Minor Glyphs for Druids

Like the Mage getting a glyph to get a polymorph: Penguin, I would love to see Druids get a minor glyph to change the appearance of Bear and Cat forms.

Cat:
    Shadowmaw Panther
    Stranglethorn Tiger
    Winterspring Frostsaber
    etc

Bear:
    Black
    Brown
    Plagued Bear
    Polar Bear - Already as a glyph, hoping more are added
    etc

It would make telling one druid from another in raid easier and give us something that goes along with the new "hairstylist" stuff.

Re: Minor Glyphs for Druids

Druids have 2 glyphs for forms. Polar bear, and (red?) lynx for cat. More are sure to come. Plague bear will be a no-no as it doesn't really fit with druid lore. Im just hoping that each druid form will have roughly 10 minor glyphs, or more.

Plagued, unlikely.

All the others though, quite likely.

shadowmaw is awfully close to the real color of cat druids
    brown is awfully close to the real color of bear druids.

Lynx I think is a confirmed glyph for cat druids
    polar bear is a confirmed glyph for bear druids.

I hope they do add the druid markings to the new models though, and not just reuse npc models.

I seriously don't understand what raiding has with character customisation, i know he mentioned mats for glyphs droping from illidan, but that will never happen anyway.

What you should know is that in a MMORPG character customisation is everything, noone wants to look the same for the eternity, that's why fashion exists in real life.
    Feral druids are having the same skins for 4 years now and they are sick of looking at the same look for so much time, while you want to deny them more character customisation i really don't see a problem with it, give then 10 skins for each form tbh.

Edit: Raiding ofc beeing the place where everyone gets new looks would be a good place for glyph drops for druids now that i think over it. little noob here :P

15+ Year Old Account

While we're at it:

Tree Glyphs:
    Ancient of War
    Ancient of Wisdom
    The Flowers walking around in Un'Goro
    Different kinds of Treants
    etc.

And something similar for our feathery friends of course!

I'm going to second the comment about including druid markings on the new forms.

I'm also going to go ahead and say that even more than a different skin for bear, cat, flight, or swim form I'd really, really like to see different travel forms. At least have travel forms that are in-line with the other forms. Druid markings, horns, ears, whatever.

It'd also be cool to have forms with barding similar to the epic flight form. Glyph of the War Bear, as an example, wouldn't change the way your dire bear form looks, it would just add armor. Glyph of the Battle Cat... well, that's just cool because it reminds me of He-Man.

And yes, I realize these serve no practical purpose. But after about four years of looking at the same forms (for the most part) I'll freely admit that my vanity is hurting. Especially since WotLK will allow us to use Feral Swiftness indoors... I'll probably spend almost no time out of one form or another.

15+ Year Old Account

As far as I know Minor Glyphs only change cosmetical things, ie. Appearance, or removing cost of buff spells.

As a resto druid i'd take the glyph for the appearance change of my tree (hopefully there will be one) and the one to remove the cost of GotW. Dunno yet what I might chose as my third minor Glyph.

15+ Year Old Account

Just for those that whines about this taking up Glyph spots....remember you will only want these Glyphs if you are feral, which will almost mean that you won't need reagents for anything but Rebirth which you can use for the third minor glyph Resto and Balance would not take these cosmetical glyphs tho since they would want the reagent remover more

I read it was 3 greater and 3 minor now (and 4th greater with inscription)

I hope for a completely different model for moonkin through a glyph, not just another colour like they've done so far.

15+ Year Old Account

I have 2 different feelings on this. First about glyphs:

I am happy they are giving us options, I think a red lynxx and a polar bear will be pretty awesome and a little change of pace from the regular old forms. However, I would like to see some resto/balance love as well and get new models there as well.

Second, I would like an alternative to the current glyphs, as someone else has stated a lot of us put a lot of time and effort into our gear and like being able to show it off like everyone else. Some sort of glyph that lets my gear show through my form would be my #1 choice, but new models is better than nothing imo.

I suppose gear could work with moonkin and treeform but I definitely do not want to see ferals running around with horns and hammers for example.

I agree with Talmar, having gear on a feral would be a little too "Redwall" for my liking.

Here's another one: Travel Form of the Fox - Changes model of travel form into a Red Fox.

Having multiple choice to change the appearance of our druid forms would make many of us that enjoy playing our druids extremely happy. I love my druid but I get aggravated when I get a nice new piece of phat loot and when I am in animal forms you have no idea whether I am geared in all greens or t6 epics. Would be nice if armor would give so change in appearance to the form you are currently using to give each druid an individual feel to their own character. A few customizable option for druid animal forms would be nice. Yes I am sure this has been stated somewhere above but I am just asking for the chance for druids to be able to show a little gear to stand apart when they are in forms.

15+ Year Old Account

Getting Tier items should change the Form graphic (adding armor and such) it would be enough to get like T7 Form graphic if you just have 1 of the T7 items....and it will always go for the higher one :P so if you have four pieces of T7 and one piece of T8 then it's T8 Form graphic...and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    Getting Tier items should change the Form graphic (adding armor and such) it would be enough to get like T7 Form graphic if you just have 1 of the T7 items....and it will always go for the higher one :P so if you have four pieces of T7 and one piece of T8 then it's T8 Form graphic...and so on
    Dude, I just need to say I really fell in love with that idea.

Im not even a druid and tbh that sounds awesome
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Drosan
    Dude, I just need to say I really fell in love with that idea.
    Meh I just wrote something :P