Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    Something that I would like to see for warriors is a change of their charging mechanics:

    Arms Tree: Remove the cannot be used in combat from Charge, but can only be used in battle stance still.

    Fury Tree: Move Imp Intercept back into the fury tree, but can only be used in berserker stance.

    Protection Tree: Change Intervene so that we charge our target instead of the targets/target, but keep the rest of it the same.

    That or just remove the fact that we lose almost all our rage from changing stances so we can utilize the proper charge without crippling our rage.

  2. #22

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    Quote Originally Posted by Rafy
    I like it how they talk about druids, warriors and DK's
    Fack paladins right ? lol
    Mana mechanics in Wrath of the Lich King
    We haven't done much work on mana generation or sustainability in part because we were working on the massive buff changes and the mana battery mechanics in general. While managing your mana is something we want you to have to consider (else why have mana at all?), ideally we don't want to balance a class around "well this guy can do a lot but runs out of mana really fast." That's not a fun mechanic.
    (Source)
    That's actually a note to the JotW change. I know it's not about tankadins as you might have wanted but at least it's your class

  3. #23

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    I know it's not about tankadins as you might have wanted but at least it's your class
    edited since it applies to paladins just as well as it applies to warriors

    One of the designers mentioned the movie Gladiator the other day. Watch how Maximus uses his shield -- he isn't cowering behind it -- he's bashing people in the face with it. Shields should be a viable form of combat, not the option to avoid combat. It would be awesome if some day Ret was the 2H tree, and Prot was the sword and board tree. Prot has a long way to go before it's more PvP viable, but maybe, just maybe there could be a tree where control and survivability were an alternative to just bigger damage. It may not happen this expansion, but it's a step in that direction.

  4. #24

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    shammys wear shields, too, it would be nice to fine some active use for them, not just armor filler for pvp
    please, make shields a viable form of combat!

  5. #25

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    shammys wear shields, too, it would be nice to fine some active use for them, not just armor filler for pvp Cheesy
    please, make shields a viable form of combat! Smiley
    shield slam for enhancement? that's just crazy enough to work hrm... it would take some work, dual wield would pretty much need to be removed from the tree entirely.

  6. #26

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    id doesnt have to be exactly for enha, since hes not the one who uses them that often, something maybe like "Thunder Lash" shield ability, with sparkling animation around shield and lightning from the sky, hitting, maybe incapacitating target for 1-2s, with 45s CD, with cool shield bashing animation
    maybe some sort of throw shield, which would rotate in the air, knocking enemy down (like those basterds in MgT) for 1-2s, tho this sounds more like warr ability
    for paladin dunno, inho could get for some duration his own damage, working basically as OH weapon for lets say 5-10s, again with nice bashing animation and some divine light around it, WHILE keeping armor bonus from shield ofc

  7. #27

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    lol that Dark Legacy comic is so right : JUST BEAT IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowyn
    All the screams of "WoW is dying" is just stupid to me. Their numbers keep going up, how do you explain that? Personally I get really tired of WoW, wait let me rephrase that, personally I get tired of the morons I have to put with when I play WoW. Morons who think that they are entitled something, morons who whimper about the old days when they were screaming about how boring MC was and how they wanted to claw their eyes out. I wish you people could hear/read what you say/post sometimes.

  8. #28
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germay
    Posts
    116

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    Tanking in WotLK

    Ironic mode: on
    In my opinion every class should be able to tank.
    - Hunter´s with a special Tank pet that heals itself, has 40K Armor and is unstunable, unfearable, etc
    - Warlock with a special Tank deamon that heals itself, has 40K Armor and is unstunable, unfearable, etc
    - Mages with a special Tank elemtar that heals itself etc...
    - Rogues that will never been hit because they can have 100% dodge by a special Tank talent
    - Shammis with their Tank equip on
    - etc...

    come on Blizzard. There a classes that made for tanking. Warriors, Druids and Palas.
    That´s the story. It is not boring to tank. It is boring not to tank because players without skill can tank almost everything because you think this is better for the players. Death Knights will kick out all "old" tanks.
    Blzzard knows that and now they will bring fun for the tanks. It will be fun to give us more aggro. If aggro is made of damage for tanks.... You need to give me 3K dps. Otherwise give me more aggro with my skills.

    I actual think that this AddOn will bring Chars that can do almost everything but nothing really good because players never will learn what it means to concentrate on one position within a group. Don´t mess it up Bliizard. Please do not be so stupid. Make it simpel and straight. THIS IS A MMOG. This means you will play with others.
    This means although you have to have skill to tank (damage heal etc..).

    Everybody playing this game knows what it means to fail because of players that can´t heal, tank or whatever. You make it to simpel.... Welcome to the unskilled Kiddie world... Welcome to WoW.

    My 2 cents

  9. #29

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    Wish that warrior thread was in the europe forums. The problem with the prot changes is that they are dumbing down warrior tanking, trying to make it an autopilot job like druid and paladin tanking already are. I don't really get the point. If I wanted a slow style of tanking I would play my paladin and enjoy the rarely overlapping long cooldown abilities. I hated that play style and made a warrior because it is more hectic and involved. Now blizzard seem to be intent on dumbing down warrior in the same way.

    Don't they realise that the two play styles is about the only reason to have both Paladin and Warrior tanks? They seem to be dedicated to pushing them both to play with this same middle ground that they may as well not have both. Having equal viability is fine, but having identical play styles as it appears they will end up with in WotLK is a joke.

  10. #30

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    Quote Originally Posted by DARsan
    wrath of the druid king anyone????
    give them CLOS, Vanish, and Feint and they will make better rogues than the current ones :s
    QQ more, maybe you wankers will get more nerfed besides our --> PvE <-- healing power.

    : : : : : : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : : : : : : :

  11. #31

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    Quote Originally Posted by neh0e
    rafy hit the nail on the head, i think they just want to delete paladins in the future since they released death knight.
    Paladins aren't content with being Raid viable Tanks, Healers or DPS then?

  12. #32

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    Quote Originally Posted by neh0e
    rafy hit the nail on the head, i think they just want to delete paladins in the future since they released death knight.
    lol

    LORE

  13. #33

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    I like how it says "Should get your party" ;D

    "HAI GUIS LETS GO COT: SCHOLO, OH FUCK WE ENDED UP IN MOLTEN CORE, LUL"

  14. #34

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    I guess the age of bear armor really is over. Its simply a matter of moving the armor talent further down the tree since the reason they aren't buffing it is clearly to keep restos from getting it. But 6 more dodge and 15% less damage (I would think that is as high as it goes since 75% for a 25 man raid would be silly op) is good enough. Gunna miss having 10k+ more armor than warriors though.

    Still kinda think feral tanking is looking lack luster with the new itemization. We'll see what endgame beta tells us.
    (>^.^)> ----o----o----o

    I Spam Wrath

  15. #35

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrm
    Paladins aren't content with being Raid viable Tanks, Healers or DPS then?
    Well, ignoring that neh0e is heavily over-exaggerating, there's currently a small issue with Retribution not being raid viable since there's a sever mana problem. Tanking is likely going to be so viable that it'll make Warriors QQ, but I don't know about healing which still looks a bit lack-lustre. Well, from a fun-point of view.

  16. #36

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    If you really think the current retadin mana situation is going to make it to live, you don't deserve to breathe.

    Damn modern technology protecting people from darwinism, I tell ya...
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

    http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

    For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

  17. #37

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    If you really think the current retadin mana situation is going to make it to live, you don't deserve to breathe.
    This.

    Its Beta for a reason, stop crying before it hits retail, then you have the right to complain.
    Paladins where changed massively with the classic->tbc transition because back then the only spec wich was even remotely viable was holy.
    Now you have prot and retri added as viable raidspecs, so have some faith that blizzard will balance things accordingly instead of acting like a 12yo wich had his toys taken away.

  18. #38

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    I want shield block back to the way it was, hell if I care if it's fun or not. Actually, it is more fun, cause it keeps me busy during the tanking "experience". Really playing the game is all just spamming buttons, so for all the buttons that people spam in this game, shield block is probably the worst one to start with making fun. Basically, I want my damn mitigation!

  19. #39

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    You got extra, other buttons to smash now.

    Author of: Goggle Cat Comics.

  20. #40

    Re: Build 8885 Professions, Blue Posts, Comic

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenetus
    shield slam for enhancement? that's just crazy enough to work hrm... it would take some work, dual wield would pretty much need to be removed from the tree entirely.
    pshhh, no way. Enh shammies could tank then! Just DW shields, get yourself up to plate armor, gear for mitigation (druid tank gear?), and good 2 go! I dunno what you'd attack with though, lightning bolt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100
    I like how it says "Should get your party" ;D

    "HAI GUIS LETS GO COT: SCHOLO, OH FUCK WE ENDED UP IN MOLTEN CORE, LUL"
    I rofl'ed. That's engineering for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberoy
    I want shield block back to the way it was, hell if I care if it's fun or not. Actually, it is more fun, cause it keeps me busy during the tanking "experience". Really playing the game is all just spamming buttons, so for all the buttons that people spam in this game, shield block is probably the worst one to start with making fun. Basically, I want my damn mitigation!
    Your sig is extremely ironic atm, considering your sentiments. And you know, *moving,* reacting to the situation, etc involves a lot more for any class than "mashing the buttons" (though dps don't have much else to do). Especially as a tank or healer. Tanks that stand in one place and mash buttons are bad tanks, no matter how much mitigation they have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delondial
    Gunna miss having 10k+ more armor than warriors though.
    You mean 15-20k? lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Montas
    Dalaran is city of mages... there will be portal to every little city in azeroth... it would be like "write where you want to be ported" :P
    I freaking hope so. The moment Wrath comes out I'm leaving shatt and never coming back. Fucking failure of a city. FUCK THAT GODDAMN LAUGHING NPC.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •