Ive figured out how to save alchemy since Potions are getting nerfed.

Allow us to make dye, for customizing armor.

Ta-da! problem solved.

Re: Ive figured out how to save alchemy since Potions are getting nerfed.

'Twould be wicked. I likes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinglamia
    Also another reason being a female is awesome. No epeens Ah not to be controlled by my own genitalia! :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    This is a good point... do you have e-bajango or e-boobie competitions in the same way?

I like that word... e-bajango

Then how will they keep reskinning all of their drops? You aren't suggesting several billion dollars a year is enough to design new crappy, low resolution armor, are you!?

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    Then how will they keep reskinning all of their drops? You aren't suggesting several billion dollars a year is enough to design new crappy, low resolution armor, are you!?
    by god, your right! What was i thinking?

Sorry Merin, the graphics design guys are busy designing zones, other npc models, and generally just a lot of things more important than gear.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Pish posh. Just have it so you can only customize certain gears, like tier stuff and arena sets. Then they can keep on recoloring everything else to their hearts content.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinglamia
    Also another reason being a female is awesome. No epeens Ah not to be controlled by my own genitalia! :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    This is a good point... do you have e-bajango or e-boobie competitions in the same way?

I like that word... e-bajango

idk lol. i do like how some of my gear looks. i would wrath not have to change that in order to get a buff.

Make the ability to put icons on your gear. Similar to how you design a tabard.

15+ Year Old Account

and soon everyone runs around in totally freaking evil blackness, bye colored world, welcome emos
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    and soon everyone runs around in totally freaking evil blackness, bye colored world, welcome emos
    easier to spot to kill on sight.

Maybe, but it worked out pretty well in DaoC. It WOULD add some very much needed diversity in the game.

15+ Year Old Account

i will be an all green warlock
    and my dk will be colored in pink, warth of the pinkness his title shall be
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

It would help making rogue armor less, clownish.

I don't see it happening in the near future though.
    UO used to have it, same for hair dye.

It'll be easier to spot the girls among the boys though.

15+ Year Old Account

Alchemy already got two good things, Mad Alchemist potions and the passive skill that improves the effects from potions you can make (this is so you can't just take Alchemy at lowest level and get bonus from max skill flasks :P)

Blizzard stated a while back that they weren't going to introduce dyes for technical reasons (something about getting the colors right). I assume those reasons have not changed, especially since many similarly-skinned items can only be distinguished by color.

I think that if Blizz (re)introduces more endgame weapon alchy buffs like Shadow Oil/Frost Oil and puts them under Potion Mastery, we may see a resurgence in its popularity come Wrath.

Your thoughts?

Was shadow oil or frost oil EVER an end game buff? The sharpening stones and weightstones were always superior for melee dps, and the ZG oils were always (hell even in tbc) the cream of the crop for casters.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Sharpening stones are made by blacksmiths, and oils are made by enchanters. However I don't think alchemists will have a hard time in wotlk. Okay, ppl will need less pots when learning fights, but they will still use two elixirs, or perhaps flasks. And one pot every try

The alch trinket will be useless, with the new passive buff, but who knows - it's too early to know anything about this for sure. It might just as well be some new trinket or craftable item that we are not aware of yet. Without the +40% effect, but perhaps with something else. Like +all stats (like the old ones), or something completely new. Who knows.

And our herbs will be needed for inscription. (most alchs are herbalists)

I have herb/alch on my druid (resto since pre-tbc, but feral while leveling) and atm Mad Alchemist Potion is THE SHIT! Very easy-to-get ingredients (only 2 * ragveil) and works like a charm.

And alchemists can transmute too. I transmute earth->life every day, making at least 15g in 8 seconds with current AH prices on my server.

Guess I'm trying to say, I like alchemy

Alchy is fine - but Potion Mastery isn't when compared to the other Masteries.

Enchanting does get weapon oils, but who isn't to say that Alchy weapon coatings can't compete? They aren't similar weapon buffs.

Even better would be if the same coatings were used in other, non LW crafting recipes...but it looks like Blizz gave up on that idea.

Was shadow oil or frost oil EVER an end game buff? The sharpening stones and weightstones were always superior for melee dps, and the ZG oils were always (hell even in tbc) the cream of the crop for casters.
    Frost/Shadow Oils aren't engame, no. I meant that Blizz should make such items available for endgame use.