Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Someone please suggest a repentance fix.

As it stands for pvp I think most paladins agreee we don't have enough cc. Both Holy and ret need some way to control a fight a little better if they want to stand a chance against other classes. This is after they nerf our dps to match everyone elses. which they will.

I see alot of posts asking for new spells that slow a target or interupt it, but I haven't seen anyone mention that repentance is a 10 sec cc that can be broken by any damage and is on a 1 min cooldown. This is rediculas considering the other spells that are boken damage have either a low cooldown or no cooldown.

I think alot of our problems would be solved if they lowered the cooldown of repentance significantly, and made it a skill instead of a talent.

I suggest this.

Give repentance a 30 sec cooldown at its current duration and have it be a baseline skill.
    Then in its place in the retribution tree have an improved repentance that give the 1 min duration in pve and lowers the cooldown by another 15 sec.

This would solve alot of our being able to get to people problem, and would keep the spell from being OP. This would also give holy a way to assist against other healers in arenas.
    WTB Spell/Grammer check?

Re: Someone please suggest a repentance fix.

I agree that the Paladin has not enough (reliable) CC, but then again not all classes are ment to be CC classes. The Paladin is indeed CC invalid, and this should remain to be the fact.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

cooms

stupid..you want a 10 second total stop all actions every 15 seconds yeah not OP :

Not accounting for Diminishing Returns a Warlock and Mage can do the same, cooms.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

i thought they already changed repentance to be 60s in pve?

also not just yours incapacitate has cd, blind has medicore CD too, and sap cant be done in fight
    but your incapacitate for 10s with 15s CD SEEMS to me like OP, sorry, if u say "for pve purposes" well, then i want my hex on shorter CD also, since its duration doesnt even match CD

cooms

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Not accounting for Diminishing Returns a Warlock and Mage can do the same, cooms.
    thoes are clothies not people running around with plate...

Quote Originally Posted by cooms
    Also classes who are made to DPS, and don't have the ability to tank or heal.

If every class had the same abilities as every other class, the game would be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by cooms
    Your melee is showing. lawl

I would agree with you that Paladins do not need any type of cc if every other hybrid didn't have one. As my Idea stands it is nowhere near as powerfull as cyclone or priest fear on the healer side of things. And our hammer of justice and Repentance are nothing close to a rogues stun, gouge, sap, blind, kiddney shot, and kick.

Given all the utility other classes have buffing this spell isn't OP at all.

Also due to deminishing returns I don't think the 15 sec cooldown is going to have as big of an effect as you thing. Think about a sheep that has no cooldown at all and lasts longer. Rarely do I see someone sheeped an entire match...

Also, I am not so confidant that they aren't going to be nerfing our dps. I wouldn't count on them letting us kill a healing in 10 sec.....
    WTB Spell/Grammer check?

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    Hammer of Cock.
    XD

Yeah give to the paladin a CC ability, and then give to the clothie a shield, why not, then give a silence to a holy priest, oh wait aren't we asking Clones Classes, cause no offence, but looks like another post about we need this, we need that.

The game is not your and also if you want to share your opinions on MMO-champion, you should think about the fact that (like someone else already mentioned) if every class looks the same of any other class, WoW will lose variety that made it an unique game and will be boring.

Also this game is not meant to be played just for pvpers that would love have any skill possible to beat 1vs1 any other enemies, this game is meant to be played with friends or any other players that will offer their unique CC, skills, passive resistances and abilities to fill the gap of another friends class.

I don't know the plans of Blizzard, now is simply Beta and these buffs, nerfs that we see might change easily, however, one think i know the day that this game will turn into a solo game they should rename that, removing (M<--MO-RPG) what make this game a massive multyplayer now is the fact that ppl need to play together to achieve something, not play solo to beat someone 1vs1 or grind in a stupid way SSO reputation to obtain easy epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamonious
    I would agree with you that Paladins do not need any type of cc if every other hybrid didn't have one. As my Idea stands it is nowhere near as powerfull as cyclone or priest fear on the healer side of things. And our hammer of justice and Repentance are nothing close to a rogues stun, gouge, sap, blind, kiddney shot, and kick.

Given all the utility other classes have buffing this spell isn't OP at all.

Also due to deminishing returns I don't think the 15 sec cooldown is going to have as big of an effect as you thing. Think about a sheep that has no cooldown at all and lasts longer. Rarely do I see someone sheeped an entire match...

Also, I am not so confidant that they aren't going to be nerfing our dps. I wouldn't count on them letting us kill a healing in 10 sec.....
    first of all, sheep lasts also 10 seconds, its max time for every CC over here in pvp

also, repentance isnt dispellable, right? and DR reset is like, dunno 20-24s afaik, that means u can every 24s lock down someone for 10s and it can be removed by trinket and then only by BoP? priest fear is crap comparing that, since its melee range, not that long duration and pretty long CD, cyclone is on the other hand casttime and has only 20 yards range

if u want to compare it, compare it to blind, which is in terms of pvp similar, trainable, but has longer CD

It id dispellable in live at least.
    But i agree spammable CC on melee burst class... yeah right.

Ok, on a serious note, Paladins should not be heavy CC. (I say this as a Paladin.)

Paladins are not a control class, we do things upfront and in your face. The only reason we even got Repentance CC is because heroics became to dependant on them. (Well, if your group is lazy as hell; CC is for the weak (=< )

Paladins were not meant to consistantly CC in PvP. You want some CC in your arena, then group with a Rogue like we do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    Ok, on a serious note, Paladins should not be heavy CC. (I say this as a Paladin.)

Paladins are not a control class, we do things upfront and in your face. The only reason we even got Repentance CC is because heroics became to dependant on them. (Well, if your group is lazy as hell; CC is for the weak (=< )

Paladins were not meant to consistantly CC in PvP. You want some CC in your arena, then group with a Rogue like we do now.
    QFT

well both paladins and shamans are getting a CC of sorts, rets repetence has a longer incapacitated time, and Shamans have a sort of polymorph

they should have a Long-ish CD cos if that was the case everyone would just have the same arena teams and groups in instances as they can CC and keep dps going and have survivability

this game is all about balance, the ones with the best CC also do nice damage but they need the fast CC's cos one hit and theyre usually dead.

so i think just count your blessings paladins and shamans are actually getting a CC which can be used in the 1st place

~Barky~

Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Adamonious

15sec cd on HoJ means (with the glyph) my opponent will be stunned 7 secs out of every 15secs without touching repentance...
    I think we'll all agree as ret palis stand after Build 8885 a fix is needed though said fix is definitely not needed on repentance.
    Its what they did to the mana regen that needs a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    I agree that the Paladin has not enough (reliable) CC, but then again not all classes are ment to be CC classes. The Paladin is indeed CC invalid, and this should remain to be the fact.
    Great words, i couldn't have said it better if i tried.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

Being able to do double damage on JoC every 15 secs from repentance would be OP.

art of war has already been nerfed, didnt you get the memo?
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter