Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shaman polish pass?

Hi all,
    Do you think after all we will get a polish pass of our talent?
    As stated by Ghostcrawler Blizz has already started the big number adjusting wich was supposed to happen AFTER all the polish passes.
    I'm fearing we will once again be left behind and that Enha shammy will be the lolret of Wotlk.
    So, anyone on beta can call Koraa out on beta forums (wish we had ghostcrawler ^^ and ask this?
    I'd just like to hear "yes you are done" or "no we are still working on it".
    sorry for bad english.

Re: Shaman polish pass?

Class polish? Shamans? That exists? O_o

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

They havn't fully gone through Shamans yet, stay tuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adocul
    They havn't fully gone through Shamans yet, stay tuned.
    thats true since tBC beta imo

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    Class polish? Shamans? That exists? O_o
    I've heard tales about it around the fire camp in a small village to the north, but nobody have ever seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100
    I've heard tales about it around the fire camp in a small village to the north, but nobody have ever seen it.
    only Mr. Nerfbat and Mrs. Idontcare

Deleted

qq @ thunderstorm nerf

Yea bring on the polish please, dont wanna be swept under the carpet!

Let's face it.....Blizzard is more concerned with other classes (i.e. what Kalgan plays) than our class.....and that's what sucks. We got lots of attention in the beginning, it gave us hope. Then, like always, they gave all the other classes attention and they blew the doors off our abilities (yet again).

I said it months ago, folks didn't want to believe it, but I said:

"Blizzard will 'Fix' Shamans and make us equals to the other respective classes. Then they'll start working on everyone else and they'll pass us right up and when it's all said and done, we'll have a new expansion and NOTHING will have changed, other than where we play, our gear & levels."

Folks thought I was crazy.

Then they see how virtually all other classes are now passing us up.

Warlocks & Mages. They still easilly WTFPwn us in damage.

Hunters & Rogues. They still easilly WTFPwn us in damage.

Warriors are now set to WTFPwn us in damage.

Our heals were our saving grace & our one area in which we excelled in. Now it appears that the other healing classes are at the very least going to be our equals (if not blow past us in certain areas).

Heroism/Bloodlust was awesome. Till they nerfed it to no longer be able to chain cast. (Same with Leatherworkers & Drums). Sure, things are being buffed up due to Totems & Lust/Hero going raidwide, but still, when the nerf > benefits (at least as of right now), it says something.

With the recent patch/update, our one cool PVP tool for Elementals is now nerfed to 5 yards (Thunderstorm). Melee now STAYS in MELEE RANGE (or almost completely in it unless you're a Tauren & they stay in it as their 'Hitbox' is larger than other races). So our nice "GET AWAY FROM ME" ability now is reduced to a "Get away from me......pretty please?" Sure, you can point to Fire Nova totem stunning, but with DR in place & the ease of totem killing, it's negated.

You can say TL;DR or this is nothing but a QQ post, but in the end, the Shaman class is almost a "lolRet" of the WoW classes.

Though i agree about the apparent lack of shaman attention, people still seem to be confused about Thunderstorm. The 5 yard knockback is a bug. It'll be fixed to still knock back 20 yards, just less "knock up".

But yeah, i think pretty much every other class has gotten much more attention than us, and i'd really like a ghostcralwer in our forums telling us about upcoming changes, or even just popping in to let us know they haven't forgotten that shaman is a class.

be patient

Quote Originally Posted by greenstripes
    Though i agree about the apparent lack of shaman attention, people still seem to be confused about Thunderstorm. The 5 yard knockback is a bug. It'll be fixed to still knock back 20 yards, just less "knock up".

But yeah, i think pretty much every other class has gotten much more attention than us, and i'd really like a ghostcralwer in our forums telling us about upcoming changes, or even just popping in to let us know they haven't forgotten that shaman is a class.
    No...they intentionally (from appearances) changed it to just 5 yards knockback. If not, link me to where a blue says otherwise.

Even if this is a bug, there's still countless other areas in which Blizzard swore up and down were going to be addressed with WotLK (and were), but were subsequently returned to being the SAME PROBLEMS when they started working on the other classes.

For whatever reason I was under the impression that Blizzard had stated that:

Melee classes will be on roughly equal dps standards (each will have differences to make them unique), just no more 100% 1-2 classes pwning all other melee classes.

Tank classes would have their roles, but be roughly on the same footing (each would have their gimmicky situation, but again, nothing that makes you want 1 classes exclusively over another).

Caster classes were the same as the supposed melee class changes in that each had their uniqueness to them, but their damage output was roughly the same.

Healing classes, same conditions as the previous changes among the classes & roles.

What do we have though?

Melee Classes = Warrior & Rogues (with a side of Retadins & DK's)
    Caster/Ranged Classes = Warlock, Mages & Hunters
    Healer Classes = Druids, Priests & Shamans (for now, but that'll probably change as well)

Heck, look at PVP. Look at all the 3v3 top seated teams:

Warrior, Warlock, Druid

If not a Warrior, put a rogue in there. Sometimes the Druid had a Priest instead. But in 75% of all cases:

Warrior, Warlock, Druid

What's it going to be in WotLK?

Warrior, Warlock, Druid <---- Possible switchouts being a DK to counter Druids. But again, other than minor changes? Same old, Same old. Shamans = Screwed in PVP.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...27932&sid=2000

thunder storm not nerfed...just had to put the link in for the guy who asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Topgunn
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...27932&sid=2000

thunder storm not nerfed...just had to put the link in for the guy who asked for it
    other issues still unaddressed tho.......

Just be patient. You'll soon get it. I mean if you look at us Warlocks, we still have talents that are NYI and all are trees still are unaddressed. They said they'd be doing considerable work for us soon, so pretty much shamans will also get their turn. If you notice, they seem to be doing rogues and warriors this time, so our time will come soon. Just wait. ;D

But that's part of the problem, sugarfree. Current 80th lvl Shamans are doing damage roughly equal to what 70th lvl Warlocks are doing. And that's the problem. Recent nerfs to Lavaburst have completely removed it from our spell rotation (as Lightning Bolt is (again) far more the better spell to be using).

Funny thing is, im gonna stop playing my shaman so i can play a hunter. ^ ^;;

I give up already.
    Do not underestimate us.

a polish of ToW is welcome, right now a 41 talent which is almost equal to a common spell is absurd imo.

Be patient ya gits.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Be patient ya gits.
    weve been patient since good old 1.11

Sure is an exciting time to play Shaman and Priest, where you basically have no input over your class, and you're backseated to allow time to chain buff and redesign entire trees of the classes that were already at the top of the food chain in BC.