Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mages, Locks, and Priests, OH MY (Armor)

Mages and Locks:

This is your good friend, Priest, the friendly Priest.
    What if your Armors went back to being dispelled; would you enjoy that? What if you were forced to take a Glyph spot to improve your Armor, would you like that?

Isn't it time that Priests got the same treatment to their Armor buff? (This has been mentioned several times on the Beta forums). Except, Dev's think that we do not deserve Inner fire to not be dispellable, and to not have charges.

What do YOU think?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Mages, Locks, and Priests, OH MY (Armor)

Actually I did't mind my armors being dispellable... it's nice to have but not a must.

Deleted

Priests dont have a magical armor buff. Whats the problem?

Inner Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Zao
    Actually I did't mind my armors being dispellable... it's nice to have but not a must.
    I see it as a sign of skill being able to keep it up in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971
    Priests dont have a magical armor buff. Whats the problem?
    Inner fire?

And yeah, priests do deserve this
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    this.

if they made it non-dispellable they would have to nerf it; as with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    this.

I didn't see them nerf lock / mages armor.

Quelldur

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    Mages and Locks:

This is your good friend, Priest, the friendly Priest.
    What if your Armors went back to being dispelled; would you enjoy that? What if you were forced to take a Glyph spot to improve your Armor, would you like that?

Isn't it time that Priests got the same treatment to their Armor buff? (This has been mentioned several times on the Beta forums). Except, Dev's think that we do not deserve Inner fire to not be dispellable, and to not have charges.

What do YOU think?
    Just remove purge from shamans, or give debuff to shamans that will stun shaman every 5 sec and stun will last 4 seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    this.

oh come on.
    we have by far the weakest armor debuff which is out there!
    we need to spend 3 talent points to get it somewhere near mage/warlock's armor.
    this is just bs!

same goes for dispersion, a 51-point talent that cant be used while cc'd and which is affected by stuff like MS and all those other healing-decreasing abilities.
    priests finally need some REAL love, and not just a 30% scaling buff for mindflay. there is heaps to do! and no one seems to care
    because all those dev's seem to play other classes more often and not as half as situational as a priest.

im just sad, even if we might get some love, there is still a lot of fixing to be done to keep us as a competitive class compared to other healers/dd's

Quote Originally Posted by Quelldur
    Just remove purge from shamans, or give debuff to shamans that will stun shaman every 5 sec and stun will last 4 seconds!
    This still doesn't change the fact that I cast Inner Fire about 20 times in an arena game. (ie: GCD's etc)

IF ANYTHING I would like Inner Fire removed from GCD so we do not have to suffer from recasting this all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiraeth
    oh come on.
    we have by far the weakest armor debuff which is out there!
    we need to spend 3 talent points to get it somewhere near mage/warlock's armor.
    this is just bs!

same goes for dispersion, a 51-point talent that cant be used while cc'd and which is affected by stuff like MS and all those other healing-decreasing abilities.
    priests finally need some REAL love, and not just a 30% scaling buff for mindflay. there is heaps to do! and no one seems to care
    because all those dev's seem to play other classes more often and not as half as situational as a priest.

im just sad, even if we might get some love, there is still a lot of fixing to be done to keep us as a competitive class compared to other healers/dd's
    It will be a lot cooler in Wrath.

This still doesn't change the fact that I cast Inner Fire about 20 times in an arena game. (ie: GCD's etc)

IF ANYTHING I would like Inner Fire removed from GCD so we do not have to suffer from recasting this all the time.
    much like Water Shield is on GCD now. I agree, those should be changed

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    much like Water Shield is on GCD now. I agree, those should be changed
    OH YAH, let me get a free fking 1000 mana, with no cool down. O yah, thats about 1/3 of my 5minute cool down. TITS OR GTFO

i was just merely pointing out, that u r not the only one, who suffer from constant recasting some shield, being it mana return or, in your case armor, id gladly take 10s CD on WS, if it would be off the GCD

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    i was just merely pointing out, that u r not the only one, who suffer from constant recasting some shield, being it mana return or, in your case armor, id gladly take 10s CD on WS, if it would be off the GCD
    And I'd gladly take 1000 free mana every time I was getting hit by the thousand of melee that go, MMM YUMMY PRIEST.

HOWEVER, this is about ARMOR, not about Water SHIELDS. You have a SHIELD that you wear. Give priests shields.

Just go roll a priest and enjoy.

I was thinking you should go roll a shaman and enjoy...

Thus far your basing your argument on giving priests something that two other classes have. Now when someone else mentions removing the GCD of one of their own charge based spells, do you scream.

Yeah keeping Inner Fire up is a pain in the ass. Yeah it can be dispelled. But then priests have other methods of surviving or negating damage that warlocks and mages don't.

And I'd gladly take 1000 free mana every time I was getting hit by the thousand of melee that go, MMM YUMMY PRIEST.

HOWEVER, this is about ARMOR, not about Water SHIELDS. You have a SHIELD that you wear. Give priests shields.

Just go roll a priest and enjoy.
    well, at first, u dont get 1000 mana, u get 600 mana over around 12s from procs

anyway, i am all for getting IF some buff, being it undispellable or off the GCD, however, off the GCD would mean similar quickly wasted nonoffesive buffs/armors/shield whatever u call it should be also off the GCD.
    If u wanna be jerk and dont want here any support from other classes, which suffer from pretty similar issue, be my guest

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    Well I didn't mind casting my rank 1 frostarmor...

There is only 1 point about this post.

Dispel mana costs...

While purge and cleanse are nearly free, the dispel for us priests is horrible expensive.

This is not fair.

purge 430 mana (dispels both Fortitude and Inner Fire, 1075 mana)
    cleanse 240 mana (dispels SW: P 575 mana, dispels Vampiric Touch 425 mana)

now, reverse check...

Frost Armor 170 mana, Ice armor 630 mana, pala blessings up to 180 mana ---> dispel magic 630 mana

DISPEL VS GODMODES: divine protection 35 mana, divine shield 110 mana, Ice Block 15 mana ---> mass dispel 1500 mana XD ROFL!

Do the math...