Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: So, feral spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Dethday
    hat difference in any spec can that 1 point make? We already have spare points pretty much. So why not get it? Everything adds up.
    what spare points?

feral spirit should be base skill and they should give enhancement new attack talent for 51 pointer

Agreed. Also mutilate and shadowstep should be baseskills so i could get adrealine rush as well to go with the theme. I mean why spend talent points when you could get them just for free?

myrddinde

The wolves were introduced as DPS timer ... and one thing they aren't is a DPS timer ... they hit less than a Level 60 NPC ... I like the abilities they have, but the DPS of the wolves is just indiscutable low and needs some buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Agreed. Also mutilate and shadowstep should be baseskills so i could get adrealine rush as well to go with the theme. I mean why spend talent points when you could get them just for free?
    like yoy already got the 41 pt sub one? clos rem it?

Well you already got that 81 point enh talent called bloodlust as a baseskill.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    my point was that its not worthy as 51 point talent. Its even weaker than most WL pet.

Awesomex

Guys, to be perfectly honest this is the first patch that they have even been live. Which means that they are going to seriously work on tweaking this stuff. Also if you ask me that means that we may soon be up for an overall revamp. So please give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomex
    Guys, to be perfectly honest this is the first patch that they have even been live. Which means that they are going to seriously work on tweaking this stuff. Also if you ask me that means that we may soon be up for an overall revamp. So please give it a chance.
    God i hope so. The only tree that really looks close to being finished is resto. I feel a couple changes could really make these worthwhile, like putting mana regen onto the healing attacks, and maybe giving ghostwolf a flat % damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethday
    What I don't understand about the complainers is: every build I've ever made on beta the 1 lousy point saved from NOT getting spirit wolves goes where? W

hat difference in any spec can that 1 point make? We already have spare points pretty much. So why not get it? Everything adds up.

Unless you're one of those people that will never ever get it out of spite. Well have fun with your 2% increased shock dmg (/cheer) and I'll have fun with my BADASS SPIRIT WOLVES!
    Spirit Wolves, regardless of what they do, are the best use of one talent point. All enhancement builds go 54+ points into the tree so there's no reason NOT to take the talent. 1 extra point in elemental is not going to get you anything decent, as we can already take all the good talents from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomexus
    Gonna break it down to each ability as far as Enhancement PvE and PvP viability goes.

Feral Spirit (Tier 11) is now implemented. Pet skills include :

Bash - Your Spirit Wolves stun the target for 2 sec. (45 sec cooldown) I think I called this one...it's a once per summon skill with a duration that you will miss if you blink. It's good for an interrupt but not for much else...I can't even see a mage wasting blink on this one. PvE this is useless for a "dps timer" since who the crap cares against trash and bosses will just be immune anyway.

Twin Howl - Your Spirit Wolves howl, forcing all enemies to attack them for 6 sec. (15 sec cooldown) This is a guaranteed winner since they will almost certainly have 11k hp right...right? It's PvP usage is crazy good as well...wait.

Spirit Walk - Removes all movement impairing effects and increases the movement speed of you and your Spirit Wolves by 60% for 15 sec. (25 yd range, 32 sec cooldown) Finally a way to remove movement impairs...it has a lengthy CD but the speed increase makes up for it...no, no it doesn't we already have all this crap and this is a total waste in PvE...in PvP you will probably use it just because its there...but if they took it out no one would complain.

Spirit Hunt - Your Spirit Wolves' attacks heal them and you for 5 sec. (10 sec cooldown) Heals in PvE are not needed since, as discussed everywhere, AE/Raid healing is going to be through the roof...we don't need a personal heal effect as well. For PvP this could be the only saving grace of this talent, short CD with a decent duration...but what % of dmg is healed? How much dmg do they do anyway? There are alot of things that could change the usefulness of this.
    Who is this guy? Man you were raised to QQ that much? This is a great talent with tons of great opportunity. You are wrong on every point. Period. I didn't even get to read the rest of the discussion because this is just too much.

Bash - IN PvP a stun is a stun is a stun, it's 2 seconds of free fun. I have had many a battle depend on that 2 seconds. In PvE not all mobs are immune to stun and you forget you'll be leveling as well. Stun for soloing is great.

Twin Howl - In PvP peels a pet or treants of yourself or your healer. Want to get nice heals in PvP? Save the healer. PvE used as an escape maneuver in instances and as general common sense while leveling.

Spirit Walk - 2 x 15sec sprints every time you cast these bad boys? That's awesome. Wait... and it removes snares twice in 45 seconds? If this needs to be spelled out for anyone regarding PvP and PvE there's issues with your ability to think let alone play.

Spirit Hunt - Heals are always needed. Period. Why stress your healers mana pool on a raid when you can hit yourself. Why not heal yourself when grinding levels in PvE (less downtime eh?)? In PvP you already mentioned its usefulness. Half the time they are up they are giving you health. Health regen + 30% damage reduction from shammy rage is like heaven.

Bototm line. How can there be QQ on a talent that is A.) not finished or implemented yet, and B.) Good all around?
    Trust the tale not the teller.