by blizzard because of their incessant whining, have the largest slow at 50%, despite the waste of space their class may be.
    So, they have 3 times more HP, 2 times more armor, are uncrittable through talents alone, does more DPS than we do even in baer form, and they can slow the attack speed of their enemy by 50%? :O Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenion
    even with 1 less holy shield, it should be plenty for a boss, all you're losing is 10% less damage on holy shield.

I wonder if upcoming patch/wotlk is going to adjust t6 and other prot pally gear according to what we need. (like how they did with ret gear)
    yes they did change t6 prot gear. it looks strange with strength instead of spell damage and int. they also changed the bulwark 20 less stam and 29 more strength

It would be interesting to see the threat numbers on whether One-Hand Spec, or Seals of the Pure is better.

One-Hand Spec increases all damage from all abilities by 5% with a One-Hander equipped. Seals of the Pure increases our main tanking seal by 15%.

Would the 10% increase on Righteousness or Corruption, out do the 5% addition to Consecrate, Holy Shield, BoSanc, white damage, Righteous Shield, and Retribution Aura. Taking into note of course that only the holy damage gets the bonus from Righteous Fury.