Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: DoTs are probably gunna get scaling. Blue Post.

Quote Originally Posted by frott
    This is ridiculous. Are you in beta currently? Priests (all types) get utterly destroyed by basically all classes. Mind flay critting or even getting 100% coefficient is not going to make any difference at all.
    you sure you got the right quote there?

Unless the player uses iceblock, cloak of shadows, bubble, dispels or starts eating.

And i don't really think there's gonna be alot of crits in a pvp scenario due to resilience and low critrating with dot specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Furs
    Unless the player uses iceblock, cloak of shadows, bubble, dispels or starts eating.

And i don't really think there's gonna be alot of crits in a pvp scenario due to resilience and low critrating with dot specs.
    Other then dispel those other things all have rather long cooldowns the HPS on them is undeniably poor.
    so priest or paly which neither of could life tap and drain health back and have a long time between spells when it comes to offense.

Despite my earlier enthusiasm, I think this is mostly a tease, sort of an "Oh Don Piano" moment. They're letting us know that there is news coming, that there are changes on the way, but those changes are far from concrete. I'm just as eager to get my hands on some real information as anybody else, but it's going to be a while before we see any real numbers on this.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    80-100% scaling of all dots etc is not enough ?><
    hmm true , lock should be able to dot a player up and leave him so he can die in peace
    yes, because PvP is every person's concern

oh look, it's resilience gear! go buy some!

Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic
    So we have channeled spells that got crit for scaling reasons here...haste lowers cooldowns wtf should it effect dot instants specifically as well as it does the same thing for direct instant casts that's flawed thinking, crit is what you lose only, which clearly with warlocks topping damage for casters must of sucked so much.
    Ahem, no. Haste affecting GCD was a bandaid. While it did help, it barely made a difference. Trust me, I'm a raiding ex-affliction lock. And, oh yeah, warlocks topped damage for casters by putting up dots! The reason we topped damage end game with spamming and NOT dots was specifically because dots don't benefit half as much from haste as pure spamming does.

Dots don't benefit from haste at all. Haste on global cooldown casts is mostly eaten by lag.

For PVE I would love dots critting...

For PVP Dots Crit = raped by resilience. Basically resilience would work against dots on the crit side and the damage over time side.

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    If mindflay can crit drain life and drain mana should

omg i can see the QQs now
    Surprisingly, no one at Blizzard is so stupid as to think that drain mana should crit.

Quote Originally Posted by postmortum
    For PVP Dots Crit = raped by resilience. Basically resilience would work against dots on the crit side and the damage over time side.
    yeh.. as they're not 'raped by resilience' now

It doesn't even scale with spell damage... (mana drain). Its only use is raping poor shamans that try to pvp.

Well if its going to be anything like.. DK "diseases dot crits" it'll be be the first hit ;/

If its going to be like DK unholy blight though... it defiantly will make warlocks powerful once again O_o

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    It doesn't even scale with spell damage... (mana drain). Its only use is raping poor shamans that try to pvp.
    say what?

the only use i had was keeping a flagcarrier mage at 0 mana so he couldn't blink while my teammates were beating on him

Try using it on shammies when they try to play pole dancing on a pillar, they love it.

Dots wont crit, they were refering to drain life and drain soul being able to crit.

If dots could crit, aff would be the best raiding spec, and the best pvp spec. It would be WAYYY op

I wish dots could crit, but it would just be way to unfair

Quote Originally Posted by rikken
    Dots wont crit, they were refering to drain life and drain soul being able to crit.

If dots could crit, aff would be the best raiding spec, and the best pvp spec. It would be WAYYY op

I wish dots could crit, but it would just be way to unfair

if dots crit im sure the damage coefs would be lowered greatly

Dot's do some pretty shitty dmg atm why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Killaken
    Dot's do some pretty shitty dmg atm why is that?
    When the pre-TBC patch hit lock dots were scaling WAY too high... at 60 they were ticking for 500-600 a tick (at least on my lock) so they were scaled down

Now dots suffer from scaling issues due mostly to gear with haste and crit but also due to how end game raid dps works with debuffs and buffs along with haste and crit.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=4&sid=2000#63

There will be a new talent in Affliction in an upcoming build.

Keywords: "DoT" and "Crit" (Well, sorta)

[ Post edited by Koraa ]
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    full venge warr , 400 resi , anything else to say ?
    yes, because you should know, in that gear, DoTs don't harm you a lot

myself, i have a 381 resilience merciless warrior, and honestly, DoTs don't harm me as bad as you make them out to be, so either you're just lying because you hate warlocks, or you don't have that so called "full vengeful warrior"