Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Server Firsts FoS Removal, Patch 3.0

Short news update for today, the end of the week is coming and a few announcements about WotLK are being made and as usual we might see a beta build update. For those of you who are still waiting for Patch 3.0.2 Public Test Realms, the US Test Realms forums has been cleaned of all posts last night. Just like any other day there isn't any announcement (for obvious reasons) about anything and the only thing we can do is sit and wait.

"Server First" Feats of Strength titles removed
    Originally Posted by Tigole (Blue Tracker)
    We've decided to remove the titles for the Realm First Feats of Strength that are associated with reaching level 80. We've also removed the titles associated with the Realm First Feats of Strength associated with gaining 450 skill in the professions and secondary skill. Lastly, we've removed the title associated with Realm First to accomplish the Northrend Vanguard achievement.

Realm First boss kill achievements will still grant a title.

As a side note, Beta characters will retain their titles or end up displaying a broken title. This won't carry over to the live realms but it is merely a symptom of removing these titles from the game. If we were to do another wipe of the achievement system, the Beta titles would go away.
    Will 3.0 bring the 60-70 XP Changes?
    The 3.0.2 Content Patch deployed on live servers a few weeks before the release of WotLK will include the change mades to make leveling faster.
    Originally Posted by Tigole (Blue Tracker)

Confirmed.

Re: Server Firsts FoS Removal, Patch 3.0

Well, they finally realized that those titles were working against what they have said earlier by enjoying content while leveling and such..
    Edit: Hopefully we can still acquire the titles in other ways, still being semi-exclusive but something everyone got a chance to achieve..

Faster 60-70 leveling /cheer

I suppose all that QQ and potential jealousy caused them to remove those server firsts. Wasn't too fussed about them anyway, but clearly many people were..

Well, they caved into the whining.

awwww, no "Doctor Robotnik" for my fat red haired engineering, goggle wearing dwarf warrior than
    Please excuse my bad english, it is not my main language.

I'm glad they are gone. call me an arsewipe.

But i really ont feel that giving an epic title to 1 person on the realm will be very clever.

i mean, i imagine that one person getting a bit arrogant or cocky ? >

i hate people who think they are above everyone else, and a 1man server title will without a doubt emphersize that.

- Capslock

BTW: Cheers for increaded lvling speed!

So let's ask the other obvious question. They made it easier to get from 1-60 by easing the xp required per level, however they also added that xp onto 60-70. Now that tons of people are at 70, are we going to see those thrown in right away. Thus making it longer than it should be to for those already at 70.

some people are saying that they have to incentive to level fast now, if this one guy gets to 80 within 2 days, hey guess what, for the next year of the expansion people will level at their own pace anyway, it's not like the next 3/4 days of extreme leveling will matter that much unless you are the server 1st

This blows. Score one for the haters. ???

15+ Year Old Account

oh come on.. I wanted to be Elementium of Argus.. well not like I'd make it anyway.. Iprobably won't even get the expansion for a month or so after it's out.

Quote Originally Posted by leberle
    awwww, no "Doctor Robotnik" for my fat red haired engineering, goggle wearing dwarf warrior than
    Now that would be epic.

Anyway quite glad they removed it, as I was quite tempted to go for the Druid Title, but now i can just relax and enjoy leveling up a DK

/sits and waits....

They sure taking their time though.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzme99
    Yeah. I could see the lawyers coming in and saying "if a kid dies trying to do this, we are fucked"

I can accept it from that angle.
    bah, didnt some china kid jump from the window because he thought he will be able to shift to crow form? :P

anyway, i was soo looking forward to this titles, personally wanted to get shammy one, maybe even tauren, prolly not overall number one tho but well, the shaman title wasnt that exciting anyway, "xx of the ten storms" doesnt sound cool enough for me imo if anything, they could just come with Far Seer (maybe hint for another hero class? hopefully NOT) or with smth else cool .)

>"Server First" Feats of Strength removed

Very good change. Saves me from sleep deprivation and possible brain damage. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by blitzme99
    Yeah. I could see the lawyers coming in and saying "if a kid dies trying to do this, we are fucked"

I can accept it from that angle.
    Unlikely, because if the rewards would have stayed i would bet my left nut that on the vast majority of servers people would get to 80 within 72 hours due to guildboosting etc, if not faster.
    You dont die from pulling true 3 days of constant play

But yes, titles should be awarded as a reward from doing something special/hard, not for rushing to get the first x.

Hopefully we'll see the titles again, just gained in another form.
    (Classquests, proffesion quests for the gathering proffs+FA, Titles based on % of rare recipe's obtained etc.)

I have to say I mostly objected from the angle of it going against their claim of wanting people not to fly through the content. It actually would have greatly exceeded the rush that Death Knights would have caused if they required you first to get to 80. Sleep deprivation, sharing accounts, all stuff that isn't good to encourage. I could also see how it's sort of a shame to throw away titles that are so significant to people who follow the lore for a one shot race. It'd actually be fairly cool to see some epic quest chain that gets you the title for your class. Sometime daunting enough to discourage people from going for it or give up part of the way through. Not sure if it will ever happen though.

Ah but I am relieved, now I have no reason to spend the first night trying for the fishing title out of compulsion.

Also means no selling crafting materials for 500g a piece.

Moved to Comics Fury. Rereleased and updated.

Never Stop Posting, Never Act Gay.

In other news, however, perhaps the removal of these titles allows Blizzard the time to take a step back and reevaluate exactly how said titles and Feats of Strength should be implemented.

Being the first dope to 80 or 450 is way too easy and way too impractical to really implement. Sure, the first nerdo who gets to 80 gets to strut his title, but did he really have to work for it? Guild tagging takes away the work in leveling; hell, the first guy who got to 70 in TBC did it in about a day or so, if I recall. ( IT'S A DUMB IDEA, IF YOU DIDN'T CATCH MY DRIFT. )

Anywho, I figure that Blizzard would satiate the socially-inept and the folks who really want their titles by implementing an epic questline of sorts; you know, something that takes a lot of time, effort, and machismo to grind out and finish. You know, something a little more involving than rocketing to 80?

~That's just how I see it though~

I think it'd be pretty accurate lore-wise and pretty difficult game-wise if they implemented the titles only to players who complete 95% of all quests (or something to that effect). It'd reward casuals who want to just do quests, and it would give frothing fanboys something to do besides raiding.

Boubouille, your title is misleading on this.
    "Server First" Feats of Strength removed

They are not removing the Achievement (Feat of Strength) for these things, they are just removing the associated title.

Quote Originally Posted by Punx
    Alot of CM's were very displeased about those titles. Drysc including as he said so on his blog that he would not Green those titles.....
    He has a blog? Linky?