Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8905

Glyph of Thunderclap increasing the number of targets affected by 4?!

Good god prot warrior buffage with this patch.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

i was giving high hopes for elemental pve and pvp just two weeks ago, now its just depression tbh :/

they threw us a bone, windshock of the gcd, and nerfed TS to hell, i guess they simply dont elemental to be competitive in either aspect of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    "Glyph of Devastate - Your Devastate ability now applies two stacks of Sunder Armor. "

Um... nice?!

Faster sunders = I'm hitting through boss armor faster = moar DPS = happy blueberry Hunter
    Uhh... I don't know why I would ever waste a Glyph Slot for this. This will give you a slight dps boost for the first few seconds of the fight, but sunders go up in seconds any ways and any warrior would take this over something more worthwhile that doesn't just benefit 10 seconds of a boss fight.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=15172.msg239063#msg239063

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=15061.0

The glyph may also increase the amount of threat generated by Devestate throughout the fight. More testing is indicated.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

the devastate glyph should work for double agro, but to tell you the truth, I don't know how the sunder threat mechanics work.

Either way I'm seeing 3 tanking glyphs that I'm almost certain will count as major glyphs that I'll probably want.

Glyph of Shield Slam: Increases your Block Value by 10% for 10 seconds after using your Shield Slam ability. (Are you kidding? This is THE mandatory tanking glyph, imo.)

Glyph of Heroic Strike - You gain 10 rage when you critically strike with your Heroic Strike ability.

Glyph of Revenge - After using Revenge, your next Heroic Strike costs no rage.

Then there are glyphs like Charge, Resonating Power, Sunder, and Devestate that are either situational are I'm just not too sure about yet.

I agree that the two most important are the glyphs of revenge and heroic strike. Makes for a good day of rage management.

Overlooked something while noticing the obvious thunderstorm nerf...

The Fire Nova Totem talent is back to causing a stun again, but only for 2 seconds. Not a lot of escape time, but I am guessing that is our "melee escape" replacement for thunderstorm.

Hey there Mr Afllication warlock,

look at the Pandemic talent near the bottom of the tree. Corruption and AU have a chance of doing double damage equal to your crit chance
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    rofl 5 yards? no use for it now, guess all the balance druids who whined about typhoon to weak compared to TS now just got happy... i mean, 5 yards? hell, PBAoE with 5 yards, wut? i guess were back with NS for pvp. hell id rather have wind shock on GCD and TS as it was than this shit
    It's still OP at 5 yards. Nerf thunderstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy
    About time Mirror Image got implemented into wow.

Too bad they wasted it on Mages.
    Engineer = Mage

Biggest possible firepower, yet they keep whining. "SPY SAPPIN' MAH SENTRY!"

Good Lord those glyphs look amazing for prot warriors. I hope we all see glyphs that good at some point!
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lethaldonut
    Uhh... I don't know why I would ever waste a Glyph Slot for this. This will give you a slight dps boost for the first few seconds of the fight, but sunders go up in seconds any ways and any warrior would take this over something more worthwhile that doesn't just benefit 10 seconds of a boss fight.
    you know, sometimes you fight more than one thing

Well don't try and justify imp sunder, it's just not good unless you're arms/fury tanking. Even so, in wrath all wars have shield slam so who needs sunder?

Quote Originally Posted by Kard
    Overlooked something while noticing the obvious thunderstorm nerf...

The Fire Nova Totem talent is back to causing a stun again, but only for 2 seconds. Not a lot of escape time, but I am guessing that is our "melee escape" replacement for thunderstorm.
    finally, they came back to their senses, as for thunderstorm, qq, 20 yards isn't always good anyway, they just intercept and shadowstep right back to you, it's like blinking, 5 yards, on the other hand, puts them right in their deadzone, and why da fuck would you ever take ns over thunderstorm, a 3 min cd over a 45s cd, a talent that requires you to put 21 points in resto over a talent that's naturally reached, what if you wanna put more than 50 points in ele, what if you wanna put some in enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by Saberoy
    Well don't try and justify imp sunder, it's just not good unless you're arms/fury tanking. Even so, in wrath all wars have shield slam so who needs sunder?
    people who wants to do more than just one thing every 6 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    It's still OP at 5 yards. Nerf thunderstorm.
    Now that´s just dumb.

Go back to fishbotting or whatever you were doing that suited your level of comprehension.

5 yards range makes the talent loose the original function, and this was by no means anything less than NEEDED by elemental shamen to keep up.
    I don´t belive the decision to make this change was entirely thought through and I belive it will be altered back to a greater range and/or given other enhancing propertys later on, since this change as said before completely removes the function of the talent.
    They might as well remove it and build a new talent if it´s gonna stay like this.

Warlock glyphs are all horrible. The ONLY one I've seen that's not 5% this and 10% that is that Eye of Kilrogg one.

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by astreios
    Now that´s just dumb.

Go back to fishbotting or whatever you were doing that suited your level of comprehension.

5 yards range makes the talent loose the original function, and this was by no means anything less than NEEDED by elemental shamen to keep up.
    I don´t belive the decision to make this change was entirely thought through and I belive it will be altered back to a greater range and/or given other enhancing propertys later on, since this change as said before completely removes the function of the talent.
    They might as well remove it and build a new talent if it´s gonna stay like this.
    I'm pretty sure he is being sarcastic...

Quote Originally Posted by astreios
    Now that´s just dumb.

5 yards is more than enough; if you're clever it'll put them out of melee range; if you're clever you will insta GW and be away to heal.

Also saying shit like ''5 yards is nothing they can just shadowstep or intercept me as soon as i do it!'' is just stupid. If they gave you an ability that makes you avoid abilities like that; we would (and did) have a problem.

Simply put 20 yards was more than double what it should be. It's an interrupt; an escape mechanism; a mana regen; and a decent AoE damage instant cast spell. Learn2p***