Poll: Ok, so you're keeping your priest in WotLK. Will you respec, and to what?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

So, you decided to keep your priest...

Ok, so we've all talked about why this type or that type of priest has been nerfed or sucks or whatever... but which direction do you see yourself actually going in the expansion? I've always fancied myself as a healer, even though right now in TBC my priest is a Spriest for farming. But, come the expansion, I'm hanging up my battery ways and rerolling primary Discipline for Grace and the still-needed Imp. Divine Spirit. So, where are you headed, and why?

Re: So, you decided to keep your priest...

Quote Originally Posted by Retronius
    Ok, so we've all talked about why this type or that type of priest has been nerfed or sucks or whatever... but which direction do you see yourself actually going in the expansion? I've always fancied myself as a healer, even though right now in TBC my priest is a Spriest for farming. But, come the expansion, I'm hanging up my battery ways and rerolling primary Discipline for Grace and the still-needed Imp. Divine Spirit. So, where are you headed, and why?
    You know that grace sucks as of right now, right?

Gonna do the same thing I did for BC, Shadow to 70, holy to raid for a couple months, until I get bored of it, then once I got some Ok gear, onto PvP, as full disc. Once geared with plenty resi or what ever. back to DPS healing hybrid specs.

Im so excited!!

also IDS probably isn't even needed anymore either. (FT totem)

I'm only going to be doing the 10 man content, and will most likely be the only priest in the party, so will be deep holy with IDS.

The thing i like about the priest (only level 67 atm) is there diversity in healing abilities. I was originally going to be holy paladin, but having tried them out in the beta and in live, i just felt so bored with there healing style.

Priests are a fun healing class.

I'll mosts likely be rerolling priest when wotlk hits actually. My priest is already lvl 70, but its an alt and I hardly play it these days.

True story:
    I have 3 priests---Holy, disc and shadow =D All on the same server. Although my holy priest is only 39 atm I will be levelling her to 80 along with my husband's deathknight
    However, I also have another level 65 priest on another server who will be 70 by WOTLK.

I dont need to respec hah.

I selected shadow, but not for PvE. I think there is legitimate smoke in that area.

At the moment definately

Enjoy it while it lacks, though I do have a naive hope that Blizz will give Spriests their own little place in WotLK kind of like how they did for TBC.

I like to think I'll be staying Holy for the majority of Wrath (and raiding). I love healing, and the current state of Shadow in the beta hasn't impressed me that much thus far to swing me the other way. I understand things can changeand I'm not ruling out a quick respec for the 70-80 grind.

I was leaning towards a deep holy spec again in Wrath though I'd prefer to tackle the 10 man raids over 25 man raids. I'm not in the beta and as raids aren't implemented there yet (I think anyway?) I don't know if deep holy will be the most useful spec for raiding at 80. If disc is more useful I will most likely go disc but if both are "equally" viable I'll be holy over disc from what I've seen so far.

I would love to go for a CoH + Serendipity + IDS build, but I have no idea if this is even practical in Wrath for raiding or in general. I might just be seeing it as a 'if I had this in TBC it would be epic' way, and things will be completely different in Wrath. Guardian Spirit may be more useful than IDS... I have no idea at this point. Preventing a killing blow can be really nice when needed, along with the 40% bonus heal on the target every 3 minutes but I wonder if the usefulness of that will outweight the utility of IDS buff. I'm saying this assuming I will be the only Priest in a 10 man run, which may or may not be the case, and that caster DPS will gain better benefits from spirit in Wrath than they do now.

The strength of shadow in the beta is entirely contingent on your gear level imo.
    I have 1380 spell power and I 3-shot most mobs up to level 72 (im 70.9, yes, i lack playing time)

I am not sure how well it does at 75+ though... I assume 70-74 will not be problem (just as 60-64 was for T2+ characters)

Def. staying Imp. Spirit for Wrath. I love healing, I love my Priest. Can't wait!