Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Raid DPS Rankings?

This is not a who you think will be top, but more of a who you would be happy with:

1. Rogue 100%
    2. Mage 95%
    3. Warlock / Hunter 90%
    4. DPS DK/ DPS Shaman / DPS Warriors / Retri Pally / DPS Druid / Shadow Priest 70-80%
    5. Tanks any specs 60%

Im hoping they float around those sort of numbers myself, anyone else think different or similar?

Re: Raid DPS Rankings?

1. Warlocks
    2. Rogues/Mages
    3. Hunters/elemental shamans
    4. Deathknights/warriors/paladins/enhance shamans/boomkin
    5. shadow priests/feral druid
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Morden
    This is not a who you think will be top, but more of a who you would be happy with:

1. Rogue 100%
    2. Mage 95%
    3. Warlock / Hunter 90%
    4. DPS DK/ DPS Shaman / DPS Warriors / Retri Pally / DPS Druid / Shadow Priest 70-80%
    5. Tanks any specs 60%

Im hoping they float around those sort of numbers myself, anyone else think different or similar?
    Currently Rogue have the best and most stackable utility, they should with current utility be the worst DD.

Stop these posts by the way, once the utility is finalized, every class should do around the same DPS when specced for pure DPS.
    Hìdden on EU-Blackrock

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    1. Warlocks
    2. Random class
    3. Random class
    I wish it stays like it is in TBC but I see Rogues topping the meters and then every other class

warlocks get cool stuff...then it gets taken away

Currently Rogue have the best and most stackable utility, they should with current utility be the worst DD.
    Will never, ever happen.

Don't bother making such a list, as its been stated that all classes that spec for DPS can achieve comparable damage.
    The goal for the devs is that for example, Elemental Shammies, Fury wars etc. all do the same damage as rogues.

It's a good thing imo, all classes now bring utility so one class should not be better than another class in damage JUST BECAUSE he just happens to be a particular class (if that makes sense)

This was done specifically in a shadow priest topic, but it still stands. He only has doomkin, spriests, mages, and shammies modeled so far.

http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t26007-p...22/#post882887

the people at elitist jerks are so....amazing.

It should be ~10% between top dps and bottom dps (not including tanks) with the only differences coming from gear and set up, assuming characters are played to their maximum potential by a fully capable player.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Krypt
    the people at elitist jerks are so....amazing.

It should be ~10% between top dps and bottom dps (not including tanks) with the only differences coming from gear and set up, assuming characters are played to their maximum potential by a fully capable player.
    Agreed. If this isn't the case and if rogues are as far ahead as the op wants, rogues, and to a lesser extent mages, will be heavily stacked.

1) me - 110%
    2) any skilled player - 100%
    3) any crap player - 80%
    4) tanks - 60%
    5) you - 0% because jerks that believe a non-pure DPS class doing 70-80% of top DPS is ok don't get into raids anymore

Hello! Hunters? no?

#1 Rogues/Warlocks/Mages
    #2 Enhancement Shamans/Ele Shamans/Feral Druids/Fury&Arms warriors/DeathKnight
    #3 Retridins/SurvHunters/Shadowpriests/Boomkins
    #4 TANKS
    80 Druid, 84 Priest, 85 Death Knight, 85 Mage, 76 Shaman, 85 Warrior, 70 Warlock, 70 Paladin

personal opinion..
    caster such as elemental shaman, mage and warlock had SINERGY, but no stacking raid buff..
    let me explain it better..
    casters had..
    mana regen via imp spirit/king/ecc --> no direct buff to dmg (mana --> chug mana potion..)
    mana pool extension via kings/arcane int/motw/ecc --> no direct buff to dmg
    spelldmg bonus via shaman wrath of air --> big boost
    crit boost via boomkin aura --> good boost but seldomly present..

all in all they don't loose MUCH while loosing some synergies and some possible new synergy (with raid wide-effect) are negated..
    on the other hand, melee class with non-stacking buff loose a LOT..
    es: rampage//leader of the pack non stacking..
    es: battle shout//bom non stacking
    es: trueshot aura//unleashed rage

so all in all i think that it will be

mage
    rogue//warlock
    hunter
    and then the other classes in random order..

I still do not see why some classes are still seen to have no support, and are called "pure DD".

Mage: Most reliable and universal CC. I always just loved the int-buff. I am just so freaking happy about consumables that you don't have to care to bring and buy. Dampen/Amplify Magic: Underrated imho, and actually only suffers from not having a group buff and a longer duration. The effect is still pretty useful in a couple of fights, but I understand well why mages don't like to be asked for it. It still is there. Spellsteal, Counterspell. Elemental will give manareg, and most importantly a very nice dmg-related debuff in the expansion.

Locks: Although some curses suffer from the new stacking system, they have and will always be important tools in a raid. And the utility through curses suffers just as much as everybody elses raidwide supports. Great failsafe options in flavor of soulsave and health stones - saved my ass on countless occasions. As long as there is heal, they are the only unstoppable casters mana wise. Which raid did not once save valuable minutes by having someone port someone else? Add this time up, and evaluate how many tries on new bosses you could have had less in it. Pets deliver some utility, with imp not stacking anymore there is at least the magic dispell. Used it a lot on EoS when too few mages were around for example.

Hunters: I admit that stings were not widely used, and the only one with real utility would be the -hit. Icetrap is at least a CC, but it is situational and needs someone with skill to be reliable. But it is still there, and we used it a lot (had an amazing hunter, she did it with perfection). Resistance auras and a possible AP aura plus damage bonus on crit - based on spec. I was always reliefed when we had hunters, because a) a pull was almost impossible to fail, b) nuking from the first second on, and later aggro-boosts infight (notable dmg-buff if you do the math). Manareg to come.

All these three classes always had some nice support, and especially mages gain such a good one with direct damage effect, that they could indeed be called supporter. Same for BM/surv hunters, that always did a just as good dmg-support as a boomkin aura for example. Saying that most support will be non-stacking redundant if you bring more of a class is just as true for the classic "supporters". Just because some support does not almost literaly say "makes you do more damage" doesn't make it no support, nor unimportant.
    The changes in stacking make any classic "supporter" just as much support as anyone else, with every member more in the raid the chance that the next will bring something new decreases fast. If you have a well rounded heterogene TBC raiding group, I assume that about the last 9-7 toons you invite will bring nothing more worth looking for than fulfilling their role, in case of a DD just his DPS.

A range of 10% of maximum potential if played perfectly and fully supported must be the way in order to achieve fariness and raid composition based on players rather than classes. The only exception until now are rogues. Although they do provide some stuff, it is usually situational at best. They should be able to surpass all others by some percent. All this should be evaluated around having the best available gear, a perfect player and any buff active one could get - because this is the ultimate maximum you can achive, the raw potential.

Classes that can switch roles infight while on a boss do not exist. You gain simply NO utility from it in a high level raiding environment, just because any class that could fulfill different roles in theory will have to be that much specialized on their main role, that they lose to do anything significant in another role. Maybe, just maybe some dps warris will be able to take on some adds or trash, maybe this will be true for cats (we'll have to see how they design druid tanking until release i guess) as well, but none of them will ever be able to switch into full tanking mode on a boss. They will most likely be just a oneshot as a mage would be.

If Blizzard is really up and about to make class choice for raids as open as they told us, they cannot make the damage output differ that much more than 10%. And players should finally get rid of the idea of "pure" and "supporter". Rolechanging might be op while leveling or in low 5-mans, but seriously - raid is the name of the game, and raid will be what PvE players will be doing 97% of the lifetime of this expansion. Leveling and small scale PvE is nothing that should matter when it comes to these design questions.

Edit: Holy... shisha... wall-of-text, sorry ^^

When you really think about it, all classes should end up being around the same range/capability at this point.
    Every class has it's own set of utilities that make it invaluable.
    Be it mage tables, hunter's mark, mana battery, they all bring useful, amazing tools with them.

So yeah. They should all be equal now. It's not about which buff is best etc etc, it's plain and simple the fact that every class has one that needs to be taken advantage of.

So yeah. Hypothetically they'll be equal now.

1. Awesome players
    2. Great players
    3. Good players

1. low utility specs
    2. medium utility specs
    3. high utility specs

Quote Originally Posted by Maenetus
    1. low utility specs
    2. medium utility specs
    3. high utility specs
    That doesnt fly anymore.
    All classes now have similar utility, as stated before.
    So yeah in theory all classes (at least most) will have similar DPS.

the range will be smaller, but there will still be high medium low.

Give examples then.

Besides, with buffs no longer stacking all the time you can go from high to none just by getting someone else in your raid group (or the other way around). Therefor, there is no ranking of utility. It might be there, but it's no longer linked to a certain class/spec.