Unholy Blight videos

Haven't seen much in the way of Unoly Blight documentation. A search on YouTube only brought back a single result, and the video itself didn't really focus on unholy blight at all. There's also not much discussion of it on these boards. Can someone put together a video that highlights this spell? I'd just like to see it in action, get a feel for how useful it is and come to recognize the graphic for it. Much appreciated.

Re: Unholy Blight videos

Quote Originally Posted by zombone
    Haven't seen much in the way of Unoly Blight documentation. A search on YouTube only brought back a single result, and the video itself didn't really focus on unholy blight at all. There's also not much discussion of it on these boards. Can someone put together a video that highlights this spell? I'd just like to see it in action, get a feel for how useful it is and come to recognize the graphic for it. Much appreciated.
    It is dam near impossible to see but hopefully this explains it...

1. it has no "graphic" on the player, so you won't really notice it unless you look for their buffs.
    2. it just shows as a buff on the DK the icon looks like this on a DK
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=18288
    3. When anything gets near the DK within 10y, its a mass of black dots that fly toward the target, its pretty hard to see, and it moves very fast. its motion is like conflag... but with small black dot mass.
    4. If you want to see the damage it can do (for a Lv76 unholy DK) averages/crit etc, you can see that here
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=14293.15

I can make a short video of it but its pretty hard to notice ;/
    (not sure how to slow-motion video so it'll be fast!) unless someone else makes a video r can find one of it.

Here's a video I made of unholy blight.
    http://www.neko-sentai.com/tmpvid/unholyblight.avi
    "Save as" then veiw, if you try to stream it it will "buffer" for awhile (until 5MB is downloaded)
    Divx video 5mb, about 20 second long.
    Discovered a interesting bug in process of making this video also!

u pew pew that wolf! ;D

Awesome, thanks for doing that gulkeeva. Any chance you could get the video up on youtube as well? My pc throws a hissyfit when it comes to divx vids.

As soon as the servers come back up I am all over it.
    I *love* this spell as a tank. It's great for grinding, but it's ABUSIVE as a tank. Just cleared Drak`Theron in under 20 minutes at 75. Skilled pugs FTW (when they happen).

1. It does now have a graphic. It's a cloud of black dots (I suppose it's insects) that fly around the DK when there's nothing in range, cluster around targets when there is. It's subtle, but it's there.
    2. It does show up as a buff, and some ranks of it show as a toggle (i.e. when it's on the button is the generic blue explodey, ala druid forms).
    3. Ditto, much like conflag. The graphic is honestly too subtle for you to "watch for it", i.e. in pvp you're better off looking for the buff on the DK than looking for the graphic.

The damage is hard to pin down. The current build has a few issues with UB. It's supposed to apply Blood Plague but right now doesn't do it consistently (rank 1 always does, other ranks do sometimes). Nailing down UB damage by itself is very tricky since the AoE damage is considered a disease: it *does* proc Crypt Fever and Ebon Plaguebringer. Suffice it to say that it ticks HARD. In Frost Presence I can easily hold aggro for warlock Seed Spam.

I'm really hoping that damage rebalancing for DK's takes the crits down a notch but leaves diseases and UB intact.
    Wow Forum accomplishment: autobanned for using the following phrase:
    My therapist notes my intrapersonal skills suffer from love of the grape.

Ok its on youtube now
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMiH7LsJ7yc
    but.. all you can see is some... blurry mass of black and cna't read the discription of the buff when its in use.

Cool, thanks for uploading that. You're right, the graphic is really, really subtle. Looked like the dmg was ticking for about 460-480, which isn't bad. Won't lie though, I definitely would be delighted to see the devs improve the graphic.

Btw, nice 7k crit there at the end. Scourge Strike, presumably?

It "can" do a lot more if I buff up for it as depicted here

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=14293.15
    (near bottom recount pics)

Yes that last hit is scourge strike, I didn't have really any diseases on the target so it was a low hit.

as for the graphic it looks fine ingame, youtube butchers video quality so it just looks like some black ball, but from the video you can see it as a swarm of insects.. like thing.