Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Straight Pve Shadow, watch out now!

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...12305150301351

this spec looks like a beast to me. Everything you could possibly need for pve, nothing for pvp.

Re: Straight Pve Shadow, watch out now!

Not really great in spriest knowledge but I would like to suggest taking some points out of imp inner fire and putting into imp shadowform.

Not for the fade but for the chance to resist push back, from the looks of how spells are coming out in the form of alot of aoe ability's + heals. Most raids you will be taking alot of aoe damage which could involve push backs.

I don't speak Shadow Priest very fluently but it looks good to me.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

yea, thats about right. imp SF is a personal call, but you do need imp inner fire since it affects all spell power now. its an extra 72 SP for taking it. also, 4/5 imp MB. just my opinion, but it fits the cast rotation a bit better - mb mf mf mb - as just part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom366
    but you do need imp inner fire since it affects all spell power now. its an extra 72 SP for taking it.
    Aaa, very interesting, never saw that change. Yeah I see why there is points into it now.

Does also back up my point about not knowing priest so much :P.

Quote Originally Posted by elmarshal
    ...I would like to suggest taking some points out of imp inner fire and putting into imp shadowform.
    Just a note: we have to take in consideration that inner fire in WotLK will give u, besides armor, spell power, so, on inner fire rank 9, we'll have 192 spell power instead of 120, so it's something to think about

@Yeknom366

The 5/5 imp mindblast is there because in many fights we have to move, so it interrupts our rotation. When you reposition yourself i like to be able to open right back up with a mind blast.

Also i dont mind cuttin mindflay off after the 2nd tick, its risky but once you get it down, the extra damage is worth it.

imp shadowform is a pvp talent imo

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom366
    also, 4/5 imp MB. just my opinion, but it fits the cast rotation a bit better - mb mf mf mb - as just part of it.
    If you have more haste, with 4/5 IMB it would be more like: MB, MF, MF, picking your nose, MB. :P

Drop inner focus and take put one point to imp shadow form because removing movement impairing effects can save your life in pve also

@Eloro

Imp ve is purely a personal choice, i like to be able to help my party stay healed up. I know my healing has made a difference on certain bosses (narjentus black temple and Brut) Simply because its once less heal for the healers to do. I usually am either in the healers group (if our 2nd spriest is there) because they need more mana and they never have to worry about healing themselves than...

I will always take imp ve simply because i like it, granted if i needed those 2 points to get a more worthwhile talent i would..but imp sf, or even silence isnt worth it to me. like i said this is purely pve

15+ Year Old Account

is that not better? inp inner fire > 30% dispell? :S

@gish

how many bosses do u know that dispel dots?

this is only pve, and imp inner fire will give u +72 extra spell power.

72 sp > than 20% holy/disc threat reduc and 30% chance for dots not to be dispel'd on raid bosses

15+ Year Old Account

yea for pve i think theres no need for imp shadow. that spec looks sick / perfect though

you might consider removing misery if/when you get hit capped.

(its meant to be a raid buff, but it becomes more and more useless as the classes become hit capped (they wont count on your 3% always being there))

I really don't see imp SF as being a personal choice. It reduces the time lost on mindflay/mb/vt when you take damage. Now i can see people saying, "Oh well, MB/VT don't matter much," and i would agree there, but when you have a spectacular amount of haste and you take 1 tick of raid damage, you may only get 1 tick of mindflay off before it is interrupted. The best example is RoS. That fight is utter shit for SPriests if they don't have a paladin, and then it still sucks pretty hard. If this stacks with Conc. Aura, it would be 100% chance to not take any interruption...that is beyond-belief-good. And, Rikken, if you are using imp VE in TBC, you must have the most amazing tank on the planet. The threat gen from imp VE is too much to even really consider, as i assume you would have to waste mana and a gcd on fade, which is generally not the right choice. And if you are killing brutallus, chances are that you have a lot of Resto Shamans and CoH priests, so they will, no matter how much healing you are dishing out, heal one or two times on your group, thus making imp VE a totally wasted talent.

It has dangerous threat gen, and the healing is pretty much useless.

@ wogwog

I never use fade because you are correct, it is a total waste of a gcd. The tanks in our guild are quite good, like i said i have no problem of going all out in a max dps rotation with imp ve up and i never pull.

agree to disagree on the imp Sf issue, i feel it is mainly useful in pvp, you feel its useful in pve. We disagree, no worries

Isn't 3 points in unbreakable will better than 3 points in imp shield?

I never needed imp shield in pve, and think that the 3 points are marginally better for boss fights where you get feared /stunned / silenced.
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    Isn't 3 points in unbreakable will better than 3 points in imp shield?

I never needed imp shield in pve, and think that the 3 points are marginally better for boss fights where you get feared /stunned / silenced.
    Who wants to get out of a stun before a tank? Not I said the little grass hopper. I shield myself so much (specially on fights like RoS back in the day)

Quote Originally Posted by rikken

this spec looks like a beast to me. Everything you could possibly need for pve, nothing for pvp.
    This is pretty much the spec I intend to play with first... however i'm considering not putting points into misery, it will just depend on gear itemisation and mechanics adopted in WotLK. I heard that spell hit was going to be moved in line with melee hit, ie. 9% to cap instead of 17%.

If I decide misery is useless, i'd probably take imp SF or i'd even consider grabbing silence as there isnt' too much else to get.

Im using imp VE on every boss in Sunwell and its just rocks ! The only Boss im using it later is Felmyst coz there is the Threat gen too high.

Fade is very helpfull on Killjaden when the Reflections spawns. But i dont use it on other Encounter , Muru eventually.

My Question about imp SF is: If we got hit and with the talent the spellbushback is like 0.3s, If this would happen after an Mind flay tick, would this mean the next tick will be 0.3 s faster or do we loose a Tick anyway?