Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Mages, Locks, and Priests, OH MY (Armor)

Quote Originally Posted by laren
    DISPEL VS GODMODES: divine protection 35 mana, divine shield 110 mana, Ice Block 15 mana ---> mass dispel 1500 mana XD ROFL!

Do the math...
    Be happy you can actually dispell these so-called God-modes.

There is only 1 point about this post.

Dispel mana costs...

While purge and cleanse are nearly free, the dispel for us priests is horrible expensive.

This is not fair.

purge 430 mana (dispels both Fortitude and Inner Fire, 1075 mana)
    cleanse 240 mana (dispels SW: P 575 mana, dispels Vampiric Touch 425 mana)

now, reverse check...

Frost Armor 170 mana, Ice armor 630 mana, pala blessings up to 180 mana ---> dispel magic 630 mana

DISPEL VS GODMODES: divine protection 35 mana, divine shield 110 mana, Ice Block 15 mana ---> mass dispel 1500 mana XD ROFL!

Do the math...
    how can you say that shamans purge dont cost much? i think you have to play shaman befor saying that. i normal use about 40% of my mana on purge in a match in 2vs2. and dont get me started on 5vs5. that is just a mana madness. but the good thing is that i have alot of mp5 so its not that much of a deal. and priest's shouldn't get an passive armor buff when they got that damn shield and they got tons of spell they can heal with. and yes mages realy needed that passive armor buff. they were F''k if a enh shaman came close to them. and locks well for some reason they needed it to. and now when it have been awhile since it came out. i can live with that. but i would be able to live with priest's getting it. then rogue and warriors could just aswell leave then arena if it was priest's.

Please stop comparing other classes, that is how we got into the shit fest that is going on right now that they call ballence. There are to many things that keep us different. OK so my mage armor is not despellable, you can heal and have more stam then I do. A lock has more Stam then you and a pet/fear. But you have shield and a fear. Its all there to make us different. if you dont like your class change it, but stop asking us to be 1 and the same.

@zurgy

I must admit purge is not so cheap but it is, compared to dispel magic... 8% base mana vs 15% base mana it's far less.

I apologize too if my comment is from a shadowpriest PoV: low mana and low healing but spec it's about love

I strongly believe that priest buffs cost should be reconsidered. And all dispels mana cost should be based on what you're dispelling and should cost slightly more than the active spell!

@Ikarus76

I must agree that differences are good to encourage playstiles

----------------------------------------------------------------
    as always sorry for my english... I'm Italian...

There is only 1 point about this post.

Dispel mana costs...

While purge and cleanse are nearly free, the dispel for us priests is horrible expensive.

This is not fair.

now, reverse check...

Frost Armor 170 mana, Ice armor 630 mana, pala blessings up to 180 mana ---> dispel magic 630 mana

Do the math...
    full squad of totems, 900+ mana, target them with wand/dagger/staff/petmacro and oneshot them, 0 mana, wut?

this is obviously an extreme, but u got the point, also u got antidispell talent, right?

also purge vs dispell magic... priests maybe got 15%, but their base mana is around 2k, whereas our is 2900, meaning its not that cheap, moreso when shaman cant dispell any harmfull spell form him

remove charges of inner fire and make mage/lock armor dispellable again and its fair imo.

This is not fair.

This is just my opinion about this matter and what i think.

I dont get it why you compare Cleanse with purge and dispell.
    Cleanse can only be used to remove 1 poison 1desease 1 magic on friendly targets. while purge/dispell removes buffs from unfriendly targets.
    and one other thing about the inner fire, priests have better manaregen and better healscaleing than paladins therefor spells are more manaconsuming and they can heal much more so why should they really have some sort of passive inner fire.

Priests != Warlocks.
    Priests != Mages.

Different classes work in different ways. Inner fire is quite a bit different from the Mage and Lock armors anyway...You don't have to give up another type of armor spell to use it, its a short term buff, its half as expensive as the mage/lock armor spells, and gives more than twice as much armor value. They're not even comparable.

i have an Spriest and a Resto shaman as my two mains.... so all this shaman priest talk is getting me all hot and bothered :-* .....

i think that inner fire is buffed enough by them adding spell power to it....im sure if you go roll a mage or warlock and get it to 70 you can then find something wrong with their classes and shields and QQ about it....

basically - its part of the game....and i hate that some people dont realize that classes cant all be the same and they cant all be = all the time....

its a paper rock scissors game.....now they are changing it...so im sure the make up will change and the power will shift...and i believe blizzard is trying to implement tools needed for the game to be more easily based on skill than class....but still

should a little priest in his cloth gowns really be able to survive a huge shaman slicing and dicing with his massive spikey fist weapons....no..he shouldnt....

be realistic...priests have insane survivability when played well and geared well....giving them an undispellable shield buff with no charges is asking too much....this is coming from a fellow priest....

cooms

@zurgy

I must admit purge is not so cheap but it is, compared to dispel magic... 8% base mana vs 15% base mana it's far less.

I apologize too if my comment is from a shadowpriest PoV: low mana and low healing but spec it's about love

I strongly believe that priest buffs cost should be reconsidered. And all dispels mana cost should be based on what you're dispelling and should cost slightly more than the active spell!

@Ikarus76

I must agree that differences are good to encourage playstiles

----------------------------------------------------------------
    as always sorry for my english... I'm Italian...

yea but he cannot dispell himself atm so thats a trade off..think a bit..

Quote Originally Posted by Chastise
    be realistic...priests have insane survivability when played well and geared well....giving them an undispellable shield buff with no charges is asking too much....this is coming from a fellow priest....
    be realistic...warlocks have insane survivability when played well and geared well....giving them an undispellable shield buff with no charges is asking too much....this is coming from a fellow warlock....
    Demon Armor should have charges
    Ceko@Al'Akir-EU
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Ceko&gn=Voivodite

[blizzquote author=Blizzard staff]Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens. [/blizzquote]

anyone using demon armor anyway? im no lock, but all i see is 99% locks with fel one and 1% without any

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account

Just dispell people back when you get dispelled as a priest

when i saw 'armor' i was like oh noes another "spellpower is bad and my lewts are all gone" ... whew...

this is much better tho /sarcasm.

It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    Mages and Locks:

This is your good friend, Priest, the friendly Priest.
    What if your Armors went back to being dispelled; would you enjoy that? What if you were forced to take a Glyph spot to improve your Armor, would you like that?

Isn't it time that Priests got the same treatment to their Armor buff? (This has been mentioned several times on the Beta forums). Except, Dev's think that we do not deserve Inner fire to not be dispellable, and to not have charges.

What do YOU think?
    Actually, oh whiner. Mages DO have to take a Glyph to make Molten Armour scale AT ALL from 70 to 80.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    They thought for some reason I would be as viable for tanking as a soggy piece of toast, while a paladin or warrior would be an incredible fortress with cannons specially designed to hold threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    Mages and Locks:

This is your good friend, Priest, the friendly Priest.
    What if your Armors went back to being dispelled; would you enjoy that? What if you were forced to take a Glyph spot to improve your Armor, would you like that?

Isn't it time that Priests got the same treatment to their Armor buff? (This has been mentioned several times on the Beta forums). Except, Dev's think that we do not deserve Inner fire to not be dispellable, and to not have charges.

What do YOU think?
    I think (as a priest, a warlock, and a mage) that virtually everything in the game should be subject to typical dispel mechanics... but that the dispel mechanics as a whole need, at the least, tweaking.

I feel like buffs/debuffs should not have virtually a 100% chance to be dispelled pre-talenting. However, I wouldn't want to see such a low chance to dispel a talented buff/debuff that purging/dispelling become useless, either.

It seems a fine line. 95+% chance to dispel any given buff/debuff makes it far too easy for priests or shamans to strip opponents lifeblood of buffs. 65-70ish% chance to dispel any given buff/debuff seems pretty decent... there is enough of a chance that people will try to dispel, but you can't remove a dozen buffs from someone in a matter of seconds. Anything like 50% chance to dispel and below would make dispelling virtually pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    anyone using demon armor anyway? im no lock, but all i see is 99% locks with fel one and 1% without any
    Well yeah. Right now fel armor is the best of both worlds.

In wrath though, fel armor will not have the +healing component on it. Fel armor will have spell power and mana regen on it, while demon armor has armor and +healing.

I like it being a magic buff, since it means less chance someone would dispell ur fort or any other more useful buffs in arena.

Even with mages, i used to buff myself with dampen magic to reduce the chance someone would dispell my other shields or useful buffs in arena

Earlier they were speaking about making mage and warlock shield dispellable again at blizzard. Who knows what will happen but i figure they are back to being dispellable when wotlk is live.

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    Well yeah. Right now fel armor is the best of both worlds.

In wrath though, fel armor will not have the +healing component on it. Fel armor will have spell power and mana regen on it, while demon armor has armor and +healing.
    aha! didnt noticed that, pretty interesting change, prolly making demon armor more pvp oriented one