Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blue Confirmation, Paladin's to be Discussed; Mana, DPS and Interrupt issues.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

We are about ready to do our next major pass on the Paladin trees.

We think Prot does have too many mandatory talents, and too many talents that offer passive mitigation without other interesting mechanics or even dps. This thread is a great opportunity to discuss the tree and offer your feedback.

For purposes of this thread, the kinds of feedback that are useful:
    -- Which talents are fun vs. which ones aren't
    -- Areas in the tree that tie up too many talent points vs. areas that feel barren
    -- Talents that feel mandatory vs. talents that feel fun but optional vs. talents you'd never get

For purposes of this thread, we are less interested in:
    -- Mitigation and threat capabilities of the paladin vs. other tanks (we'll get to that)
    -- Holy and Retribution (we'll get to that)
    -- Mana, dps, interrupts or other paladin issues (we'll get to that)
    -- Whether it's a good goal for Prot to be viable at healing, dps or PvP. (It's helpful to mention when talents might fit these roles, but let's not use this particular thread for a debate on whether Prot should be at all decent in PvP.)
    -- Questions about other topics, pleas to visit other forums or catty arguments

Rest assured this is not our only avenue for collecting feedback. We do talk to experienced and beginner tanks alike as well as drawing on our own internal resources to make decisions.

Ready, Set, Go!
    While Ghostcrawlers post focuses mainly on the Protection Paladin it does hold very interesting information for the Retribution Paladin aswell, namely;

Discuss!

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Re: Blue Confirmation, to be fixed; Mana, DPS and Interrupt issues.

mana is easy, they'll fix it.
    DPS is trivial, they'll tune it.

but Interrupts.... do they mean incoming or outgoing?

They, the blues, already have the Ret Talent tree discussion (just like the prot one you got that from), going in the Beta forums.

I missed that thread on the forums;

Ret Pallies, it's your turn.

Please try and focus your feedback on talents. Which ones work and which ones don't? For talents you don't like, try and separate out whether the numbers are just off or if it's a mechanic you just don't need.

We're cool discussing holes in your class (e.g. mana issues or interrupts), but let's try and stay away from direct comparisons to other classes for purposes of this discussion. These threads tend to get long, so it would be helpful not to have a dozen pages debating whether Ret dps is currently too high or low compared to death knights.

Misleading topic. Should be :

Blue Confirmation, to be discussed; Mana, DPS and Interrupt issues.
    Yeah? Well, too bad. I did it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretushi
    Misleading topic. Should be :

Blue Confirmation, to be discussed; Mana, DPS and Interrupt issues.
    Agreed, I've changed the thread subject.

Re: Blue Confirmation, to be discussed; Mana, DPS and Interrupt issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry

We think Prot does have too many mandatory talents, and too many talents that offer passive mitigation without other interesting mechanics or even dps. This thread is a great opportunity to discuss the tree and offer your feedback.

For purposes of this thread, the kinds of feedback that are useful:
    -- Which talents are fun vs. which ones aren't
    -- Areas in the tree that tie up too many talent points vs. areas that feel barren
    -- Talents that feel mandatory vs. talents that feel fun but optional vs. talents you'd never get

-- Mitigation and threat capabilities of the paladin vs. other tanks (we'll get to that)
    -- Whether it's a good goal for Prot to be viable at healing, dps or PvP. (It's helpful to mention when talents might fit these roles, but let's not use this particular thread for a debate on whether Prot should be at all decent in PvP.)
    -- Questions about other topics, pleas to visit other forums or catty arguments

Rest assured this is not our only avenue for collecting feedback. We do talk to experienced and beginner tanks alike as well as drawing on our own internal resources to make decisions.

Ready, Set, Go!
    While Ghostcrawlers post focuses mainly on the Protection Paladin it does hold very interesting information for the Retribution Paladin aswell, namely;

Discuss!

WOW, i knew they would eventually pan out the paladin. But is what i am seeing is true?!?! "mana,dps,interrupts" do you think they just might fix/work/add some of the things they just acknowledged in that post?

On my other thoughts is, you gotta admit the paladins do need more work if the top 8 arena teams on both europe and america dont have a single paladin in there group.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai

Interrupts? sounds cool, but also sounds like it will homogenize us too much with the other melee's...

Mana, dps, interrupts or other paladin issues
    so, no promisses just yet

Re: Blue Confirmation, Paladin's to be Discussed; Mana, DPS and Interrupt issues.

Quote Originally Posted by eXit
    Blue Confirmation, Paladin's to be Discussed; Mana, DPS and Interrupt issues.
    Done.

This is a quote from blue post:

"I agree there are several things driving Retribution to be bursty. To some degree, bursts can be fun. We all like seeing a crit with a big number flying up. But we'd probably all agree that there comes a point where you feel like you're just rolling a dice -- maybe I'll do crazy dps on my next few hits and maybe I won't. I think we can stabilize Retribution a little bit while still letting you see some big numbers sometime and have very competitive dps. (Source)"

My worry is that they could nerf ret's burst damage

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeful
    This is a quote from blue post:

"I agree there are several things driving Retribution to be bursty. To some degree, bursts can be fun. We all like seeing a crit with a big number flying up. But we'd probably all agree that there comes a point where you feel like you're just rolling a dice -- maybe I'll do crazy dps on my next few hits and maybe I won't. I think we can stabilize Retribution a little bit while still letting you see some big numbers sometime and have very competitive dps. (Source)"

My worry is that they could nerf ret's burst damage
    the problem wirh burst is , that people with fucking much luck profit way more than those who havent

Re: Blue Confirmation, Paladin's to be Discussed; Mana, DPS and Interrupt issues.

well my honest opinion about ret was trying to do 2's with a resto shammy for windfury. If we didnt get the job done in a minute or so we might as well left, because i was already out of mana. burst was the only thing we have vs all the other classes with there cc,spell lock, infinite mana(not really infinite but no comparison to a paladin) mana burn, etc...

i wanna know what they will bring to the paladin class that will finely make ret paladins viable in arena. Im not saying there is not rets out there that havent made it to 1800-1900 rating. But i am saying that NO ret paladin has ever made it into the top 8 on any server as ret.

All other classes and there cc and what not out weigh our class anti-cc abilities.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

RET NOW BEING DISCUSSED AS WELL!!!

"Retribution Talent Tree Feedback

Ret Pallies, it's your turn.

Please try and focus your feedback on talents. Which ones work and which ones don't? For talents you don't like, try and separate out whether the numbers are just off or if it's a mechanic you just don't need.

We're cool discussing holes in your class (e.g. mana issues or interrupts), but let's try and stay away from direct comparisons to other classes for purposes of this discussion. These threads tend to get long, so it would be helpful not to have a dozen pages debating whether Ret dps is currently too high or low compared to death knights. "
    -Ghostcrawler.

Please paladins post CONSTRUCTIVE crap! flaming hurts us! I for one will be posting. This is on WOTLK official Paladin Discussion. For those not in beta with constructive thoughts, possibly post here?

Quote Originally Posted by Esra
    the problem wirh burst is , that people with fucking much luck profit way more than those who havent
    There is no such thing as luck! Where's your memo of reality?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vikai
    RET NOW BEING DISCUSSED AS WELL!!!
    Lady Vikai, please read the 4th post in this thread.

ah you guys beat me and sorry I thought I had scrolled down and not seen it. It's what i get for sleeping in today T_T. Still, I am very excited to see new ideas.

Re: Blue Confirmation, Paladin's to be Discussed; Mana, DPS and Interrupt issues

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    These were things im suggesting, bro, they dont exist yet...lol so dont ejack prematurely.

/hopes
    /prays
    /lols
    Lawl, deleted my post because I actually thought those were Blizz ideas. /my bad.

I liked the concepts though, very well thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    I also find it intresting them brigining up an interupt. ITs gonna be nice to see how that ends up as well.
    I am lol'ing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fushu
    I am lol'ing right now.
    Laughing is good for you, or so the doctors claim. But would you care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Laughing is good for you, or so the doctors claim. But would you care to elaborate?
    it all comes down to him being an ass and think everything is overpowered except his class..

i guess, it's how he was acting towards me as well, when i was discussing affliction locks