Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enraged Regen vs Frenzied Regen

Uh... wow.

So new Enraged Regen (warrior) = 30% total health over 10 seconds, 15 rage and consumes an enrage effect preventing you from being enraged for 10 seconds. 3 minute cooldown.

vs
    Frenzied Regen (druid) = 30% total health over 10 seconds, 100 rage cost. 3 minute cooldown.

Will they perhaps be changing Frenzied Regen as well?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Enraged Regen vs Frenzied Regen

Perhaps they'll also give warriors lifebloom?
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

15+ Year Old Account

Cause I always stop tanking my mob to pop out of bear form and put a lifebloom on myself while raiding.

15+ Year Old Account

WoW is not only about raiding, also when you are in a raid, you have healers, right?
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

15+ Year Old Account

oh noes the pure class got something that the hybrid had, cry more drood.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lexonio
    WoW is not only about raiding, also when you are in a raid, you have healers, right?
    Good point, lets take away health pots, iron shield pots, and healthstones etc. I mean if the healers can't keep everyone up what is the point? You obivously know your stuff way more than I do.

Warriors lose 10-15% DPS/TPS when they use it due to the enrage prevention.

The druid ability scales better in higher content as higher rage generation offsets the consumption. The warrior ability scales negatively, as the warrior's TPS gets reduced by more.

However, I of course think it could be improved. 0.5% health per rage and 6 rage per second at max would put it more in line with the warrior ability.

But of course, it would suck for warriors if their level 80 ability would be worse than something druids had since their mid-30s. So I think it's fine that it is a little better.

Ferals can hot up with regrowth, rejuvenation and lifebloom before attacking, don't pretend that is not indeed nice. For threat, for healers, for everyone. And because of this, soloplay as feral druid = no downtime whatsoever. A warrior will have to bandage every 2 mins if grinding, and eat if he gets a little too much beating. Or just die, cause pot was on cd. Warrs just learned how to survive a tiny little better without healers. (no vanish, blink, sprint, dash, cloak, heal, feigh death++ remember.. either stuff dies, or you die)

Quote Originally Posted by Purplehaze
    Ferals can hot up with regrowth, rejuvenation and lifebloom before attacking, don't pretend that is not indeed nice. For threat, for healers, for everyone. And because of this, soloplay as feral druid = no downtime whatsoever. A warrior will have to bandage every 2 mins if grinding, and eat if he gets a little too much beating. Or just die, cause pot was on cd. Warrs just learned how to survive a tiny little better without healers. (no vanish, blink, sprint, dash, cloak, heal, feigh death++ remember.. either stuff dies, or you die)
    Never realized warriors (other then prot) had any trouble soloing. may not have heals but unloading full dps in plate and higher HP pool.. ferals solo in cat if you were wondering. and the whole regrowth, rejuv an lifebloom for threat doesnt work... you dont get threat for heals cast b4 a fight is engaged even if its still ticking unless that has been changed and im unaware... and you cant use those abilities during fights without great risk.

and shuror... war loses 10-15% threat for losing enrage effect but atleast you arent rage starving urself so you cant use any abilities. use frenzied at 15 rage and you're stuck with the decision of spamming threat building moves or saving rage for HP. i would consider that threat lost... chose 15 cause war can use enraged regen then and still keep fighting as if nothing happened

Quote Originally Posted by lexonio
    right... you never had to learn content where the fights are a bit demanding on the healer. warrior never had to use last stance or shield wall to save from a wipe so healer can catch up, or a lock health drain or a druid frenzy regen :
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Eilt
    Good point, lets take away health pots, iron shield pots, and healthstones etc. I mean if the healers can't keep everyone up what is the point? You obivously know your stuff way more than I do.

Actually thats pretty much the direction blizzard is going. Thats why they started the whole possibility of potion sickness. They dont want raids to be a chug fest. You obviously havent done your wotlk research.

I am not annoyed at the fact that they get Enraged Regeneration. Only at the fact that the druid version costs 6.7 times as much rage! For the same benefit. Ok so warriors have to "lose" 15% (or 10% depending on if prot) Damage for 10 seconds. But if you consider it, with a 3 minute cooldown and 10 second duration we are talking about them losing 1/18th of 15% bonus damage, or less then 1% damage in an extended fight or raid situation. Or zero, if you look at it as a soloing tool as they can pop it out of combat on the way to the next mob anyway!

15+ Year Old Account

Thats why they started the whole possibility of potion sickness. They dont want raids to be a chug fest. You obviously havent done your wotlk research.
    They are removing CHAIN chugging these things, not the "Oh $H!T" use of them, that is the difference, nice try though.

But of course, it would suck for warriors if their level 80 ability would be worse than something druids had since their mid-30s. So I think it's fine that it is a little better.
    When a class gets an ability should not and so far has not mattered at max level. An ability obtained at level 30 should be in line with everything other classes have at level 30, not be worse than a level 80 ability of equal utility just because it was obtained earlier. The only reason it should be worse would be if other class abilities offset the "loss", but quite frankly, looking at warriors and their new toys I don't see any reason for that either.

But then, beta isn't over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist
    Never realized warriors (other then prot) had any trouble soloing. may not have heals but unloading full dps in plate and higher HP pool.. ferals solo in cat if you were wondering. and the whole regrowth, rejuv an lifebloom for threat doesnt work... you dont get threat for heals cast b4 a fight is engaged even if its still ticking unless that has been changed and im unaware... and you cant use those abilities during fights without great risk.

and shuror... war loses 10-15% threat for losing enrage effect but atleast you arent rage starving urself so you cant use any abilities. use frenzied at 15 rage and you're stuck with the decision of spamming threat building moves or saving rage for HP. i would consider that threat lost... chose 15 cause war can use enraged regen then and still keep fighting as if nothing happened

right... you never had to learn content where the fights are a bit demanding on the healer. warrior never had to use last stance or shield wall to save from a wipe so healer can catch up, or a lock health drain or a druid frenzy regen :
    Warriors need this- And solo farming on a warrior sucks balls compared to every other class I have- enhance shaman being by far the best.
    Solo PvP warriors need this badly b/c how easy it is to lock one down- this might give them a chance against a healing type class maybe 1v1- A good healer wins 100% of the time lol. Or hybrid

most wars dont want this there calling it a nerf. were loosing frenzied assault which was attack with all weapons once every 15 secs.

myself i like it its a nice anti downtime thing for leveling at least

um didnt druids get a last stand kinda ability?

so isnt that just fair?

hmm good point with the talent excuse. oh wait it also give you a bestial wrath effect, oh yeah and adrenaline rush in cat. Druids have NO place of complaining about ANYthing any other class gets. They are the only class that have had dbl function talents through out an entire tree. ;oh lets give them a talent that increases AP by 15% AND increase armor AND health AND movement speed AND ummm shit i think we ran out of things to give them... crap oh lets make it one talent point in tier 1, yeah that'll do her'. obviously i took some artistic license. Except balance dr00ds. I feel for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighterx
    since when have people thought warriors would have more armor than druids!?!?!?!??
    Since many blue posts have stated that other tanking classes may end up with more Armor than a druid.

Found it.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/2/93368...n-the-pan.html

By GC
    "If warriors end up with more armor, it won't be by a huge margin. We still want bears to be able to tank Naxx and Ulduar, and we want as many talents and abilities as possible to scale with end-game gear. "

hmm good point with the talent excuse. oh wait it also give you a bestial wrath effect, oh yeah and adrenaline rush in cat. Druids have NO place of complaining about ANYthing any other class gets. They are the only class that have had dbl function talents through out an entire tree. ;oh lets give them a talent that increases AP by 15% AND increase armor AND health AND movement speed AND ummm shit i think we ran out of things to give them... crap oh lets make it one talent point in tier 1, yeah that'll do her'. obviously i took some artistic license. Except balance dr00ds. I feel for them.
    You clearly have no idea about druids and their mechanics.
    How come, if all the above were true, feral druids are undesired in raids and at the low end of the damage meters? Kinda doesn't add up eh?

@Lysiander: Druids mechanics? I have a pretty good idea about their mechanics, considering they have ALL of them not to mention I have quite a few 70's. psst including a druid. Umm, i don't know about your raid leaders but mine tend to have one feral per melee DPS group.

@Seyelence: Uh, wanna tell me why druids need a bestial wrath? They already the hardest class to CC. As for weapon throw '30 yd range, 0.5 sec cast, 20 sec cooldown' Hmm doing AP Damage once every 20 secs... wow seriously OP. Now if it speared the enemy and you ripped him towards you and brought him into melee range, yeah thats OP. Even if there was a snare it'd be OP. But unless they make it castable while moving, id still rather spend that .5 sec closing distance so i can use my real damage abilities.
    Theres only 2 times I would use the weap throw ability, 1: I'm rooted, in which case theres nothing else i CAN do, and 2: You are fleeing so low in life it'll kill you. In which case you should've made the decision to disengage me to heal earlier. The ONE thing you are sort of right about is about warriors being good in pvp hence why buffs. Unfortunately warriors are only good in pvp WITH a pocket healer. As a feral druid, if you cant 1v1 and beat an equally geared warrior 10 out of 10 times, you are doing something wrong, seriously wrong.