Blacksmithing and DPS armor.

Either I just haven't been paying close enough attention to the updates, but it seems that blacksmiths don't get to make a nice starter DPS armor like we could in BC with the Fel Iron Set. Does this bother anyone else? I have a DPS warrior who I would love to be able to gear up by using my blacksmithing (It's always more rewarding when you can actually use something you create) but from the looks of it, I'll have to rely on quests...

Am I just blind and haven't seen anything to contradict this?

Re: Blacksmithing and DPS armor.

Most likely Blizz hasn't designed all the profession items yet. We have seen few blues and couple of epics, all the greenies are yet to be implemented, so we will most likely get some dps/healing/tank plates for lvl 70-75 at some point..

Just be patient ^^

Aye, I sure hope so.

According to blizzard (source?) they are adding a ludicrus amount of craftables in this expansion. They want Recipes from Drops, Instances, Trainers and Factions to be plentiful. We have already seen them implement more variants of equal level gear for blacksmithers (Spellpower/tanking and dps sets?), so patience is most important. We have yet to see any of the BOP crap yet, although implementation and Place Holders for Tailoring BOP epics are underway. Refer to Willheim's BEAUTIFUL Blacksmithing post in the Wrath Official Forums for almost uptodate information.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...59901&sid=2000

Blizzard has been paying close attention to the profession's forums so expect more goodies! Yay Shields!!!

Hope they add more recipes in the 1-60 range as well.
    blacksmith gear at that level, as well as leatherworking and tailoring is just pathetic useless junk.

bbr, doubt it highly. They didn't back add crafting in BC, so I doubt they will in WotLK. They only added a couple BoP only items if I recall correctly.

I really doubt they'll take the time to revamp the early tiers, as sweet as that'd be. Simply too time consuming.

I really hope they ace crafting for WOTLK though, I'm really big into crafting professions. Still trying to make up my mind on engineering or blacksmithing for my warrior though ><
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

Like the other posters said - plenty of work remains to be done and adding more BS recipes are on that list.

Tanking gear is the priority though, for progression reasons.

Developers can't design encounters without benchmark tanking specs, and the BS tank gear provides that.

Testers can't test without decent tank gear, particuarly since the radical changes made to tanking stats quickly render tanking gear obtained in TBC obselete.

Just an FYI as having a Blacksmith, Tailor, Leatherworker, etc all at 375 on characters..

None of that starter 300+ gear is actually better than anything you can get through quests. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Paranitis
    Just an FYI as having a Blacksmith, Tailor, Leatherworker, etc all at 375 on characters..

None of that starter 300+ gear is actually better than anything you can get through quests. :P
    Tailor spell damage set is solid with 2pc bonus, for quite a long time. You won't ever use the whole set but you don't need more than 4/8 for full bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by Paranitis

I actually used the Fel Iron Belt/Legs/Gloves/Boots set for quite a while, up until at least 68.
    The set bonuses were just too good to give up.
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

The Tailor crafted sets were OP. Our raiders only got rid of things like Frozen shadoweave when they got 4 peice T6. The Primal Mooncloth was similar, but a little lower.