Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Warlock talent changes (8905)

WOOT OUR DOTS CAN CRIT! BLIZZ LOVE USSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But screw mages for getting mirror image(i want a demon version)!!!!

Anyways heres my affli build now that dots can crit! http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

yes i put two points into shadows embrace but it says that it stacks two times, at least its less points into it and its a MS effect. BLizz neglected us at first but now were getting GREAT stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockeroad
    WOOT OUR DOTS CAN CRIT! BLIZZ LOVE USSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But screw mages for getting mirror image(i want a demon version)!!!!

Anyways heres my affli build now that dots can crit! http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

yes i put two points into shadows embrace but it says that it stacks two times, at least its less points into it and its a MS effect. BLizz neglected us at first but now were getting GREAT stuff!

hard for me to get away from deaths embrace only for the sake of boss fights with HUGE HP pools... 15% more crit is nothing to sneeze at

also for once you might consider leaving impr life tap with the improvements to dark pact, mana regen, and imp fel hunter

if you are spamming sbolts and haunt in pve like you should that extra damage will be there all the time

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

im guessing thats bugged that why i assumed its 5% stackable to 10%.... 20% would be too much combined with imp sbolt

blizzard isnt that dumb

on that note... if i can count on a moonkin or deathknight in the raid heres my new PvE Affliction DPS spec hoping it can keep up with other specs

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

edit* will juggle points if threat turns out too high
    Lack of Devastation instead of Cataclysm hurts it a bit, otherwise a pretty decent build assuming the mentioned classes are there. My only objection to Dark Pact is that our pets are intended to DPS now and I'm not sure, with the addition of Shadow Bite, how much of the doggy's dps is based around mana. If it's very little, awesome, if it's a large portion I'd still prefer improved life tap. Improved drain soul, now that ara te dots can crit, could very well be priceless as Affliction is gonna face much spikier threat. Overall though not bad. I'll probably do something similar, taking the points out of Malediction to fill out my build's SE, at least 1 in Imp Fel Hunter, and pending on how his dps/damage per mana works out maybe a Dark Pact point if we have a DK/Moonkin present.

Also, the 20% wouldn't be too much imo if you're thinking of it in regards to ISB. ISB was nerfed long ago to exclude DoTs from it's damage increase.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticSong
    Lack of Devastation instead of Cataclysm hurts it a bit, otherwise a pretty decent build assuming the mentioned classes are there. My only objection to Dark Pact is that our pets are intended to DPS now and I'm not sure, with the addition of Shadow Bite, how much of the doggy's dps is based around mana. If it's very little, awesome, if it's a large portion I'd still prefer improved life tap. Improved drain soul, now that ara te dots can crit, could very well be priceless as Affliction is gonna face much spikier threat. Overall though not bad. I'll probably do something similar, taking the points out of Malediction to fill out my build's SE/2 filler points somewhere if we have a DK/Moonkin present.

Also, the 20% wouldn't be that bad. ISB was nerfed long ago to exclude DoTs from it's damage increase.

i might take out deaths embrace and go for some points in devastation... as for the pet... 200% shadow bite returned as mana + the fact that it scales with spell power and shadow debuffs on the target + the new mana regen classes effecting raid. Dont forget we will also see spirit gear now and fel armor gives us regen ... im pretty sure lifetap is gonna be limited

I'm sure imp>felhunter for affliction, always. Especially since the imp has more mana and higher mana regen.
    This user has been banned.

atm felhunter is better than the imp with skilled shadowbite as he regens mana like hell by that .. pet manareg so far is kinda very low

combined with dark pact you never run outa mana
    Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered. Tigole

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    I'm sure imp>felhunter for affliction, always. Especially since the imp has more mana and higher mana regen.

felhunter now also adds to your dps
    shadowbite scales well with spell power and gives 200% mana back with talents
    raids will be regening your pets mana

sure youll be able to DP more with an imp but with new regen in a raid you wont need to

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    3/3 pandemic - Each time you deal damage with Corruption or Unstable Affliction, you have a chance equal to your spell critical strike chance to deal 100% additional damage.

so basically a crit that is not effected as much by resilience.. about time blizzard, deathknights got it why shouldnt we (except theres hit other targets nearby

5/5 shadow embrace - (tooltip is bugged ) Your Shadow Bolt and Haunt spells apply the Shadow Embrace effect, increasing all periodic damage dealt to the target by you by 0%, and reduces all periodic healing done to the target by 1 to 0%. Lasts for . Stacks up to 2 times.

will end up being fixed as Your Shadow Bolt and Haunt spells apply the Shadow Embrace effect, increasing all periodic damage dealt to the target by you by 5%, and reduces all periodic healing done to the target by 12%. Lasts for . Stacks up to 2 times.

meaning 10% more damage if its stacked and 24% less healing from HoTs horray for HoT MS on locks
    Ranks 3-5 are currently bugged. Rank 1 is shown as 2% DoT damage and 3% negative to HoT healing. After 5 ranks it should be 10% DoT damage and -15% HoT, x2 means 20% +damage and 30% -healing.

Ty Blizz for buffing the affliction tree for raiding. My locks build at 80

Sweet changes, but tbh, I'm still waiting for blizzard to give malediction for free for warlocks, all other classes have 13% extra spelldamage, while warlocks are the only one that have 10%, and have to specc to get 13%, even though they are the original owner of the spell. And as it looks now, and as I've seen on most speccs, there just isn't room for it anymore.

The specc I'd use is indentical to Shatteryoface with one difference, I'd put points in Imp CoA or frailty instead of soul siphon. Since as I said, I will only have 10% spelldamage on my CoE, so it'll get overwritten by other classes spells, so you'll prolly be using either CoW, CoR or CoA anyway.

Meh whats going on with destro.

Chaos Bolt and F&B still NYI.

Fire and Brimstone needs to be replaced. Backdraft shouts 'use conflag right away for a big buff' then the next talent says 'no, save conflag until the end and miss out on more Backdrafts'.

Chaos Bolt still sucks.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiton
    Meh whats going on with destro.

Chaos Bolt and F&B still NYI.

Fire and Brimstone needs to be replaced. Backdraft shouts 'use conflag right away for a big buff' then the next talent says 'no, save conflag until the end and miss out on more Backdrafts'.
    imo, F&B should be changed to

"and your Incinerate spell has a 100%(r5) chance to refresh the duration on your immolate, and your Conflagrate has a 100%(r5) chance to not consume your Immolate when cast"

in addition to the 25% spell coefficient boost

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    imo, F&B should be changed to

"and your Incinerate spell has a 100%(r5) chance to refresh the duration on your immolate, and your Conflagrate has a 100%(r5) chance to not consume your Immolate when cast"

in addition to the 25% spell coefficient boost
    or conflag could just refresh instead of removing

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Right now with that 80% avoidance on AoE, all your pets are able to dps while staying alive.
    I won't argue about Fel Hunters dps being higher or not, but if both Imp and Fel Hunter are attacking right now, Fel Hunters manareg is superior to Imps due to pimped Shadow Bite.
    Also both Auras don't stack with Arcane Brilliance/Divine Spirit or Commanding Shout anymore, but it is more likely that there is no Discipline Priest in your raid than 2 Warriors of any specc.

Soo... care to elaborate why you think Imp will always be better?

Also I'm wondering no one mentioned Everlasting Affliction has the potential of being a damage-dealing powerhouse:
    "Your Corruption [...] spell gains an additional 5% of your bonus spell damage effects each time it inflicts damage, and your Drain Life and Shadow Bolt spells have a 100% chance to reset the duration of you Corruption spell on the target."

To me it sounds like each Corruption tick will increase the damage by a small amount and since Shadow Bolt will reset the duration everytime you fire it... this "small amount" will stack and produce considerable damage if you are long enough in combat. (Ever saw that 56 mio dps vid? It wouldn't be that much... but i think you get my point)

some math regarding Everlasting Affliction (if my assumption is not wrong):
    your spelldmg: 1500
    5% would be: 75
    Corruption duration: 18 sec (your spell dmg is spread among those 6 damage ticks every 3 seconds)
    so each tick would get 12,5 (75 / 6) extra damage every 3 seconds

now if your boss fight is 10 minutes long:
    (10 * 60) / 3 = 200 (the amount of ticks you get in 10 minutes)
    so after 10 minutes your Corruption will deal 2500 (200*12,5) extra damage each tick.

...means a dps increase of 833 after 10 minutes with 1500 spell damage...

Or I'm horribly wrong and the duration reset also applies to the damage increase (in that case it would suck).

Loving the new affliction tree except there seems to be too much bloat...one of those I want it all things...I know trees are designed to make you pick what you deem necessary, but just seems like a lot of 5 point talents that could be trimmed to 3 pointers if we are lucky. Overall, I am happy with the direction Affliction is taking.

I am wondering how they have overlooked nerfing Fel Concentration and Intensity yet...all other classes anti-interrupt talents got hit hard except Warlocks.

I kinda like the new changes in Affliction. Pandemic is basically a free crit working around resilience. I'm glad they are actually realizing the problem of the tree. I hope they'd address haste scaling soon, yes Blizz please. It's still not over. :P

Also with the new EA affecting Siphon Life, it has potential combining it with the glyph pvp wise. Can't judge on PvE for now. And SE right now is bloated, it could really just use 3 points. A lot in the tree is bloated hope they address that. Same with Imp Soul Leech.

But let's still wait though. It seems they're starting to "fix warlocks" now, so hopefully they'll address a lot of our issues.

Seems destro deep talents are still NYI, so basically there's still hope because they seem to have no idea what to do with it. If you ask me, I'd like Fire and Brimstone to have Conflagrate have a 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% chance to not consume Immolate. You know it just suck when you have to consume the Backdraft charge to recast Immolate. It's like EA on destro tree. Or they can make a creative Glyph of Conflagrate to not consume it.

My only complaint is our Glyphs still SUCK. I look up on the other classes glyphs and they just make me cry. Seriously, who freaking designs our glyphs??? Mages get some that can actually help them. Ours are mostly fillers. Hopefully, this will get revised. It ain't over.

And a question, does Glyph of Corruption stack with Nightfall? Would it make it an 8% chance now?

Oh and btw, Imp. Immolate is still worthless and only picked up because of Conflag.

i think haste is.. quite alright for affliction, shadowbolt scales for 100% with it(unlike with crit, it only scales for 50% due to the 150% damage modifier)

ofcourse, haste affecting DoTs is nice.. but i don't really think it needs fixing

the time gained from applying DoTs also boosts shadowbolt's damage, cause a lower GCD on each DoT application, means more shadowbolt time

theres not too much bloat in the affliction tree now. PvE wise you only need to go 55 points in.

Provided gear follows a similar progression as it did in tbc you arent going to be able to be hit capped after the first raid zone. So the 3/3 cataclysm is going to add more dps then 5/5 devastation. And any affliction build now without imp felhunter and dark pact is just retarded. Also as Ive been saying for a while, the only non dps curse that will be needed in raids is CoR, and the demon lock can take care of that and the affliction locks spec into amp curse and imp coa.

Now lets hope for a big buff to fire and brimstone to balance it out with new look affliction. Removal or combination of a few talents would be a nice step in the right direction too, like soul leech and imp soul leech need to be 1 talent to free up points wasted in soul leech to get imp. Bare minimum 56 points in destro is stupid(skipping intensity, nether prot and chaos bolt too). Plus the 3 needed points in improved imp.

The debuff changes actually made them to actually address our issues as well as shadowpriests. It's pretty ironic when you think about it. Now, Affliction will be DPS spec, let's just see how viable it is though, because with the lack of utility than Demo now seems to bring, it's a no brainer they're going to make it somehow a viable raid spec on par with destro (okay, lemme just dream).

EDIT: UA's base damage is nerfed. From 1050 to 875 and now silences from 5 sec to 3 sec.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...79908189&sid=1