Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WOTLK - Warlocks, viable PvPers?

I just wanted to hear about everyones view/concerns/opinions/ideas on warlock pvp in wotlk.
    Do you think they will be able to compete in high level brackets of arena? if so why or why not?
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Re: WOTLK - Warlocks, viable PvPers?

Dunno, probably yes. I have some concerns for 5v5 teams composed of 5 moonkins (spell power unification) but aside from that, doesn't look to bad.

anyways blizz are (eating chrimp) or working on the classes right now:P
    so cant realy say for shure yet i gues.
    im not addicted, i yust have to log on >_< :P

OH!!! gues wot, not all are from a english talking nor writing country! LIVE WIHT IT!!!

As it stands in beta, Melee is pretty much king of the hill. We're real squishy and our damage doesn't seem to scale as well as melee classes just yet. Crossing my fingers that we'll get some nifty new mechanics in the next build though, can't wait to see what they've got in store for us.

yea i guess its to early to tell, i love my warlock i really do but getting roflstomped by warriors and rogues is just boring and i love pvp.. i might just /reroll rogue

Quote Originally Posted by PewZ007
    yea i guess its to early to tell, i love my warlock i really do but getting roflstomped by warriors and rogues is just boring and i love pvp.. i might just /reroll rogue
    yet kill everything else..?

No, shamans put up a fight and mages now are roflstomping locks as well. So far, the only thing locks prey on is DK ironically.

well im kinda tired of the warlock(caster in general) gameplay dot dot dot drain drain mixed with some fears dc and spell lock. im looking for something different (melee class!) and rogue comes to mind obviously!

warlocks definitly going to be viable. Especially with the demonic circle spell.
    SL/Chaos bolt is gonna be the new pwnage spec

15+ Year Old Account

well chaosbolt doesn´t hit palas through bubble and mages through iceblock aswell, so wtf

i bet on metamorphosis combined with an intelligent use of demonic circle, just to survive the meleeburst
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora
    warlocks definitly going to be viable. Especially with the demonic circle spell.
    SL/Chaos bolt is gonna be the new pwnage spec

gl getting those cast off, destr will still suffer from the problems that mages and destr locks suffer from on live. LoS, interrupts, and while nether prot looks good for anti caster beyond just locks/spriest/and firemages it now doesnt make you immune... which was way more OP imo since you couldnt be feared

Repeat after me Chaos Bolt is shit and our version of Blink (that is actually inferior to the Mage one) is definitely not enough to make you wet your pants.

I have no doubt that if things remain as is cloth tanking,Mana draining and CC will remain our primary jobs.

Now when it comes on if this job is really suited for us to perform, or if we will be more viable than before, i afraid i can't answer that with certainty, after our "love build" comes it will show.

Btw, if blizzard thinks that channelling spells need buffs only offensively then she is mistaken... The cost and chance of getting locked Magic schools against melee is amazingly high and needs to be addressed ... That or give every caster a disarm ability to compensate the lock downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheed1901
    As it stands in beta, Melee is pretty much king of the hill. We're real squishy and our damage doesn't seem to scale as well as melee classes just yet. Crossing my fingers that we'll get some nifty new mechanics in the next build though, can't wait to see what they've got in store for us.
    Melee is king of the hill in BC PVP, also...

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken
    Repeat after me Chaos Bolt is shit and our version of Blink (that is actually inferior to the Mage one) is definitely not enough to make you wet your pants.

I have no doubt that if things remain as is cloth tanking,Mana draining and CC will remain our primary jobs.

Now when it comes on if this job is really suited for us to perform, or if we will be more viable than before, i afraid i can't answer that with certainty, after our "love build" comes it will show.

Btw, if blizzard thinks that channelling spells need buffs only offensively then she is mistaken... The cost and chance of getting locked Magic schools against melee is amazingly high and needs to be addressed ... That or give every caster a disarm ability to compensate the lock downs.

with the new spell pushback mechanics fel concentration needs a change

something like % chance to avoid interruption or silence while channeling drain life/mana

@Mayhem

If indeed you are blessed by having a 2-3 secs time window i strongly suggest casting Soulfire since it blows Chaos Bolt out of the sky (damage wise and while not counting the utility factor atm).

Judging by the complete retools and swarms of buffs for the already insane physical classes, I'd just pray the pendulum swings back the casters way before too long.

Just FYI: on beta at the moment, due to Intellect gear eating itemization points, the average melee has 20k HP in PvP gear and the average Warlock has about 15k.

Is it me or do I still hear people crying for more lock nerfs?

locks are fine l2p.

They question was: Warlock, viable PvPers? not Warlock, viable for Arenas... So in bg and worlganking destro is the spec to go

warlock still dominated casters