Quelldur

How would i change Divine Intervention

I have lvl 70 shaman and lvl 42 paladin! Shamans got reincarnation and Paladins have Divine Intervention! Well
    1. Reincarnation - shaman rezz himself with 20% (40%) health and mana, and can rezz everyone, or u can use it in fight and save party/raid, and u can use it alone, after u died.

2. Divine Intervention - u make other rezzer invurnerable for few min, kill urself, and make other rezzer rezz, so u need to be alive, and other rezzer has to be alive, and u have to be sure that everyone will die or its just waste. And u cant have any other use of it!

Reincarnation is just OP comparing DI. So what do u think if they changed DI to something like this

Divine Intervention - Paladin kills himself but tries to rezz other player! When player accept rezz he get 40% mana/health! i think this should be fair.

Re: How would i change Divine Intervention

So, instead of preventing a class with a Resurrection capability from dying you want them to die first so you can Ressurect them after?

Aye, that sounds very Paladin like.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

lower CD on both, DI and ankh and ill be happy, 30 mins tops for both, on top of that... well u got improved LoH so far, sure, DI aint one of the best long CD abilities, but so aint ankh :/ imagine for a second, u would have talent, from which u cannot gain any effect until u die... meh

I think that Divine Intervention is one of the coolest thing of paladin's spells. You give your life to another player and it requires a good skill in order to use it. Your idea is fine, but there is already Battle Rezz.
    Sure, Shamans have Reincarnation but we have Lay on Hands + Divine Intervention : I think it's pretty balanced

P.S. After you have used DI, you can also say : " I did it for you, guys" (and you save 10% of armor duration)

And, with DI you can have a Priest follow you around in Battlegrounds, Mindcontrol a Horde that is being ganked by 10 Alliance and then Divine Intervention him.

That ALWAYS raises eyebrows.

Divine Intervention was changed to 20 minute CD.

Yeah, DI is now 20 minutes cooldown and it's perfectly fine the way it is. It causes no durability for yourself and obviously saves the persons life and their buffs

I think what the OP wanted the spell to say is
    Divine interventin: Sacrifices the paladin to resurect a dead party member who will be immune to all damage, enemies will stop attacking the party member. The protected party member will be unable to release until all members of the party are out of combat.

I think he wanted the change so that even if the paladin was the LAST person alive, they could use this spell as a wipe recovery. Not necessarily as a battle rez.

If this isn't what you meant, than i apologize.

Quelldur

well I didnt want to make this spell good as Battle Rezz and i didnt want it to stay like this! If paladin stay alive then it would be just another battle rezz. So main function will be rezzing after wipe, player will accept rezz when everyone is dead and start rezzing! But imagine boss is at 1% ur pala has 0 mana and 500 health, MT is alive and no other healers alive, then pala DI on other healer, healer rezz and continue healing!

DI = Wipe Recovery
    Battle Rez = Wipe Prevention

What makes battle rez useful is that instead of being "one man down" your group is back to full strength. Trading one dead party member for another... at best you'll break even.

Personally, I'd rather not have a "dangit we're so close, hey suckadin why don't you DI someone who doesn't fail as hard" button.

Although if you made it so they had no choice about being rezzed, I'd gladly have a "give jerkwad double repair bill" button.

Lives

Quote Originally Posted by Quelldur
    I have lvl 70 shaman and lvl 42 paladin! Shamans got reincarnation and Paladins have Divine Intervention! Well
    1. Reincarnation - shaman rezz himself with 20% (40%) health and mana, and can rezz everyone, or u can use it in fight and save party/raid, and u can use it alone, after u died.

2. Divine Intervention - u make other rezzer invurnerable for few min, kill urself, and make other rezzer rezz, so u need to be alive, and other rezzer has to be alive, and u have to be sure that everyone will die or its just waste. And u cant have any other use of it!

Reincarnation is just OP comparing DI. So what do u think if they changed DI to something like this

Divine Intervention - Paladin kills himself but tries to rezz other player! When player accept rezz he get 40% mana/health! i think this should be fair.
    You're bad.

I had and idea bout this the other day so see wut you guys think:
    Paladin cast a 30sec buff on the target
    If the target takes a killing blow while the buff is active the paladin sacrifices him/herself instead
    DI drawns all the life from the paladin to protect the target in the protective bubble

This way if there is no wipe the paladin doesn't kill him/herself for no reason but it there is going to be a wipe the paladin has to little more time to decide where or not use DI.

Downside would be it'd be easy to waist but better than causing an unneccesary wipe.

Snap into a Slimjim...Jr!

Though DI is fine the way it is, it kind of sucks on 10 mans when there are only 2 rezzers, and you are one of them. More often than not I have a hard time finding a still living healer when I need to use DI and usually don't get a chance to use it.

A nice, but generally unnecessary improvement to it would do what the OP says. You can either drop someone from combat and die, or instant cast combat rezz someone and die. Either way you die and the effect is pretty much the same. Only now it would give you some time to pop your bubble, find a most likely now dead rezzer, DI them, they get a rezz, and you die. This would allow you to use the ability more often, and allow for some mild button disorientation.

For heavens sake.

At the moment Divine Intervention is fine and requires atleast some skill to use. Why can't some of you just leave it at that, instead of continually requesting changes that would make our already ridicilously easy class easier to play?