Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gundrak Items, Wintergrasp Changes, Blue Posts

Ongoing Wintergrasp Changes
    Originally Posted by Kalgan
    Here's a quick update on some of the things coming to Wintergrasp over the course of the next few beta updates.

• Graveyards will be inaccessible to attackers (ie: above normal terrain) to put a damper on gy camping.
    • Ranking up will be based on HKs rather than killing blows (was always intended to be HKs)
    • In the case of team imbalances, there will be escalating bonuses to the weaker team (for both honor and combat effectiveness... mostly survivability bonuses and potentially easier access to vehicles)
    • The losing team will receive a partial bonus at the end of a battle (also based on participation)
    • Players will be able to leave Wintergrasp at any time (via a "Leave Battle" UI option similar to leaving a battleground)
    • A variety of daily quests will be introduced to the zone, including quests that are relevant when the battle isn't currently active
    • Ongoing tuning of vehicle power (they're still on the strong side)
    • Ongoing bugfixing and polish

Something else we're hoping to get in, but aren't certain of at this point is the ability to select which graveyard you respawn at.

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    World Server is down
    This is not uncommon in beta. "World Server Down" means that something is specifically crashing Northrend. On our end, when this happens we track down what is causing the crash and fix it. Some things are easier to find than others. Some things are easier to fix than others. While feedback from Beta testers is absolutely crucial to us, just having people on the server "doing stuff" also reveals a lot to us. I know how annoying it can be to be kicked from the server but you really are helping us get things stable. (Source)

Riding Crop
    The jury is still out on what's going to happen to the crop. We hope to have a solution soon. The main goal was to get the riding crop out of the trinket slot. It's very common to end up in combat with a riding crop equipped which wasn't very fun. It was also tedious to have to swap trinkets everytime you mounted (even with a mod like Outfitter or with macros).

We ran into some technical issues when we switched over to our new mount system. So the crop is somewhat in flux. The main design goal is "not a trinket". (Source)

Strand of the Ancients and Wintergrasp Achievements soon
    Good suggestion. We're going to be adding Wintergrasp and Strand of the Ancients achievements soon so any brainstorming by you guys is welcome. Now is the time -- let's hear those ideas! (Source)

Zhevra Mount achievement not worth points anymore
    This one has been changed to be a Feat of Strength. (Source)

Death Knight (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8885))
    Obliterate / Scourge Strike
    I think Obliterate just needs to do more damage and Scourge Strike less. They are very similar abilities so it's easy to imagine numbers balanced in such a way that Obliterate is fun for Blood (when you don't need Death Strike) and Scourge Strike is an improvement to Obliterate for Unholy without being the only talent you ever need in that tree. (Source)

Rogue (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8885))
    Poison Skills Feats of Strength ?
    Gamnin mentioned "We’re removing the Poisons skill and making the finished poisons available on vendors for purchase. This should free up a fair amount of bag space. " We should get a Feats of Strength for having the skill at max before its removal.
    This is a cool idea. We'll look into it although depending on how the class team handled the removal of poisons, we may or may not be able to do this as a Feat. (Source)

Re: Gundrak Items, Wintergrasp Changes, Blue Posts

So Lake Wintergrasp is a BG, but at the same time isn't?
    Items are looking good, there's hit rating on them.
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

is it just me or is there much haste rating on the caster gear
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Calling Mindflay a defense is like calling, excuse the language, slicing your anus open with a knife a defensive move against surprise buttsecks.
    http://wow.allakhazam.com/wiki/pre-naxx_holy_paladin_guide_(wow)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

3 items for plate and leather dps.. 3 items for healers, only 1(!) tank item

You'd have to be a really sad rogue not to have maxed your poison skill.....
    And this will free up ZERO bagspace. What a stupid statement, you'd still have to carry 1 stack of each poison around. Does anyone actually keep base materials around? I sure don't.

And for flightpaths.. don't you just wish you could "jump off" midflight?
    Would make the parachute cloak a lot more useful.

Also, blizzard still sucks at assigning item stats properly.

Quote Originally Posted by mud_lime
    is it just me or is there much haste rating on the caster gear
    yeah, i'm wondering how it looks like. instant bolts of fire/ice/shadow ? o0 i'm looking forward to it

You can only reduce the GCD to 1 sec max though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilcuss
    And this one has parry rating and strength. Wasted stats for a tankign druid.
    Right now, except for a necklace and maybe a trinket I will still wear my tank stuff from level 70.

Seems like you will be able to tell the other stats of an item by knowing its stamina because the stat distribution seems to be always the same roughly. "Oh, 59 stamina and leather melee? Will have 24 hit rating and 43 agility". :-[

Quote Originally Posted by Wilcuss
    the 2 physical leather items are 'tanking items'

and while leveling the DPS plate will work well enough for DK/war/Pally tanking.

Err, no they aren't.

three real tanking stats:

EH
    avoidance
    TPS

the physical leather items improve all three

and the multipliers form bear form and spec should take care of the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Maenetus
    three real tanking stats:

EH
    avoidance
    TPS

the physical leather items improve all three

and the multipliers form bear form and spec should take care of the rest
    EH stands for? But I guess you mean armor. Well, thing is that items of item level 200 (blue pvp gear and faction rewards still have 30-40% less armor than druid t6. Sunwell items make the gap even wider. That means I am just shifting stats from level 70 to 80. Armor be gone, welcome dodge (which is nerfed as far as I know anyway).

Doesn't sound very well designed to me.

Your comparing t6/sunwell gear to blues in northrend?
    ofc you wont find instant upgrades that are miles better.

also they are re-designing the way that druid tanks work, although im not sure how its going to work, im sure the itemisation has something to do with it.

also, dont forget, for 70-80 normal instances, your not required to be dodge/armor/defense capped.
    they are designed for people lvling in greens/blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharandris
    EH stands for?
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/warri...th-theory.html

tanking while leveling is mostly about your TPS anyways.

at 80 there will like be leather better itemized for tanks

stam, agi, expertise, and not much AP

Oh, for that. Thanks anyway.
    Your comparing t6/sunwell gear to blues in northrend?
    ofc you wont find instant upgrades that are miles better.

also they are re-designing the way that druid tanks work, although im not sure how its going to work, im sure the itemisation has something to do with it.

also, dont forget, for 70-80 normal instances, your not required to be dodge/armor/defense capped.
    they are designed for people lvling in greens/blues.
    I know that I won't get my true upgrades before 25-man Naxx. And since I took blues for comparison the armor values will differ less in the end.

Still, I did this to express my worries. When 3.0 hits we will get quite a stat boost since we can replace def/res stuff. I do not know what our agi/dodge ratio will be but as far as I know it will be nerfed. So with 3.0 we will also lose something.
    Thing is, the redesigning you are talking about just happened. Reading the blue posts before the last patch tells my something like "we will assure, we will see, we want to... etc" but after mother bear I read "less armor won't be an issue". Looks like this was their idea of redesign for now.

Of course I could be wrong and we must consider that they are just designing the very first raid encounters and so there isn't any proper way for the class designers to compare the tanks yet but Blizz is running out of time... and we all know that Blizzard likes fixing things on the fly (remember the mage spelldmg multiplier?).

Another thought is tier gear. Right now all items look like there is no tier gear anymore (usable by dozens of specs etc) but of course there will be. Maybe we will see our armor then again, maybe they finally implement a forth tierset for druids. Right know it's hardly to tell if the blues are talking about 5man content and endgame raiding (endgame starts at the third 25man for me).

take tbc for example, there is very few feral tanking peices until heroics/kara.
    there's a few pieces, but more than likely they were added at the last moment, or even in later patches.

i know its said more than often around here, but seeing as they make blue posts showing that they are aware of these issues, they likely have some idea of whats going on.

Im sure they arent gonna put all this work into feral and leave them gimp gear that will end their pve tanking viability.

Im sure they arent gonna put all this work into feral and leave them gimp gear that will end their pve tanking viability.
    the thing is, with all the feral talent changes, it's not gimp gear.

Ferals should be able to get about the same EH avoidance and TPS as warrior and paladin tanks in that kind of gear (DKs are a work in process)

A feat for maxing poisons ? Yeah... while we're at it why not add one for maxing lockpicking, maxing weapon skill for a weapon type you don't use and... oh, riding skill. Nice one.

And highly doubt it will free bag space, never met a rogue who carries raw reagents around.

Rogues had better get used to it -- or reroll.