Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Moonkin vs affliction lock

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    That's kind of what blizzard wants to avoid.
    well, unless Blizz completely drops partial resists, a boss with 150+ will result in 30-40% loss in spell dps by the players...thats pretty huge.

My bet is on adding the -resist to the other similar spells or let the -resist stack with heaven and earth/ebonplague.

Or remove it from the curse (SCNR)

Quote Originally Posted by cascade
    I have yet to see another class debuff for spell resistances...I may be wrong, but only CoE reduces the boss resistances...by 165 !

I'm assuming that boss resistances will scale with level (or a lock would just downrank CoE).

If a boss has 150+ SR to almost everything, that lock's CoE will almost be mandatory for 25 man raids.

FYI most bosses have no resistances
    if they do its usually 1 school of magic and most of the time the resist is so high that CoE wont make a difference or they are immune

CoE w/malediction was needed for 1 reason only... 13% increased damage
    now 2 other classes have that among many other utility abilities

like ive been saying.. i just hope affliction gets a dps boost to compensate

Well, all bosses that had resist, coe did a HUUUUGE difference. Not so much on the immune ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    Well, all bosses that had resist, coe did a HUUUUGE difference. Not so much on the immune ones.

id love to see a list of bosses with magical resistances and how much magic resistance they have

Well, I recall those felhunters from hyjal where coe makes a huge difference, but aside from that I can't say. Pretty much my first move is coe (my duty as an affliction lock).