Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Schizo

Re: Anyone else pissed about the new shockwave?

Quote Originally Posted by Blasfomy
    You completely missed what i was saying, and your the one misunderstanding, you know how the OT has to be on 2nd threat? Well its very easy for me to pass the MT, and i actually have to hold back or ill pull aggro. I dont want to derail the thread any further, but im not confused, i know i need to be on 2nd threat to eat the strike.
    I'm Glad you know this, but there may be circumstances you are overlooking. I've know many hunters that constantly use misdirection on the 2nd aggro a lot to make sure 2nd aggro is established. I'm sure you're pulling off the MT but you may have some help.

Quote Originally Posted by velourea
    wow new change rocks, instead of good aggro I'll do 75% of my leet 666 attack power I have as tank, so I'll do like 400 damage. wow awesome, can't wait for the patch we get the talents!
    As many mentioned already: You get A FUCKING lot more of AP in Wotlk, but already:
    You have 666 ap at level 70 as tank? Oo

I got more than double of that AP with my tank spec and my tank gear in tbc.... and i don't even have one T5 or higher drop...

You maybe should not tank naked?
    Please excuse my bad english, it is not my main language.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

You completely missed what i was saying, and your the one misunderstanding, you know how the OT has to be on 2nd threat? Well its very easy for me to pass the MT, and i actually have to hold back or ill pull aggro. I dont want to derail the thread any further, but im not confused, i know i need to be on 2nd threat to eat the strike.
    Since there are a lot of idiots in the Warrior community -- No surprise that's my opinion coming from a Feral Druid.

I too have pulled aggro many times on Gruul. In fact I've done it twice in my life time & the second time I ended up just MTing the rest of the fight because all I did was keep auto attack on and maintained aggro for over 20 seconds just from a single Mangle crit + Maul. The Warrior just went ahead & tried to stay second on the aggro list. Everything went perfectly well like I assume it went for you even though you became the MT.

Either way, I know exactly what you are talking about. When I go to Gruuls now, I simply tell everyone to Misdirect Warrior/Paladin MTs, I still catch up to them in threat. Of course, I have 2pc T6 with 15% more threat onto my Mangle so I'm really rocking at around 800 - 900 TPS as an OT. That with intentionally standing in Cave Ins so I can get rage at the beginning of the fight -- Then as the fight progresses, he'll hit you harder and rage doesn't become any problem so I stay out of the Cave Ins. Quite tactful.

Quote Originally Posted by leberle
    As many mentioned already: You get A FUCKING lot more of AP in Wotlk, but already:
    You have 666 ap at level 70 as tank? Oo

I got more than double of that AP with my tank spec and my tank gear in tbc.... and i don't even have one T5 or higher drop...

You maybe should not tank naked?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Magtheridon&n=Kungen
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...d+Hand&n=Lunar

look at their attack power, tell me what you see.......
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

today i hit a shockwave for 4,2k and a concussion blow for 5,1k dmg, at level 72....

When i first read the change i got a bit bad filing about it, but now i am wondering what kind of dmg will do, will it have chance the spell to miss somehow. The big dmg is good, maybe beter.

PS: Is it possible for the nubs/ppl that dont know shit about the class they are writing topic about to ease a bit with the stupidness and think 2ce before writing.

Deleted

Lol leberle just got powned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eno
    let me guess, full buffed with any possible buff in game? same with debufss on target ....oh ya and those was crits right?

aka...screenshot or dint happened
    http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9...8161652ac5.jpg

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/9...8124733ad0.jpg

cooms

wow that's hot lol

Deleted

I see a warrior with no buff whatsoever, except motw. Add some BoK, BoM, battleshout, etc and you're well over 1k.

Quote Originally Posted by mena
    Grats on totally failing. I know others already said it, but tanks will be itemzed for strength in the expansion. Jeez.
    gratz on not being able to spell, now get over yourself
    I see a warrior with no buff whatsoever, except motw. Add some BoK, BoM, battleshout, etc and you're well over 1k.
    you fail to see the point. we prot warriors don't give a rats ass about attack power, just all those mindless dpsers and apparently brainless developers. I'd take crit over attack power any day if I wasn't a tank as well, but that's beside the topic.
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Dont say "we" prot warriors for your opinion. "We" prot warriors will need attack power in order to gen threat in the expansion. Period.

Wasn't aware tanks will actually have lots of AP in lk...cause atm I have almost no AP at all

Deleted

I've read a blue post about wanting to make protection a valid tree for arena. I think the essential idea was to give them some nice abilities to protect their allies, annoy the opponents and some decent damage to boot. They would still be pretty much impossible to kill, but hard to ignore.

With the Safeguard talent to protect the healer, shockwave as a 4-sec cone stun with good damage and hard hitting shield slams, a 15-second CD on charge which can now be used in combat, and in any stance, which also generates some lovely rage, a ranged silencer (heroic throw with gag order) it looks like their getting closer then any prot warrior would have dreamed off.

Your funny, really.

My mains a feral druid, and in T5 content (it may be different for T6 and SWP), i can out TPS anyone, including the MT. Many a time ive been the OT on gruul and accidentally had a few crits in a row and pulled aggro.
    HAHAHA... wow.... a feral druid thinks he's all bad now.... please. I can spam nothing but Shield Block and Devastate and come out with 1200 TPS on my warrior, are you kidding me? Sure, droods are OP at OT'ing, and at doing lower level instances, but when the rage flow is right, and you're able to spam 12231223, that TPS almost hitting 2k is untouchable.... so sit down and finish ur Gruul's run

Quote Originally Posted by Smèagol
    I've been following all the awesome things that are happening with prot warriors. But this is the first thing I'm pissed about...shockwave now does damage = to 75% of your AP(remember this is a prot talent) and it no longer creates how amounts of threat(and again...this is a prot talent). I know how blizz wanted to make it so prot warriors could PvP...but this is just stupid. Maybe they will be good in PvP but the majority of prot warriors will still be tanks. This new update is BS!!! >
    More damage = more threat. :

It was nothing but a buff.

The reason they changed it to more attack power is to make the threat scale better with gear. In BC a paladin's threat would scale way better with gear, so in SWP an equally geared/skilled pally should get more threat.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=15172.msg239063#msg239063

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=15061.0

I like the change... defensive stance gives passive additions to threat now, so like everyone says, it will get better as you get better gear.
    Not too sure what is with all the other side conversations....

Quote Originally Posted by Smèagol
    I've been following all the awesome things that are happening with prot warriors. But this is the first thing I'm pissed about...shockwave now does damage = to 75% of your AP(remember this is a prot talent) and it no longer creates how amounts of threat(and again...this is a prot talent). I know how blizz wanted to make it so prot warriors could PvP...but this is just stupid. Maybe they will be good in PvP but the majority of prot warriors will still be tanks. This new update is BS!!! >
    Freaking out is a bad idea when class talents are still being reworked.

Having said that, there are several things to consider:

"High/Medium/Low Threat" abilities = Static +Threat value. That means that it doesn't scale, which makes it something of a non-issue when considering Shockwave's changes.

The boost to damage more than makes up for it - and when soloing in Battle Stance? Uberliscious.

The main concern regarding SW is twofold:

1: Restriction to a cone effect. An all-aspect AoE is much more desirable.

2: Stun effect. Discounting Diminishing Returns, another complaint was that this made SW less useful when tanking, as it increases the time DPS can effectively engage.

I understand Blizz wants PVE/PVP dual-purpose use from a 51 pt talent, so I recommend a Daze/Snare Effect instead as a compromise.

Doing so would synergize nicely with Incite + Heroic Strike. Yum.

Another minor complaint was the graphic effect. People are hoping for a more flashy effect. I have seen demos on YouTube and on this I must agree.