Suggestion | ARM tree abilities

How it seem to me now
    It seems that arm is just a filler tree now that DW also uses 2h weapons. And that the Dev are not to sure of what direction to take to give them a unique twist. The only team now that i see is the bleed effect so lets focus more on it them, were Fury does massive slow Damage with DW 2h, why not extrapolate on a warrior ability to seriously wound an opponent with precise blow.

How I see arm
    I've always consider "ARM" spec the master of all weapons and tactic. I imagine those character on the battle field to KNOW how to fight, expect their enemy, know techniques others don't. They are the master of weapons!!!

And on the same token, Fury could focus on shouts and improved buffs as it is now.

I like to suggest some arm abilities as a brain storm type idea.

Improved Stance (Tier 1 & 2)

I'd see the Arm with first 2 Tier focusing on Stance improvement abilities. There is still room for other abilities like rend, deflect and TC and so on but honestly i'm not trying to fit all the abilities

Tier 1
    Improved Battle stance (New)
    • Maybe add a haste bonus, you're supposed to be agile with all weapons!
    Improved Berserker stance (Yes move it out of Fury)
    • Your the big, bad, strong slow double 2hander hitter! Should adjust to only give Crit. bonus no penalties. Or go the other way, slow the attack speed but up the damage range type thing. Making it more a "joust" bonus and more inline with instant WW/SLAM abilities of this tree.
    Improved Defensive stance (Yes move it out of Prot)
    • Ensure those are only applied while in def stance.

Why so? Well, this would some some issue also with OT not doing enough DPS and so on. As you move from position in raiding within you're guild (From OT to MT type thing) you can spec out of Berserker stance and take more tanking option and so on. While allowing for some up in DPS if they change to the specific stance. Just a though.
    Improved Shield Slam (req. Improved Defensive stance)
    • What's wrong with 1h + Shield DPSing? What if someone enjoy doing this better then using a big 2hander? or 2 x 1hand weapon. I think this is were this comes in. And it should give bonus to shield slam based on the stance. And increasing it in Battle/Fury could allow it to become a viable "other" type of Dps option/method.

• Why not add a "Buckler" type shield with lower AC and defensive stat on them but better Block Value and DPS stat, to boost 1h + Shield DPS? It would allow warrior to just swap a buckler around and let them do more DPS? While maintaining their spec and could tweak down this DPS we are currently doing in Defensive stance on beta to be more inline with what you desire?

All these are the weapons instant attacks that are the bread and butter of their stance trainable abilities. OP is to arm as WW is to Fury and Shield Slam Prot. These are all Damaging ability because that's what arm is about! Leave mitigation for Prot (move Deflection there)

Tactics (Tier 3 & 4)

These talent would directly affect melee mechanic in relation of their stance.

Tier 3

Tactical Mastery (Move out of Prot)
    • Why not move this out of Protect and extrapolate on it. It could be also a Tier 2 depending on what other abilities are added. Add a few tier 3/4 ability that require it. Also add maybe a threat component for heroic strikes while in defensive stance?

Tactic: Formation fighting (req. Tactical Mastery)
    • Control the target into focusing its attention to a specific player. Similar to a Vigilance Type ability where you put a buff on the tank and part of the "melee" threat is routed to this target. It would need some tweaking for sure but how many times have we said / desired more range in fights then melees?

Tactic: Opportunist fighting (req. Tactical Mastery)
    • Any melee players assisting your target that strike a critical gain a +hit, +expertise, +crit or +DMG bonus? But i think this should be a +hit since you are creating the opportunity for others to hit this mob better

Tactic: Weapon Mastery (req. Tactical Mastery)
    • You and any melee players fighting alongside you that use the same weapon type as you allows you to gain a "combo stack" that can be use on any instant attack for improving its damage.

Tactic: Phalanx stand (req. Tactic: Formation fighting)
    • While in formation fighting, you select a target that you fight side by side and taking % of his damage. Must be facing same side for this to apply. IE in front of boss with MT. Talk about what type of fights were implemented in ZA (Bear boss) and those type of attacks. Would allow the OT to well, do what OT do, take damage?

Tactic: Wounding Attacks (req. Tactic: Opportunist fighting)
    • Pasive: Each melee attack made to your target add a count on "wounding attacks" buff increasing the potency of your Rend and Impale for X sec. Can also be triggered to blow the debuff stack from the target to add DMG to a single stance ability. As mention earlier, Battle stance: Overpower, Berserker stance: Whirlwind, Defensive stance: Shield Slam

Tactic: Pricise Hit (req. Tactic: Weapon Mastery)
    • Each critical strike have a X chance to refresh Mortal strike cooldown and make it rage free for 5sec

From here you see we could add definitively more specific ability already in the tree but i think adding something like "Tactic" would put arm in a better shape then just a competition for DPS with fury. Leave fury as our DPS tree, Prot as our tanking one but make Arm an Utility one where you speciallized in the other tree as per where you stand in raiding position for you're guild.

Weapon mastery and Wounding attacks are ideas to try and bring "burst DPS" of arm back into play.

Vitank, Cenarius

Re: Suggestion | ARM tree abilities

I think you put a lot of time into thinking these through, and a few good ideas (Precise Hit looks kind of nice, pretty sure that would be OP tho.)

I'm posting this to be somewhat constructive, however, some of the points seem more of a "nice idea" than a talent tree vitalization, and it seems a lot of gimicky type talents are added.

Also, some of the talents you make to fix something seem somewhat "misplaced", such as:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitank
    What's wrong with 1h + Shield DPSing? What if someone enjoy doing this better then using a big 2hander? or 2 x 1hand weapon. I think this is were this comes in. And it should give bonus to shield slam based on the stance. And increasing it in Battle/Fury could allow it to become a viable "other" type of Dps option/method.
    Pretty sure the prot changes answered the prayers of all those who like this sort of playstyle.

I do agree with you that the arms tree needs to be looked over though!