Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shaman changes, Blue posts, Tournament

What I really can't get is why they did not fix resto druids in TBC. Blizzard said they added a new spell in LK so that they could tone done Life Bloom.
    Yeah cool. But what about Regrowth or Healing Touch? Why not buff those? Yes, Healing Touch has a long cast time (Oh noez! I haz to stand still to cast! Oh noez!), but why not tweak a talent to grant a lower cast time?
    Currently on the beta the regrowth talents are so good that no one uses nourish.

And there's a glyph to lower the HT cast time.

Check those arena teams, more than 50% consists of warrior/druid/warlock.

That says enough about class balance...

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Check those arena teams, more than 50% consists of warrior/druid/warlock.

That says enough about class balance...
    at the very top teir of play one strategy will always dominate, it's an issue, but not a big problem.

flammable

It depresses me to see that they want to make the game completely casual. Raid content is what made this game into what it is, please don't destroy it. Reward the people who want to put the time into the game.

What a crap title. Why call it Shaman changes and there are only 2 update? I thought we had gotten our overhaul...

Quote Originally Posted by Maenetus
    at the very top teir of play one strategy will always dominate, it's an issue, but not a big problem.
    It is. Unless you are a warrior, druid or warlock.

It is. Unless you are a warrior, druid or warlock.
    If you really want to compete at the top levels, you reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by flammable
    It depresses me to see that they want to make the game completely casual. Raid content is what made this game into what it is, please don't destroy it. Reward the people who want to put the time into the game.
    wut?

Had to take a second look at that troll picture

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100
    What a crap title. Why call it Shaman changes and there are only 2 update? I thought we had gotten our overhaul...
    exactly! i saw "shaman changes" and i was like "WHOA, finally some stuff for us, too! they fixed all the NYI talents, they also gave us new ranks of half of our abilities!!!" and then i saw "MSW doesnt reset swingtimer" - mostly bugfix, "all enha old gear was reworked str > ap" well, its just fix, too, no interensting changes :/

So blizzard has no clue how to design a class, because they ask the community?

Then i think no major company has a clue how to build the product the produce.
    Take a car company for example: BMW has absolutely NO idea how to build a propper car. - And you know why? Because they ask their customers what the liked and what they disliked in the last model. Of course they ask what the customers miss at the moment and what they want to be improved. So, from your point of view, BMW could not build a car. They have no idea how to do so.
    Bit strange that they are one of the most luxurious and favored car-companys in the world.

For any reasonable man, a company that collects information about what the customer likes and what he dislikes, is just doing a good job. Because with their next product, they will fit the needs a bit better.

And the fact that blizz - or any other company - doesn't immediately answer on to the feedback they get is very simple:
    They hear something, then they think about it, discuss it in their workgroup. And if they think it is a good idea, they implement it - and announce that in the next patchnotes (or if you look at a other company they announce it on the next product release).
    Nothing in this policy is extravagant. - Normal business.

And also one of the guys before me mentioned a very obvios fact, why they sometimes do mistakes.
    In the beginning a new feature sounds well most times. But you have a developer team of about 100 people designing a feature - then you give it to the customers and they check it - and in the case of WoW, try to push the new features to the limit. And then a community of ~10million people find a trick, the developers haven't seen before. That is simple logic. 20million eyes see more than 200.
    Sometimes finding these mistakes take longer, sometimes it goes realy fast.
    Look for the Leatherworking Drums for example. They have always been realy "imba". - But no one knowed about their "imbaness", because no one has tried to push their utility to the limit. - But with the months passing, instance after instance comming, someone noticed and from one day to another every member of a major guild specced leatherworking. So blizzard was dump because they haven't seen that leatherworking was imba? - 10million people haven't recognized that for about a year - but 100 should? This is ridiculous.

just my 2 cents

I understand why they changed Str to AP. They didn't want to change the item level, so they did the easy thing. I got the 4 piece T6 set and never noticed how few red slot and how many yellow slots they have. Do Blizzard really thing we need to gem for crit in every slot? 90% of shaman gem for AP (with str gems), shouldn't that tell blizzard we need more red slots not just yellow.

And stop being lazy blizzard and at least change the socket bonus to AP or better yet change the gems to all red and make the socket bonus to crit. You know we don't need str so str for socket bonus is waste. If since person at blizzard played this spec they would have noticed this immediately.

blizz tends to mis-match sockets on purpose. It makes for more interesting choices

in that case, it doesnt, it is old pre 3,0 socket bonus, it should be changed along with str>ap change, also ppl arent complaining about not getting that bonus, but about getting lackluster bonus compared to other classes

what the hell?

since when does against all authority have a wow pvp team?
    anyone knows they're website? info?

Blizzard learns from their mistakes, that is for certain. But some things aren't changed as quick as most people would...People tend to forget that there is a bigger plan spanning over a few expansions instead of patches.
    Things Blizzard and we aren't happy about are sometimes fixed through patches, but issues that cannot be fixed with a patch need to wait until an expansion.

I can understand that you are a bit sceptic about Blizzard and their changes, because some things aren't changed for the better. But don't interpret this as something they do to f.ck us, but rather as something they tried and perhaps failed.

I think Wrath of the LIch King will change WoW completly, and for the better. You cannot compare the results of TBC with the results that wotlk will yield, because now they have a lot more feedback and knowledge about things should be!

Some people laugh with the fact that they are asking Paladins! it's possible that this way of working is doomed to fail, but it can show some things we didn't notice before.

I realized in the last few blues that Blizzard is working on a grander scale than I expected. They really want to change classes, they are pursuing dreams that are amazing. But they realized it requires a lot of errors, feedback, trial... in order to achieve what they want.

They learned a lot from TBC and never forget that things in beta are ALWAYS subject to change, and if you don't approve anything try to read the oppions of others first and afterwards you can complain or maybe see that some ideas aren't as bad as you thought!

Truth is perception and exists out of multiple parts!

above poster:

well said, but imo you are abit optimistic

there are issues, which are adressed even from preBC times and still not fixed, which makes me think, why? if they tried and failed... well, it that time, they should have it done several times already, if its technically not possible, then they should just say so

Hmm, I'd say the shaman changes on the items are not the first ones to be done, I think we'll have (hopefully) changes to the warlock T6-gear with the new fel-armor and spirit changes. So hopefully we'll see some spirit on our gear to not have a messed up fel armor/life tap.

well, for fel armor, you will only gain, u wont loose anything (apart the +20% heal gained), whereas shamans have changed AP, so without that change their gear would be highly subpar and they would only loose something, dunno about life tap, gonna dig it up somewhere

tho i dont have problem if they redesign your t6 also, its just not classbreaking if they dont do that (which i doubt anyway )

I wish they would've used some budget to add int, not just ap.