Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8905

Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    Awesome rogue changes.
    Indeed. The new trees provide some better flexibility than what we have now.

Hunger For Blood looks good for PvP and all, but I'm still not sold on it for PvE. I'm iffy on starving myself of 90 energy in a spec that would have a difficult enough time regenerating energy even with Focused Attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

The UIscale issues are fixed with the client not remembering it.
    Druid: Furor +10% in moonkin fixed
    Flourish R2 does not have a prerequisite, so can be learned by any druid, can even be cast in moonkin form.
    Engineering:
    Nitro Boosts and Parachute Cloak enchants DO NOT WORK
    "Internal error"

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Keshiji stop posting. Warriors are doing great with the latest changes.
    Some changes were expected and are great (finally) but still the tree is lacking a lot of love. Too many PvP talents replacing PvE core talents and we're not getting anything decent in return.

At this moment warrior threat generation, mitigation, survival and utility is going to suffer a lot if the patch goes live next week. Most warriors have like 550 - 650 base attack power in their tanking gears, and most spells and such base on that stat now... so it's going to lack.

Also, the whole raid utility that Prot Warriors give to the raids will be low, veeeeery low. Why bring a Prot Warrior when a Fury Warrior can do the same and give better buffs? It's no use! No need for warriors!

You realize, Keshiji, that tanking gear will be itemized to have a hefty amount of attack power, right?

Just stop.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Prot warriors currently outthreat every other tank in single target tanking, and I don't see why they won't in wotlk. That is their main deal they bring to the table, amazing TPS.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    You realize, Keshiji, that tanking gear will be itemized to have a hefty amount of attack power, right?

Just stop.
    I don't deny that but please keep in mind that I'm not directly arguing about the expansion (even when there are some deep Prot talents that are completely USELESS right now) Anyway, that's the expansion and we still have time for it, so at least I still have hopes there. My problem right now is the direct PRESENT. If they release the talents, for example tomorrow, all the raiding Protection Warriors are going to have a lot of issues... A LOT.

But they're not releasing the talents to live tomorrow?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    But they're not releasing the talents to live tomorrow?
    They are releasing them soon for sure. And they have been keeping the same "problems" in the Prot Tree for about 6-7 patches, so... what do you want me to think? Also, the blues keep saying things like "Hey! we're going to fix you guys! Soon! Yeah... soon... really!" and when changes come they are handy (some) but not as what a good number of tanks were expecting.

I have been losing my faith in all those patches... and while they try to fix something, they break something else. :\

Looks like Alchemy just became a mandatory Arena profession with those new potions (not that I care).
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Keshiji
    They are releasing them soon for sure. And they have been keeping the same "problems" in the Prot Tree for about 6-7 patches, so... what do you want me to think? Also, the blues keep saying things like "Hey! we're going to fix you guys! Soon! Yeah... soon... really!" and when changes come they are handy (some) but not as what a good number of tanks were expecting.

I have been losing my faith in all those patches... and while they try to fix something, they break something else. :\
    you should really stop

Quote Originally Posted by Keshiji
    Some changes were expected and are great (finally) but still the tree is lacking a lot of love. Too many PvP talents replacing PvE core talents and we're not getting anything decent in return.

At this moment warrior threat generation, mitigation, survival and utility is going to suffer a lot if the patch goes live next week. Most warriors have like 550 - 650 base attack power in their tanking gears, and most spells and such base on that stat now... so it's going to lack.

Also, the whole raid utility that Prot Warriors give to the raids will be low, veeeeery low. Why bring a Prot Warrior when a Fury Warrior can do the same and give better buffs? It's no use! No need for warriors!
    I'm sorry but who cares about base attack power of a prot warrior in a raid?
    In a raid you can expect to get some raid buffs .
    Though I think warriors are looking fine.
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Really, a warrior that is bitching about the skills and talents warriors have recieved does not know how to play his/her class.  PvP/PvE dps is looking amazing.  Prot is looking amazing, especially since this patch where the bloatedness of the prot tree has been fixed to the point where you can get impale in the arms tree.

Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    For Wrath of the Lich King... AP is a much more important stat than before, thus the introduction of lots of strength. Strength will also give 1 BV/2 points.

I just posted this... read it and it may help: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=15061.0
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=15172.msg239063#msg239063

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=15061.0

Hey, there's no mention of Core Hounds being tameable! What gives? :P
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

# Inscription of High Discipline - Permanently adds 30 spell power and 15 critical strike rating to a shoulder slot item. Can only enchant your own items and doing so causes them to become soulbound.
    # Inscription of the Frostblade - Permanently adds 45 spell power and 15 critical strike rating to a shoulder slot item. Can only enchant your own items and doing so causes them to become soulbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Stipa
    Now either this is a typo or Blizz is stupider than I thought. Two enchants with the same kind of stats but one is better?
    The second one is obviously meant to say
    # Inscription of the Frostblade - Permanently adds 45 attack power and 15 critical strike rating to a shoulder slot item. Can only enchant your own items and doing so causes them to become soulbound.

I think they meant the 2nd one frostblade to be attack power. Although it should be more like 60 attack power instead of 45. Wonder if it would have made sense to find a increase your power by 30 or whatever, so you could only have one of these types of items, and whoever gets to get both spell and attack power. Maybe that would be OP, and some gear has int instead of pure strength but it would make some things easier to have just a single POWER stat.

New pet!

On the subject on inscription, fel armor mana reduction, increase duration blessing of kings on self. I mean whats the point?

They are prep spells.

If they are done outside combat if I already have enough mana to buff the full raid without drinking I don't care how much mana they cost.
    If they last 10 minutes or more especially if the buff only effects me, I don't care how long they last.

Am I missing something here?

Incomplete notes are incomplete!

Death Knights:

Dark Command now has a base 8 second cooldown (hence the CD reduction talent removal).

Obliterate is now included in Death Rune Mastery (both death strike AND oblit proc DRM now that is). Runes stay in their death form until used. Theoretically you could start boss fights with 4 death and 2 blood runes D:

The only skill that still receives percentage damage bonus based on the number of diseases on the target is Death Strike. All other strikes deal flat bonus damage per disease.

Ghoul damage and stats were also reduced somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    In a raid you can expect to get some raid buffs .
    Though I think warriors are looking fine.
    It's just to set a margin, buffs are conditional and you might have them or you might not. You need to set a base to be able to compare and then add the buffs you "might" get.

Right now the warriors base attack power is low, and even with buffs it's still low, keep in mind that's the actual situation. And those pre-expansion changes are meant for warriors when they are actually... in... the... expansion and obviously have significant AP, which once again is not the case right now.

Fury is looking 'ok', so does Arms... but Prot still needs some love. Some blues said that they were going to change some things from Vigilance and I'm still waiting for that miracle to come. Shockwave is another skill that needs a revamp or some work to do, as a tank (present) I need to get hit to generate threat, because my white attacks or criticals don't generate enough rage and a stun that lasts 4 seconds... is... not... userful... and it's also very dissapointing to have such a lame 51 point skill when all others are just freaking awesome.

Also, to Saberoy. I know my class very well, I've tanked every boss in the game up to Illidan (not counting SWP) and I manage to get good TPS as well. I'm quite grateful that they have repaired the bloating in the Prot tree but personally I think that's something they should've done it a lot of time ago. Also, I can't quite accept PvP talents in the deep protection tree when there are still some things that need work (Hello Vigilance, Shockwave and Safeguard!) maybe it'd be ok if I were to see them (the talents) when the expansion came out, but now I can't accept it because it'll affect my raiding experiencie directly and that's NOT COOL.

As for the expansion, well... we still have time and I hope to see more changes soon. But right now the "hardcore" raiding guilds, or rather the smart ones will just leave warrior tanks outside of their raids because they don't contribute as much as other tanks. (Sunder armor debuff can be done by any of the DPS warriors, even hunter pets are getting one... and the shouts, well... fury warriors have a stronger shouts as well, they can also use Demo shout, TC and all that stuff...) Druids tanks have a very strong constant buff to the raid, they can BR (when they stop tanking) and such, Pallies have their hands, blessings and OP auras... warrior tanks give NOTHING (unless you call the Imp. Disarm something... because... please... let's get serious, they even nerfed that thing as well... lol)

Bai!

Vigilance isn't a pvp talent, sorry.

Neither is Shockwave.

Just, please, stop posting.