[Suggestions] polish up on Paladins in general (note) not a QQ

I want to first start off by saying thank you very much blizz for the changes you are giving us. They were needed and most were called for a long time.

We still could use a couple things and I have to admit seeing DK's getting all the things that Ret needed in the beginning is somewhat of a slap to the face but I can take that in stride.

1.) You leave Judgment of the Wise as is (it will be great for mana replenishment to the raid which is something you can almost never get enough of)

2.) You tell Art of War have a nice day and in its place you put imp Crusader Strike with 3 points: Crusader Strike replenishes 30%/60%/100% mana equal to damaged caused (for high armor targets, dmg on this becoming at times meh, and not refreshing judgments, this is not OP trust me) or you can have it give CS a 30/60/100% chance to regain mana equal to 100% of the damage caused.

3.) You give us another 'hammer' spell called hammer of truth. It is your basic interrupt spell. You give it a 15 sec cool down that is linked with Hammer of Justice but does not set off its full cool down

(If you use HoTr then HoJ gets a 15 sec cool down on it, and if you use HoJ then HoTr gets a 15sec cool down started.) For the shared cool downs it is so you have to choose between your JoC burst and a more reliable interrupt to casting.

4.) {Optional] Mix swift retribution, sanctified retribution, and imp ret aura and put them in one 5 point talent.

5.) You change ret aura to actually fit its name and you have people affected by it do ret aura's reactive damage on top of the damage they did excluding Dot's.

5A.) [optional] imp concentration Aura reduces threat generated by healing spells as well as Fire, Nature, and Arcane damage spells.

5B.) All over healing is distributed without raid and party members within 10yards of the target healed totaling 200% of the over healing done.

I have no prot changes because I have not played the spec and nothing makes someone seem more like an idiot that talking about something they know nothing about. Even if they have heard about it from others or rumors.

While I am listing these I may as well give my 2cents on what each spec should be

Holy: one of the most durable healers in the game. With single target healing man efficiency that is very hard to beat by equally geared/specced/skilled classes.

Prot: a strong tank with magical abilities that supplement threat generation. (Once again haven’t played the spec don’t know what it should be.)

Retribution: in a tough melee spell casting class with excellent burst damage and the ability to throw in an emergency heal on his teammate. Along with strong buffs and mana/health regeneration to the raid/party he makes an excellent addition to any arena or raid group.

Note: these are not all my own original ideas.

Edit: for note above.
    Second Edit: the first part of #2 is unclear on that it replenishes mana

Re: [Suggestions] polish up on Paladins in general (note) not a QQ

This post really belongs on the Official Paladin class forums, not here on mmo-champion.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

I agree, put it up where Blizzard has a chance to notice it.

I like the concepts but maybe make the following changes...

4. change to 3 pt talent. hard to do 1/2/3% haste with 5 points. although this would in turn make 1 talent point worth a bit too much.

5b. Its a good concept but kinda makes playing a paladin healer retardedly easy. Use current encounter M'uru. Find someone at full health spam biggest heals.. fight becomes a joke and paladin doesn't have to try. Healing MT's would be to easy. Heal the rogue taking no damage standing next to the tank. Since no one else is taking damage MT heals for ALOT! Hows about something more like 10 or 15%? this should make this not as manipulated.

Good ideas. Rawberry is right, post this in the Beta paladin forums.

And throw in my prot suggestions!

1) Reckoning is great, except as we get better avoidance, we get to enjoy it less. Could it be something we activate (with a CD) instead of passive? Would make it much more fun.

2) Redoubt needs to be reworked. It was never reliable crushing avoidance and now that we don't need to hit uncrushable, I hate sinking 5 points just to get to Shield Spec.

I think I need to clarify a couple things.

5B.) only means that it is distributed to everyone in the area (thus if you try to manipulate it, it doesn’t really work because I am sure there is more than just 1 melee other than the tank out there. So say you use it the way that was mentioned well if there are other melee let’s say 4 then 6000 (max rank of holy light w/ hypothetical spell power) 6000x2= 12000/6= 2000. I also forgot to note that this effect will not heal other target for more than 50% of the total heal.

Or if that is a little too much theorycraft for you (for some 5mans and casual players it will be on the deep end) then here is 5B ver2

Every time a target is over healed it gives them an HoT that builds up ex heals for 20, then 40 (those won’t be the actual numbers just an demonstration). This will heal others around them every time it tics.

Another brainchild of mine is to have a talent point in the trees of all healing specs to have over healing place a earth shield, prayer of mending esque thing that is limited and is related to how much is healed. (This is to help for things like boss fights when there are going to be a phase where a huge amount of burst damage is involved; this will also greatly increase the mana efficiency of healers.

Also I do not have a Beta Key :'( :-\ :-[ so if someone could put this on the Beta paladin forums with something to show I am the original poster, that or link it.

Actually, Redoubt finally has a use.
    Now that you don't need to be uncrushable anymore, you can actually see Redoubt make a difference once in a while. Before you were not getting anything from the extra block rate because you were (hopefully) capped already with Holy Shield, but that is no longer required.

I'm not saying Redoubt is useless, only that it is boring. It's passive and not really necessary. If I didn't have to sink 5 points in it to pick up Shield Spec, I'd get 5/5 Divine Strength for even more Block Rating. If they made it something I could control, I'd be much happier about it.

I don't post often, and if someone here has access to the beta forums for posting, please feel free to post this over there as well as a suggestion if you like the idea. If not, well, I've got nothin...

I like the idea of the current JotW for everyone but paladins. We all know (or should know) that it's going to get fixed so that it's beneficial for us in one way or another, but the talent itself is already good for others, thus bringing up our utility. I don't have a suggestion for JotW, or even an affirmation of support for the current suggestion of tagging mana-regen onto CS, but rather a different approach altogether.

My suggestion is some sort of a regen aura:

Every X second(s) the paladin sends out a burst of energy that invigorates yourself and your allies. You will gain 10 rage, 10 energy, 10 runic power or 10% of maximum mana. This effect cannot happen more than once every Y seconds.

The idea behind it is an instant burst of energy or a tick 1 second after you turn it on and then tune the times from there. It would put up a debuff on you so that you couldn't have pallies chain the auras together. The debuff would not be reset with a pulse until the initial debuff wore off.

Since it's an aura, if you are the lone ret paladin you would need to bounce in and out of whatever aura you chose to run with normally (likely ret aura), and would need to find a way to work it into your rotation. Obviously you would lose DPS by blowing a GCD occasionally (aura dancing), but at the cost of non-replenishment energy regen for the raid, I'm sure that you can justify doing a bit less damage. This talent would also need to be fairly deep in the ret tree so that it's not accessible to all specs.

The only scaling that would go along with this manner also would be based off of INT gear for casters, since their intellect would be higher. Alas though, 10% is still 10%, whether it's 100 or 10000.

Feedback?