PvE Healing Spec

With the introduction of some new and incredible talents in both the Balance and Restoration trees, the options for how to spec and play a Resto Druid are now varied and based on one's own preferences and play-style.

The following spec is the one I will most likely go with in the expansion:

Heavy HoT Healing

This spec takes full advantage of the reduced GCDs and increased durations of Lifebloom and Rejuvenation and of the increased crit-chance of Regrowth, as well as the several talents that add other effects or increase the healing coefficients of these spells (including those in the Balance tree) and Flourish. Nourish will be a secondary heal with this spec, but will be the primary direct-healing spell outside of Regrowth (HT won't even be an option unless used in a NS-HT combo). Likewise, Tranquility will remain a fairly useless AoE healing spell as Flourish will easily surpass it in versitility (it can heal any group within a raid and it does not have to be channeled and has no CD). I chose to take 1/3 in Natural Perfection and 3/3 in Living Spirit and Splendor, but these points can be rearanged depending on one's preferences. Mana conservation will be almost a non-issue with the many talents that increase mana regeneration or decrease the cost of the healing spells (coupled with the fact that healing spells like Lifebloom will no longer spammed whenever the GCD is up, allowing more time between casts and taking more advantage of the "5 second rule"). This spec would benefit well from Glyphs like Glyph of Lifebloom, Glyph of Rejuvenation, and Glyph of Regrowth. (Glyph of Innervate is a secondary option but may prove to not be necessary with the improved mana efficiency of this spec.)

Re: PvE Healing Spec

Lifebloom will be insane with a 10 second duration. Regrowth basically gets the T5 2 set bonus for 3 points.

I would glyph Lifebloom, Swiftmend and Regrowth. Regrowth's glyph and mana cost reduction talents make Nourish redundant, sadly.

don't forget that lifebloom is getting a significant coefficient reduction

Teuton

Personally this would be my spec of choice.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...00000000000000

I like your spec Den because of the regrowth spamability.....with the natures grace you can bacicly make your regrowth 1.5 second cast over half of the time witch imo is very nice for prince stage 2 fights and etc .

Yes, that's why I took Nature's Grace. The theme behind my spec is to make myself as versatile as possible, while being an extremely efficient and powerful healer. Nature's Grace allows me to spam Regrowth if/when needed (an option I like having). With the Glyph of Regrowth and other changes made to the spell, it may easily become the best "direct heal" available to Druids. Nature's Grace adds to that effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuror
    I would glyph Lifebloom, Swiftmend and Regrowth. Regrowth's glyph and mana cost reduction talents make Nourish redundant, sadly.
    Glyph of Swiftmend is a very nice substitute for Glyph of Rejuvenation. However, I usually don't find Rejuv's or Regrowth's HoTs to be exceptionally effective in their hp/s (though Rejuvenation will be more effective in the expansion because of Replenish and the increased duration of Regrowth from Nature's Splendor may make it useful for multiple Swiftmends if needed). I figure though that Glyph of Rejuvenation will make that spell even more effective, giving me more reason to spam it and giving Replenish more chances to proc. I'll take the Glyph of Swiftmend suggestion into consideration though.

I agree with your comment on Nourish as I suspect that may be the case, but I think Nourish will be much more mana efficient and will heal for more than Regrowth, making for a very useful direct heal when Regrowth simply isn't enough. If I find that, with my spec and glyphs, Regrowth is much better than Nourish in every way (as it very well may be), I won't bother using Nourish at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Belegonfax
    don't forget that lifebloom is getting a significant coefficient reduction
    This has been a primary concern and consideration of mine. No longer will Druids be able to spam Lifebloom and rely on that almost entirely for the vast majority of the healing done. Lifebloom will instead be a backup HoT, that when stacked will put out more hp/s than Rejuvenation and will effectively stabilize the target's hp, but won't be enough to keep the target topped off. Other heals will be needed alongside Lifebloom and Rejuvenation to put out the necessary amount of healing to keep on par with what we are currently use to (as far as hp/s and total healing done are concerned), but with the changes to Lifebloom and Rejuvenation (to their duration and GCDs) it will be much easier to do other types of healing while keeping these refreshed.