Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Misery Un-nerfed

"Your shadow word: pain, mind flay, and vampiric touch spells also increase the chance for harmful spells to hit by 1%, and increases the damage of your mind blast, mind flay, and mind sear spells by an amount equal to 5% (total of 15% with three points in the talent) of your spellpower."

Opinions?

Reference: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?priest

Re: Misery Un-nerfed

Not bad, not bad at all ^_^, they actually listened

Great change, even more reason I don't have to pick up improved faerie fire ftw.

Is this the extra coef on mindflay tho? or is it an addition to the 30%?

so if we would hit for 2k and had 1k spelldmg, the mind blast would hit for 2150? (if we left the other talents out)
    Black is what darkness looks like.

nice change, too bad it doesn't still give 5% to raid...but its still good...i mean now its only a nerf to utility instead of an all out nerf...im happy (would've been nice if it would've applied to all the priests spells, but meh...i won't get greedy )

Aerv

Quote Originally Posted by volunthas
    so if we would hit for 2k and had 1k spelldmg, the mind blast would hit for 2150? (if we left the other talents out)
    not it would not, because Mindblast doesn't make 1000 dmg more if u have 1k Spelldmg. It would get between 50-100 dmg more but i don't know that math exaclty ^^ (a 3.5 casttime Spell normally gets full +dmg, so mb would get bit less than the half spelldmg).

Quote Originally Posted by Aerv
    not it would not, because Mindblast doesn't make 1000 dmg more if u have 1k Spelldmg. It would get between 50-100 dmg more but i don't know that math exaclty ^^ (a 3.5 casttime Spell normally gets full +dmg, so mb would get bit less than the half spelldmg).
    but it says increases the damage by an amount of X% of your spell power, and not increases the amount of spell power affecting that spell by X%. or do i mix sth up? ^^
    Black is what darkness looks like.

It seems pretty unambiguous from the wording that, yes, with 1000 spellpower you'd see an increase of 150 damage dealt per cast of the affected spells. So it'd increase the three spells' +spellpower bonus (aka coefficient).

I'm assuming Misery's 15% constitutes part of the intended 30% increase to Mind Flay's coefficient (the other 15% possibly being part of the base spell). Increasing the coefficient by 45% total would put it at over 100% spellpower bonus, which sounds a little too crazy given that that's double the coefficient it currently has.

but finally, shadow semms to be a viable PVE tree. The new system of shadowweaving isn´t tto bad at all too, it´s even better than before for ourselves, espacially for muiltitarget nuking, because we´re getting the talent as a self buff...

At least there is abit more reason to pick that talent now - just need Grace to be looked over now.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by endahl
    It seems pretty unambiguous from the wording that, yes, with 1000 spellpower you'd see an increase of 150 damage dealt per cast of the affected spells. So it'd increase the three spells' +spellpower bonus (aka coefficient).

I'm assuming Misery's 15% constitutes part of the intended 30% increase to Mind Flay's coefficient (the other 15% possibly being part of the base spell). Increasing the coefficient by 45% total would put it at over 100% spellpower bonus, which sounds a little too crazy given that that's double the coefficient it currently has.
    I belive that this is an after modifier bonus,

as things stand on mind flay we get

[Base damage + (spellpower*coefficient)]*modifiers

where modifiers are things such as shadow form that increase spell damage by XX%

now for mind flay with this talent we get

{[Base damage + (spellpower*coefficient)]*modifiers} + (Spellpower*0.15)

so its a nice bit of extra damage but it doenst scale as well as an increase in the spell coefficient as its not efected by modifiers (SF, twin disaplins, darkness etc...)

A really nice change on top of the mind flay coefficient change.

*Edit*
    went on a WWS report for Brut and pulled this info

lets assume a Brut SP has 1550 spell buffed (prolly quite a bit higher)

on the report i found the SP had done:
    132 MF ticks (/3 for casts) = 44 casts
    15MB

thats 1550*0.15*(44+15)= 13,717 extra damage

the fight was 3min 49 long = 229 seconds

so thats only 60dps increase from this change (ALL OTHER CHANGES IGNORED), better than a kick in the nuts but not great

TBH.. .they said they are gonna change the scaling.... They said it would take time.... LET EM WORK....

OT
    This just made Misery from a semi spell to a great spell... Not WTF !!!! good but still good
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Isn't the old misery better though (even if they reduced it to self only) 5 percent extra damage to all our stuff?

We get a new 5% dmg increase in disc tier 1. So ^nothing lost at all except for the wanking mages and locks who will do slighlty less dps because of the misery change and shd weaving being self only now ^^

Nice damage numbers on the live stream. 7300 MB crits, 1300-1500 MF ticks, aprox 1k ticks from SW:P and VT (950-975) and 6800 crit from SW. Normal damage on MB 3500.
    The Spriest got T6 armor, so there is HUGE room for more damage with the right lvl 80 gear..

I'd rather have this than that old Misery. No one will take that one seriously since Boomkins will provide it. So this is a welcome change.

Quote Originally Posted by MaritnR
    I belive that this is an after modifier bonus,

as things stand on mind flay we get

[Base damage + (spellpower*coefficient)]*modifiers

where modifiers are things such as shadow form that increase spell damage by XX%

now for mind flay with this talent we get

{[Base damage + (spellpower*coefficient)]*modifiers} + (Spellpower*0.15)

so its a nice bit of extra damage but it doenst scale as well as an increase in the spell coefficient as its not efected by modifiers (SF, twin disaplins, darkness etc...)

A really nice change on top of the mind flay coefficient change.

*Edit*
    went on a WWS report for Brut and pulled this info

lets assume a Brut SP has 1550 spell buffed (prolly quite a bit higher)

on the report i found the SP had done:
    132 MF ticks (/3 for casts) = 44 casts
    15MB

thats 1550*0.15*(44+15)= 13,717 extra damage

the fight was 3min 49 long = 229 seconds

so thats only 60dps increase from this change (ALL OTHER CHANGES IGNORED), better than a kick in the nuts but not great
    WTF are you calculating there ?

I give you the right stats:

If you cast 1 MB for 2400 in a raid (noncrit) (1500spelldmg), with allt he effects, this talent will increase the damage to 2625, now if you are casting mindflay, the same rule. On Beta, with lvl 70, with my SP having about 1310 spelldmg unbuffed, this becomes from 2100 to 2350 MB noncrits, and Mindflay ticks going over 1k (about 1050), up from 800.

This is only based on the effect of the new misery. The old stats were maximums with also 2 dots on the target (10% extra bonus on MF)...

So the change gives us up to 1k DPS by simply leveling. In a raid, we could actually compete with all the other classes (maybe), but I think, to make it really balanced, MF needs to get the chance to crit, which is planned for the next build.

So fiinally this change on misery is a really good one, and improving our dps signifficantly and please don´t forget that MB is also affected

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra2
    "Your shadow word: pain, mind flay, and vampiric touch spells also increase the chance for harmful spells to hit by 1%, and increases the damage of your mind blast, mind flay, and mind sear spells by an amount equal to 5% (total of 15% with three points in the talent) of your spellpower."

Opinions?
    Reference: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?priest
    It's a bad change. Because we already scale well with spellpower AND you cannot compensate scaling with haste/crit with better scaling from spellpower. And even gear from the very first raid dungeon in WOTLK comes with both crit and haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerv
    It's spellpower * MB cast time * multiplier ("increases dmg done by shadow spells by x%" etc)/ 3.5. Even without our talents this means 1000 * 1.5/3.5 = 428 more dmg.