Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Gundrak Items, Wintergrasp Changes, Blue Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geboran
    Rogues had better get used to it -- or reroll.
    Not everyone likes to level a new character just so they can get the right gear. Also not everyone likes Rogues, especially being part of the stereotype of people play Rogues.

I dont like pvp but the lake sounds awesome

Quote Originally Posted by omni
    And highly doubt it will free bag space, never met a rogue who carries raw reagents around.
    Seriously. With Skillet, I just say "I want to make 20 wound poisons", then I go talk to a shady dealer and hit the "buy reagents for queued recipes" button that Skillet provides. It's pretty much identical to actually buying the poisons, just that it takes a few minutes to make them. I generally vendor the poison reagents I find in lockboxes. I know it's a waste of gold, but it's just not worth keeping them in my bags.

Maybe they noticed that lots of rogues vendor their poison reagents and just buy them when they're crafting them, and wanted to streamline it a bit.

In a related note, I'm a little concerned with the druid tank itemization for a different reason entirely. Will bears be looking just for the "physical damage" items? The Tanking ring we see linked has a big chunk of defense on it, something bears really won't need at all. It's weird to think about how to resolve the streamlining of itemization across classes (bleah, spirit on my warlock?) with the still-different wants and needs of the classes. Bears will still want to buff dodge, stam, and armor, whereas other tanks will want to buff defense rather than dodge, and rogues don't care at all about dodge. The old way of giving druids very good returns on the Agility investment made a lot of sense that way, but clearly couldn't continue into LK. Still, unless they give druids a parry at least, defense will be a worthless stat for them, and there will clearly be itemization priorities that are unique to the bear. I don't want to have to rely on enchanting/gemming my "rogue" gear for more dodge/stamina as a solution.

I'm amazed they are catering all the way down to the player that can't remember to change out their riding crop. I fear with all the changes to healing, tanking and other changes that blizz is making the game too one dimensional.

since i can'T post on wow's beta forums can some1 do it for me.

Suggestion for Riding Crops. make the item a consumable, where it "enchants" the selected mount to give it more speed. downside to it is for people with multiple mounts they'd need to buy more riding crops to enchant other mounts. or make 1 riding crop have like 5 charges or something. but it'S just a suggestion that i'd like to give blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanctha
    take tbc for example, there is very few feral tanking peices until heroics/kara.
    there's a few pieces, but more than likely they were added at the last moment, or even in later patches.

i know its said more than often around here, but seeing as they make blue posts showing that they are aware of these issues, they likely have some idea of whats going on.

Im sure they arent gonna put all this work into feral and leave them gimp gear that will end their pve tanking viability.

Actually there's an entire set of "green armor" quest rewards throughout Nagrand, Blade's Edge, Netherstorm, and Shadowmoon Valley for druid tanks. Back when BC came out you needed to get all of them to start tanking Kara, since there were no "green armor" normal or heroic drops, or badge gear.

I wonder what blizz plans on doing with the old feral tanking gear though. I don't see who you would drop 20,000 armor or more for some agi and stam going from 70->80. What's stopping feral druids from just using their level 70 tanking gear at 80 to have 36,000 armor (more if you stack it over the level 73 cap)?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Has no one else noticed the complete lack of pally tanking items, also theyve completely consolidated all of the plate dps so ret pallys are pretty much screwed as far as mana is concerned, even in the pally pvp set only 2 items have int. sure more strength and crit is nice but it doesnt matter if we have no mana to seal up, judge, CS, or DS. I hope this is fixed before release otherwise I won't return to WoW

paladin tank items were homogenized with warrior one. Check out new blessing of sanctuary and other end tier talents from prot tree.

Quote Originally Posted by haeresis
    I'm amazed they are catering all the way down to the player that can't remember to change out their riding crop. I fear with all the changes to healing, tanking and other changes that blizz is making the game too one dimensional.
    Not to poke at you in particular, but I'm getting bored in general with the elitist posting trend about dumbing down WoW. It really doesnt matter if folks used to walk to school uphill both ways everyday. Eliminating *unintended* effects of itemization (or anything else) is the perogative of the developers.

If they didnt want you to be stuck without 1/2 of your desired trinkets every time a mob or a player yanked you into combat while riding, so be it. It sounds like the intent was that when you invested the money/time to get a riding crop, you were supposed to be able to enjoy its benefits with no trade off--something that is not the case currently. Sure it could remain a risk management decision by the player.... *if* they really ever wanted it to be that at all.

I think Obliterate just needs to do more damage and Scourge Strike less. They are very similar abilities so it's easy to imagine numbers balanced in such a way that Obliterate is fun for Blood (when you don't need Death Strike) and Scourge Strike is an improvement to Obliterate for Unholy without being the only talent you ever need in that tree.
    Yeah, they're very similar. Except one is a standard skill and one is a talent -deep- in the Unholy tree. Think maybe that means one should be more powerful?

Quote Originally Posted by delage35
    Not to poke at you in particular, but I'm getting bored in general with the elitist posting trend about dumbing down WoW. It really doesnt matter if folks used to walk to school uphill both ways everyday. Eliminating *unintended* effects of itemization (or anything else) is the perogative of the developers.

If they didnt want you to be stuck without 1/2 of your desired trinkets every time a mob or a player yanked you into combat while riding, so be it. It sounds like the intent was that when you invested the money/time to get a riding crop, you were supposed to be able to enjoy its benefits with no trade off--something that is not the case currently. Sure it could remain a risk management decision by the player.... *if* they really ever wanted it to be that at all.
    If that is the case how can you be sure any of your other gear is correct.... :

I can see it coming, built in gear tender. Makes sure you have the correct items with the best stat spread, automatically choses the best quest reward and rolls on drops for you.

Pretty seen all you will have to do is select either the tank or the target(auto targeting system?) and click heal or attack.