Nogi

Glyph of the Greater Heal

Must have missed it.
    Any one saw a Greater heal Glyph?

Re: Glyph of the Greater Heal

There is currently no glyph for greater heal atm.

Nogi

Quote Originally Posted by Karmac27
    There is currently no glyph for greater heal atm.
    ??? ???

Glyph of the greater heal - makes the greater heal spell instant cast and costs only 1 mana , instead of an amount of healing given , the target has its full hp and mana rage or energy restored

would be fun , ( its not real )

Really? An instant heal that costs one mana and restores all health and energy equivalent to max is not a real glyph? Well damn!

While at first this doesn't seem like a big deal, once I looked at

Glyph of Regrowth - Increases the amount of your initial Regrowth heal by 50% if your Regrowth effect is still active on the target.
    Glyph of Healing Touch - Decreases the cast time of Healing Touch by 1.5 sec. the mana cost by -25% and the amount healed by -50%.
    Glyph of Holy Light - Your Holy Light grants 10% of its heal amount to up to 5 friendly targets within 5 of the initial target.
    Glyph - Lesser Healing Wave - Your Lesser Healing Wave heals for 20% more if the target is also affected by your Earth Shield.

All the other healing classes have an effective glyph for their single-target nuke heal. Considering these classes use these spells less than priests use Gheal, (Pallys use FoL more, Druids use HoTs, and Shammies use Chain Heal) I think it's safe to ask, where's the love blizz?

I'm sure there will be one in a later build.

id love a glyph like

your greater heal has a chance to refresh ur renew on the target if there is 1 or something like that not overpowered at all

u also forget about shaman HW, its smth like when healed target, 20% of it heals also u, or smth similar

anyway, u got pretty strong CoH glyph, and i have no doubt u will gain one for GH, its same as with shaman chainheal ranks, we didnt get single one in beta, lates one is from lev 68

Quote Originally Posted by undisclosed
    id love a glyph like

your greater heal has a chance to refresh ur renew on the target if there is 1 or something like that not overpowered at all
    Something that can potentially save you 500 mana every 15 seconds is very strong. (Unless, you were sarcastic, in which case I suck. ???)
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

See, the problem is finding a way to not turn it into a FHeal (like what they did for Healing Touch for Druids). I'd like to see it turn into something like this:

Glyph of Greater Heal: 20% of the total amount healed is applied as a HoT over 5 sec, but the spell costs 5% more.

Or something like that

When Your Greater Heal overheal target, HoT will be applied to someone with lowest health in 10yard radius around your target, with strenght of half of the overhealed ammmount during 8 seconds, ticks more at the beggining

8 pc Transcendence set bonus: Your Greater Heals now have a heal over time component equivalent to a rank 5 Renew.

It's been done before and wasn't considered OP then. They could do it again, just up the rank some.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionne
    Something that can potentially save you 500 mana every 15 seconds is very strong. (Unless, you were sarcastic, in which case I suck. ???)
    nah i was being serious would be a nice touch,and yeah sounds good that the overheal would get dispersed to ppl around the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    When Your Greater Heal overheal target, HoT will be applied to someone with lowest health in 10yard radius around your target, with strenght of half of the overhealed ammmount during 8 seconds, ticks more at the beggining
    I love the idea, if we're thinking the same thing:

When your Greater Heal spell overheals the target for more than 50% of it's total strength, the player with the lowest health within ten yards of your target is healed for 50% of the amount overhealed over 5 seconds.

Kind of a brain heal component of Greater Heal, that would allow you to top of melee dps taking AoE damage near the tank. Problem is the synergy with Serendipity is too great, you might end up being able to spam heal the tank for 40% cost greater heals that would heal rogues and whatnot for 50% of a Gheal without even targeting them.

The Hot component Glyph is a better, more realistic idea, but is unoriginal and therefore blizz is unlikely to use it. I'm pretty sure I've already seen a glyph just like it.

Nogi

i would rather see a greater heal glyph that applies a HoT or certain % heals others.
    i wouldn't be happy to see a reduce mana glyph - i doubt in 25m raids with w/e setup (hunter/sp/retri) a priest will have mana problems, also if so geming gear differently can solve mana problems (if there are any).

Would be extremely OP to get a Greater heal glyph that allows a CoH to procc, or a Greater heal that the HoT applied is % of amount healed - which would make the glyph more powerfull with better gear.