Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Intended DPS for all classes

With basicially about every DPS talent tree being able to be viable in Wotlk, as it now seems, Blizzard should have, and probably already have had for a long time, some kind of plan for how much each class should contribue in terms of DPS in a raid enviroment.

As it looks now, in beta, regarding the talents and new spells and moving the buffs and utility all around I'll make an attempt of recreating blizzard proposed internal plan where 100% represents the maximum DPS a class could achieve and 0% represents 0 DPS (often where the healers should be).

For clarification, this list shows how much DPS a class/spec SHOULD do, taking into account the raid ulitiy they offer.

90-100%
    Fire Mages
    Destruction Warlocks
    Combat Rogues
    Marksman Hunters
    Arcane Mages
    Fury Warriors
    Arms Warriors

80-90%
    Demonology Warlocks
    Beastmastery Hunters
    Affliction Warlocks
    Assasination Rogues
    Frost Mages
    Survival Hunter
    Subtetly Rogue
    Feral Druid

70-80%
    Retribution Paladin
    Shadow Priest
    Balance Druid
    Enhancement Shaman
    Elemental Shaman

Tanks should be in like 10-25% scale depeninding on class. Those at the top bring the least buffs, and those at the bottom bring the most raidbuffs. Is this where you think all specs should be?

Re: Intended DPS for all classes

looks more like combat is going down on that list with the recent patch.

MM hunters have more raid utility/buffage than BM hunters, I'd say. Trueshot Aura when glyphed is quite a big buff.

I think ele shaman will be a lil higher than u say.

It`s impossible to get list like this right yet when even blizzard propably don`t know who will be standing and where. Also few specs are really messed up spots there like bm and mm hunter. Also enh shaman will be pretty high with current mechanics even tho they bring shitloads of buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungeir
    MM hunters have more raid utility/buffage than BM hunters, I'd say. Trueshot Aura when glyphed is quite a big buff.
    But that trueshot aura only applies to DPS with attack power. BM buffs all DPS classes with 3% more damage (not just attacked based on attack power and white hits).

I would expect all those in your 70-80% bracket to be in the 80-90% as most of their buffs can be gained elsewhere. I would also expect to see the tanks slightly higher now
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    It`s impossible to get list like this right yet when even blizzard propably don`t know who will be standing and where. Also few specs are really messed up spots there like bm and mm hunter. Also enh shaman will be pretty high with current mechanics even tho they bring shitloads of buffs.
    This list reflects where the classes SHOULD be and hopefully will be. Not where they will be if beta go live now. A class that brings alot of buffs (enhancement shaman) shoudn't do the same personal dps as a fire mage or a beastmastery hunter for example.

Yeah i understand that but i doubt even blizzard have too clear picture where they want everyone to be atm.

What do enhancement Shamans bring other than the Melee haste that you can't get from elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Yeah i understand that but i doubt even blizzard have too clear picture where they want everyone to be atm.
    Yeah, I suppose so too, but I hope you are wrong and that Blizzard make up their minds soon.

totaly agree with you b1t, good job

Quote Originally Posted by Nuronv
    What do enhancement Shamans bring other than the Melee haste that you can't get from elsewhere?
    They bring four (three really) totem buffs, Blood Lust, 10% AP buff, Storm strike debuff and probably something more. Alot of classes has buffs now that other have too, but that doesnt mean all classes should do the same DPS, hence this list.

May I ask what superior buffs does SP bring compared to Surv Hunter or Balance Druid? Is it shadow weaving, that affects only SP himself, misery, that does +3% to hit to the group, or VT regen, that is on par with retadin/(surv?) hunter's? (don't know, how it compares to frost mages mana regen from elementals) Thanks.

And does it mean, that if you don't risk running oom, you shouldn't bring a SP with you, since the only "benefit" he'll bring, will be less dps?

I'd want to move the MM hunters down one step and have no hunter on top shelf. They bring too much to the raid (MD, buffs, CC etc) and have less weaknesses than the others. Otherwise it's quite ok, with reservation for eventual class changes.
    EU forum is ignored.
    Game balance is not ok.
    Blue posters contradict themselves.
    Blizzards attitude towards us players sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by kartu3
    May I ask what superior buffs does SP bring compared to Surv Hunter? Thanks.
    I didn't think of it at first but they bring Healing battery as well as mana battery

Quote Originally Posted by Nuronv
    I didn't think of it at first but they bring Healing battery as well as mana battery
    It's unknown whether VE will stay as is atm, not to mention it's benefits are VERY situational.
    SP is as "mana baterric" as retadin and surv hunt atm, they all apply the same buff. And dont' forget, that frost mage's water elems also regen mana.

Quote Originally Posted by b1t
    With basicially about every DPS talent tree being able to be viable in Wotlk, as it now seems, Blizzard should have, and probably already have had for a long time, some kind of plan for how much each class should contribue in terms of DPS in a raid enviroment.

As it looks now, in beta, regarding the talents and new spells and moving the buffs and utility all around I'll make an attempt of recreating blizzard proposed internal plan where 100% represents the maximum DPS a class could achieve and 0% represents 0 DPS (often where the healers should be).

For clarification, this list shows how much DPS a class/spec SHOULD do, taking into account the raid ulitiy they offer.

90-100%
    Fire Mages
    Destruction Warlocks
    Combat Rogues
    Marksman Hunters
    Arcane Mages
    Fury Warriors
    Arms Warriors

80-90%
    Demonology Warlocks
    Beastmastery Hunters
    Affliction Warlocks
    Assasination Rogues
    Frost Mages
    Survival Hunter
    Subtetly Rogue
    Feral Druid

70-80%
    Retribution Paladin
    Shadow Priest
    Balance Druid
    Enhancement Shaman
    Elemental Shaman

Tanks should be in like 5-15% scale. Those at the top bring the least buffs, and those at the bottom bring the most raidbuffs. Is this where you think all specs should be?
    What about this?

95-100%
    All damage specced classes

The only reason for raidwide support is that you don't overstack a specific class, now that every class does have some raidwide support (pretty much the same for everyone) you can balance the classes upon the fact that there are all buffs and debuffs anyway, so there's no reason for them having different DPS.

They also bring the 3% hit buff but that can be got elsewhere, but i would agree they should be about the same there is very little between a lot of the classes now

Quote Originally Posted by kartu3
    May I ask what superior buffs does SP bring compared to Surv Hunter or Balance Druid? Is it shadow weaving, that affects only SP himself, misery, that does +3% to hit to the group, or VT regen, that is on par with retadin/(surv?) hunter's? (don't know, how it compares to frost mages mana regen from elementals) Thanks.

And does it mean, that if you don't risk running oom, you shouldn't bring a SP with you, since the only "benefit" he'll bring, will be less dps?
    As far as I know the Survival Hunter only brings Mana Regen on top of his class abilities (MD, Mark, Trap etc).
    On top of Mana Regen, the SP brings, Spell Hit for raid, passive AoE healing and Fortitude buff.