Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bom vs battle shout!

whit the change to improve bom form 50% to 25%, many people cry that people will only use battle shout for raid buff insted of bom.
    have to say that thise how that people are kinde not follow whit the other change to bom,

her what it say about bom now

Places a Blessing on the friendly target, increasing attack power by 550 for 10 min. Players may only have one Blessing on them per Paladin at any one time.
    5% of base mana, 30 yd range, Instant cast

and her is battle shout

The warrior shouts, increasing the melee attack power of all raid and party members within 20 yards by 550. Lasts 2 min.
    10 Rage, Instant

and they bother have talant to improve there spell whit 25%,

so what make you think that people will want battle shout insted of bom?

geather bom last for 30 min, where battle shout last for 2-3 and cost rage every time they need to cast it. so what make you think battle shout is bether then bom.

Re: Bom vs battle shout!

uhm what?

while the warrior is using BS the pala can put other blessings on people that not BOM. Or the pala can use BOM and the warrior CS

base BoM = base battle shout
    talented BoM = talented battle shout

it's not hard keeping battle shout up.

Yeah, it's not very hard keeping shouts up as a warrior. 10 rage every 2 min isn't that much.

If pallys don't do BoM, they can do kings or something else.
    If warrs don't do BS they can to commanding shout.

BoM and BS won't stack anymore.

All in all it would come down to group/raid composition i suppose. Who's got improved this and that.

People seem to think Pally BoM will become usless but thats not true, as least not froma hunters PoV as BS is Melee ONLY AP while BoM is RAP, so for me BoM wins.

you have to be in range for battle shout so clearly in a raid enouncter everyone may get it they may, but not everytime.

BOM is a buff lasts 30 minutes, so if other blessings aren't needed i reckon the buff is better then shout.
    GG!

dont forget about
    Glyph of Blessing of Might - Your Blessing of Might also grants offensive spell power equal to 10% of the attack power it grants.
    so basicly every caster/heaer will want BoM in wotlk
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

wonder if they will then remove solarians warrior only trinket...

As said before with a Paladin around the Warrior will want to use CS instead of BS.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

As said before with a Paladin around the Warrior will want to use CS instead of BS.
    unless the lock has his imp out

though few locks like having their imps out.

Destruction locks will most likely have their imps out.

15+ Year Old Account

The rage can be used to more dps - but besides that I fully agree. Bom will be > bs, since bom stays up, and a proper raid uses 3 paladins for max blessings.

Its the same case with grace (priest disc talent) where blessing of Sanc overshadows it completely.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

4 blessing

might
    kings
    wisdom
    sanc

though it's likely that you'll only want 3 paladins (better overall raid optimization)

The problem is you usually won't be able to buff all 4 blessings with just 3 paladins, if a protection paladin grabs both sanctuary and kings he won't be able to put both kings or sanctuary on himself.
    3 paladins is the optimum number, preferably 1 holy, 1 prot, 1 retribution, and either the holy or ret need to get kings and you could have 1 warrior for battle shout.
    Also the glyph that gives spell damage on might isn't very impressive, only 10% out of 550 untalented, thats 55 SP, at level 80 that isn't much.
    I guess the most popular solution will be to bring just 3 paladins for the 3 other blessings and have 1 warrior for BS.

I don't see the problem with this. If you have a dps warrior in the group just let him do dps don't get him distracted with anyting else, Warriors forget to shout anyway.
    Made up a table just like Pally power in the assuption there are only 3 paladins comming along. Might be 4 as there might be 2 holy paladins.

Class/Blessing -
    Death knight -
    Druid -
    Hunter -
    Mage -
    Paladin -
    Priest -
    Rogue -
    Shaman -
    Warlock -
    Warrior

Tank Pala
    GBoSanc
    GBoSanc
    GBoK
    GBoK
    GboK
    GBoK
    GBoK
    GBoK
    GBoK
    GBoSanc

Retri Pala
    GBoM
    GBoW
    GBoM
    GBoM
    GBoM
    GBoM
    GBoM
    GBoM
    GBoM
    GBoM

Holy Pala
    GBoK
    GBoK
    GBoW
    GBoW
    GBoW
    GBoW
    GBoK
    GBoW
    GBoW
    GBoK

BoSanc is basicly a Tanking blessing only and the Paladin tank can decide if he wants to recast BoSanc on himself or stay with gBoK. Retri paladin must have the Glymp of might.

Nice post,

thats pretty much what we do in our guild now, we have 3 pallys in raid. 1 tank, 1 holy, 1 ret.

Remember, many holy pallies might not spec Kings with the shiney new Sheath of Light...
    Your signature is too big, please read the rules.
    It is not a paladin's quest to tank, to heal, or to dish out the damage.
    Instead, the paladin’s quest is to win, by the light, using any means possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplehaze
    Yeah, it's not very hard keeping shouts up as a warrior. 10 rage every 2 min isn't that much.

If pallys don't do BoM, they can do kings or something else.
    If warrs don't do BS they can to commanding shout.

BoM and BS won't stack anymore.

All in all it would come down to group/raid composition i suppose. Who's got improved this and that.
    I agree to this, for example if you have only 1 paladin, you might want some other blessing than BoM if you have a warrior aswell. 10 rage each 2-3 min aint hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolluis

Class/Blessing -
    Death knight -
    Druid -
    Hunter -
    Mage -
    Paladin -
    Priest -
    Rogue -
    Shaman -
    Warlock -
    Warrior

Tank Pala
    GBoSanc
    GBoSanc
    GBoK
    GBoK
    GboK
    GBoK
    GBoK
    GBoK
    GBoK
    GBoSanc

Retri Pala
    GBoM
    GBoW
    GBoM
    GBoM
    GBoM
    GBoM
    GBoM
    GBoM
    GBoM
    GBoM

Holy Pala
    GBoK
    GBoK
    GBoW
    GBoW
    GBoW
    GBoW
    GBoK
    GBoW
    GBoW
    GBoK

I'm not really sure about the retri build very much, but isn't going for kings viable with them?
    and wouldnt it then be more beneficial for the holy paladin to cast BoW(improved) than the retripala?

EDIT: Infact, why even give the druid Sanc anyway? they cant block so half of the skill is gone so all you're doing is basically giving a glorified stoneskin totem. Wouldn't BoM be way more efficient for them? even for when tanking?

Also on topic slightly, as a warrior its really easy to keep battle shout up, and if you dont then you're pretty much failing. Secondly someone said easlier about wanting to use CS instead of BS?
    Catagorically no need afaik because I think (I say think for lack of wanting to be proven wrong) that BS is raidwide now, and thus with there obviously going to be more than one Warrior present. You can have both.