Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Re: New Druid specs for expansion

why u skill Imp Mdw in the cat dps spec?

wow where to start with how bad that cat dps spec is.

1. Imp mark of the wild is a waste
    2. No Survival of the fittest "I mean 2 points in sotf is 4% to stats while 2 in imp motw is just 4 to stats
    3. Feral charge works in cat form now, don't underestimate the dps gain by getting back to a boss really fast.
    4. With the improvements to Bite some people are suggesting that might be the best finnisher now, so you may want Feral Aggression in the future.

Take the 2 points out of imp mark and Imp mangle isn't really needed either.

there are threads about specs for each tree. what makes u so special and unique that allows you to ignore them and make brand new topic for urself?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev0
    wow where to start with how bad that cat dps spec is.

1. Imp mark of the wild is a waste
    2. No Survival of the fittest "I mean 2 points in sotf is 4% to stats while 2 in imp motw is just 4 to stats
    3. Feral charge works in cat form now, don't underestimate the dps gain by getting back to a boss really fast.
    4. With the improvements to Bite some people are suggesting that might be the best finnisher now, so you may want Feral Aggression in the future.

Take the 2 points out of imp mark and Imp mangle isn't really needed either.
    totally agree..

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...00000000000000
    much better overall healing spec for arenas and single target healing

Ok, first of all, are these specs for raiding or what? If that's the case, your Balance specc needs some tweaking.

No Omen of Clarity? A free spell once in a while (have they changed the Cooldown btw?) is not bad at all. If the cooldown still is 2 minutes it might not be a very good idea since there are funnier/stronger talents to pick

In my Opinion Nature's Splendor is good for a raid specc, three more seconds on your DoTs give you either 1 more starfire or 2 more wrath thus making your DPS higher. Perhaps even more mana efficient, I don't know, not a theory crafter.

You have not put a single point in Dreamstate = Epic fail in my opinion. Have you ever tried doing a fight longer than 5 minutes without DS? You'll run oom faster than Usain Bolt can run 100m. The situation will be even worse in wotlk due to the 1pot per fight rule. We'll have to wait until we know how the mana batteries are turning out in wotlk.

Typhoon and Force of Nature are imo PvP abilities = next to worthless in a PvE situation (those damn trees always break CC)

Why picking up Gale Winds? If you wanna AoE efficiently get a mage to do it for you (look I didnt say reroll). Talking about 25-man raids here. Might be good for AoE grinding.

Starfall is a PvP AoE aswell = not worth picking up for raid.

in Tier 9 (of the tree) I would just spend any points that I would get left over (probably none) in Eclipse.

That was my 2 Cents about moonkin!

I once drank a lava lamp.... It wasn't lava

WOW, this seems to be a compilation of how not to spec.......

Neither of these 4 specs will be used in this form by anyone above 5man level......

Moonkin: Points in Gale Winds and Typhoon and no points in Nature's Splendor, Dreamstate and OoC? FAIL.

Cat: ImpMotW? i mean wtf? No Charge, no SotF, no Feral Agression? (ok, last one we'll have to see)

Bear: OMG.... Did you EVER tank as a bear? So many talents missing....Feral Instinct, Savage Fury, Primal Precision.... threat anyone?

Resto: In it's current state far inferior to Natual Perfection and Nature's Grace. And who uses Tranq regulary? Although it's buffed it is still only situational.

So all in all none of these specs is viable.

Restoration Spec is -almost- as how I would make it. However, I would drop the points in Improved Tranquility and get Improved Regrowth to 4/5 to get 3/3 Natural Perfection. Damage Reduction + 3% Crit Chance on all your spells is better. Tranquility, or channeling, contradicts the way HoT Druids heal, so you won't need a 60% cooldown reduction on it either.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...50043135331351

Atleast you recognized that Restoration Druids do not need Nature's Grace.

Balance Spec is a bit ... off.

Once again, atleast you recognize that the lower tiers of the Restoration Tree or something you shouldn't ignore. 10% Bonus Intellect from Furor, Clearcasting on spells from Omen of Clarity, Improved Mark of the Wild, 4% Bonus spelldamage and the optional possibility to gain a in combat mana regeneration based on spirit mechanic are to good to skip, so why you did not pick Omen of Clarity over a 'useless' utility skill as Force of Nature is beyond me.

However.. the problem with the Balance Tree currently, in my opinion, is that it's a tad too bloated. No matter what else you pick, you always seem three points short, points you either would have put in more utility (Gale Winds, Force of Nature), more DPS (Improved Insect Swarm, Eclipse) or Improved Fearie Fire. It's a hard pick and depends on what your goal eventually will be.

Looking (and hoping) at Shadow Priests getting more and better utility/or DPS then they currently have for raids, I would exclude Improved Fearie Fire, which is a raiding talent anyhow. Leaving Insect Swarm or more utility ... for raiding I would pick Improved Insect Swarm, for outside raids I would pick the utility spells.
    (Btw, you pick Improved Insect Swarm but choose not the increase its duration by 30% ? Having 3 extra seconds is either a bonus Starfire or two bonus Wrath spells in rotations)

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

(Picked Dreamstate over Intensity, this depends on endgame itemization)

Quote Originally Posted by Murre
    Starfall is a PvP AoE aswell = not worth picking up for raid.
    Hah, we almost point out the exact same points.

But Starfall has not seen proper 'PvE' testing yet, since its other ranks aren't implented yet. So hold your breath! And the possibility to be another AoE slot is something you can't lightly ignore.

Other then that, I mostly agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    Atleast you recognized that Restoration Druids do not need Nature's Grace.
    Because Druids have not two casts which will be used a lot with cast time? Namely regrowth in combination with its high crit chance and Living Seed as well as the glyph which gives extra heal at refreshes and Nourish which is plain great in its current state? Or maybe because due to talents like Nature's Splendor, Gift of the Earthmother and the Lifebloom glyph druids will have A LOT of time to cast in between refreshing hots?

Think again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrim
    Because Druids have not two casts which will be used a lot with cast time? Namely regrowth in combination with its high crit chance and Living Seed as well as the glyph which gives extra heal at refreshes and Nourish which is plain great in its current state? Or maybe because due to talents like Nature's Splendor, Gift of the Earthmother and the Lifebloom glyph druids will have A LOT of time to cast in between refreshing hots?

Think again.
    Is a 0.5 second reduction on a 1.5/2.0 second spell better then losing either 1% crit on all your spells or 10% bonus crit effect from Regrowth ? Is it worth losing 34% chance on popping a Living Seed on a critted spell, which will crit less if you cut into talents that make spells crit ? Is it worth losing 5% bonus healing while in Tree of Life form ?
    Is it worth losing 0.1 second global cooldown or making Replenish even less effective ?

Think again.

Deleted

Balance Spec:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...35213005011051

First of all... seems we get a nice glyph combo for PvE:
    - Starfire adds 3sec to the moonfire ticks, so an additional tick. Hope this means if we keep casting Starfire, it gives +3sec every time and thus never have to recast Moonfire.
    - Moonfire first shot 90% less damage, ticks do 75% more.
    These 2 seem to make a nice combo raid wise, if it works like this. Rest of the (probably) major glyphs useful for us anyway.

Genesis: Have to see how useful this is and how mana regen is gonna be... else this might be better spend in Moonglow. If the glyph-combo from above works, this is some nice addition to it. Also with the Imp Insect Swarm it isnt that useless, since you want to keep DoTs up anyway.

Nature's Splendor: Especialy with the new Insect Swarm, you want to use the debuff on it as much as possible. Having 1 (perhaps even 2, with procs / haste) extra Starfire per rotation is just a very nice increase in dps.

Celastial Focus: It got changed a bit and i noticed this late... but it now adds 3% haste for you! And with the 3% you get from Imp Moonkin Aura, this brings you to a nice 6%. Not sure, but this should bring your Starfires to about a 2.9sec cast. This is the first talent to skip though if you need to take Imp Faerie Fire. But seeing most raids will keep a Shadow Priest in their raids anyway (in 25-mans at least), you can save 3 points here and put them for your 3% haste.

Typhoon / Force of Nature / Starfall: Mostly just for fun from my side, hardly adds anything. Probably some spells will be useful in a couple of fights or trash clears, thats it.

Is a 0.5 second reduction on a 1.5/2.0 second spell better then losing either 1% crit on all your spells or 10% bonus crit effect from Regrowth ? Is it worth losing 34% chance on popping a Living Seed on a critted spell, which will crit less if you cut into talents that make spells crit ? Is it worth losing 5% bonus healing while in Tree of Life form ?
    Is it worth losing 0.1 second global cooldown or making Replenish even less effective ?

Think again.

Living seed

When you gain a critical effect from your Swiftmend, Regrowth, Nourish or Healing Touch spell you have a 100% chance to plant a Living Seed on the target for 30% of the amount healed. The Living Seed will bloom when the target is next attacked. Lasts 15 sec
    now... so with no cooldown.... that means if my regrowth crits 60% of the time for 7k.. then ill be healing for 3k with the seed ,wich has no internal cooldown... plus
    nature,s grace....
    All spell criticals grace you with a blessing of nature, reducing the casting time of your next spell by 0.5 sec.
    so its now totally spamable....
    plus if ya got the 65 less mana trinket for regrowth from SSC then its defenalty spammable...
    with all that and some lifeblooms thrown in when spamming is not needed...
    not to mention swift mend....
    or natures swiftness... 2 druids could duo heal a tank on a 80 raid boss?
    is that not insane?
    and am i missing something?
    copied from joshzoladznow

now regrowth doesnt crit for that much but u get the general idea of the spec modifying a few points into replensih from gift of the earth mother and living spirit makes it an amazing MT healer class along with burst heals when needed in arena's

Quote Originally Posted by cowform
    Living seed

When you gain a critical effect from your Swiftmend, Regrowth, Nourish or Healing Touch spell you have a 100% chance to plant a Living Seed on the target for 30% of the amount healed. The Living Seed will bloom when the target is next attacked. Lasts 15 sec
    now... so with no cooldown.... that means if my regrowth crits 60% of the time for 7k.. then ill be healing for 3k with the seed ,wich has no internal cooldown...
    1) Regrowth has a large fluctuation number. One time the impact heals for just under 2000, the other time it will heal over 3000 and this reflect itself immensely in Regrowth crits.
    2) You wish to spam one spell to gain a similar mechanic/effect that one of our other spells already provides, namely Lifebloom ?

plus
    nature,s grace....
    All spell criticals grace you with a blessing of nature, reducing the casting time of your next spell by 0.5 sec.
    so its now totally spamable....
    plus if ya got the 65 less mana trinket for regrowth from SSC then its defenalty spammable...
    Sure, casting time wise you can pull this off. However I would fear for your mana pool and your mana regeneration. Regrowth, even with 3/3 Moonglow, is still a whopping 10% (or 19% without Moonglow) base mana more expensive then Lifebloom.

Plus, this mechanic will require a certain 'luck' factor to be pulled off.

with all that and some lifeblooms thrown in when spamming is not needed...
    not to mention swift mend....
    or natures swiftness... 2 druids could duo heal a tank on a 80 raid boss?
    'Some Lifeblooms' ? 'A tank' ?

The power of a HoT Druid healer lies in numbers. With Lifebloom being a 7 second spell, factoring in 1.5 second global cooldown, you have 7 : 1.5 = 4 spell casts currently in rotations, namely keeping up Lifebloom (3) on your main target or targets. This means 4 targets. If you wish to use Rejuvenation or a Regrowth in between it drops to 3 targets you can be healing at the same time.

Now factoring in Gift of The Earthmother (1.5 second per cast becomes 1.0 second per cast), Nature's Splendor (30% of 7 = roughly 2.1, making Lifebloom 9.1 seconds) and the Glyph which adds another second to the Lifebloom duration. 10 : 1 = 10 targets you can be healing at the same time. Factor in the use of Regrowth and Nourish you drop to (10 - 1.5/2 = 8.5/8, so lets say 8 ) 8 targets. Ofcourse this number keeps dropping per spell you wish to use that consumes more then 'one spellcast'. (Basically put - spells with a casting time)

This combined with the option to drop down to 'just' 3 targets you can heal in combination with casting time spells. (3 tanks much ? )

Of the 10 spellcasts in a rotation you got (10 second Lifebloom) you will be spending only 3 of them on maintaining the Lifebloom (3). Now you have a whole bonus 7 seconds which you can use for 'emergency' healing on the focus target, which allows both the use of Regrowth and Nourish.

This combined in raids with various other healers with Flash Healing effects makes for the superb healing we currently are seeing, Living Seed is a nice additive bonus.
    Nothing more, nothing less, just like Replenish.

is that not insane?
    and am i missing something?
    copied from joshzoladznow

now regrowth doesnt crit for that much but u get the general idea of the spec modifying a few points into replensih from gift of the earth mother and living spirit makes it an amazing MT healer class along with burst heals when needed in arena's
    Indeed, it can get quite insane on paper. Ofcourse we all will have to see how it eventually turns out, but I'm starting to love it more and more when I look at the possibilities I'm being granted.

I admire the desire to be a different healer besides a Lifebloom spambot, but in my honest opinion of all the theorycrafting I read on this subject it just feels to me like people are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Hi treedruid.

15+ Year Old Account

I would still rather put 1 point in reducing the tranquility CD than in empowered touch. I really think AoE dmg is the new trend and being able to use tranq twice in an encoutner will probably be more useful. Also, with the ToL aura no longer taking spirit into the equation, living spirit does not really need to be maxed out IMO, so I may take a point from that to max out the reduced tranq talent.

You can do that. It's a leftover point. Also can take out 1 point from Seed talent...

Edit: I've been playing around with the current talents, and assuming they don't nerf Balance/Resto, there will actually be *gasp* differences with how different resto druids will heal! One could be a rejuv spammer for the nice proc, one could spam HT, etc... many options now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilt
    I would still rather put 1 point in reducing the tranquility CD than in empowered touch. I really think AoE dmg is the new trend and being able to use tranq twice in an encoutner will probably be more useful. Also, with the ToL aura no longer taking spirit into the equation, living spirit does not really need to be maxed out IMO, so I may take a point from that to max out the reduced tranq talent.
    Your Spirit is linked to Intensity. Might want to reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by ragga
    Much better for kitty dps:

I can imagine 1Rip->4-5FB dps rotations.

Dropping Primal precision isn't a big issue, the energy refunding is nice, but the 10 expertise @ 80 is nothing. With FB being so hot as they say it will be, i'd rather go with 15% larger FBs then 10expertise & energy refunding.

edit: mana=energy:P
    whatttttt? you're doing DPS... how often do you need feral instinct while raiding? take those points out and put them directly into primal precision... huge increase in damage right there...

on the same note... you don't really need feral charge when DPS'ing either so thats a point you can put in improved mangle, as well as one more from feral swiftness (its very rare when you need to be running 30% faster than a mob.. 15% should be adequate) and the last from the 3 you took from feral instinct. remember, you want to do damage, not stealth and run around...

should look something like this for kitty DPS

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    Your Spirit is linked to Intensity. Might want to reconsider.
    Mana regen is really not a problem, and I always have an innervate if needed, I think being able to reduce the CD on tranquility will end up being better than 5% more spirit.

I have over 600 spirit now, using 600 spi 15% is 90 extra 10% would be 60

That is 30 spirit to MP5 and then only taking 30% of that number.

The math (or lack therof may be wrong above) but I think the talent point will still be better spent with tranq.