Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Naxx pugged, KT down, NEW LOOT screenshots!

Today my pug group of people who didnt know each other before beta, geared with beta gear, finished clearing Naxxramas 10 man.

Here are the screenshots of the loot from the second half of our instance clear including 2 never before seen items from Kel'Thuzad.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...tic/KTdown.jpg
    http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n.../Naxxloot2.jpg

Gratz to all that came and participated, this proves beyond doubt you dont have to be a sunwell farming guild of hardcore raiders from live to do the new Naxx.
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

Re: Naxx pugged, KT down, NEW LOOT screenshots!

Bosses will be a lot harder live. No doubt about it.

He's probably right, you know. Tons of people are clearing Naxx with nothing but quest gear and a ragtag team without organization. Blizzard wants to appeal to casuals more, but this is a bit excessive, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    He's probably right, you know. Tons of people are clearing Naxx with nothing but quest gear and a ragtag team without organization. Blizzard wants to appeal to casuals more, but this is a bit excessive, no?
    naxx will be easy becuase they want new players to experience old content and players who didnt get to see naxx also get to experience it as well. if you already know the fights, which im sure most of the people on beta do, you will fly through it. there will be a learning curve for less experienced players and progression will be slower.

raids after naxx will obviously be harder.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

God forbid they give us another UBRS type dungeon that lets you pug a 10 man instance in blues. I actually like the idea that there might be a better intro raid dungeon. I didn't really see the fun in Kara for guilds that got stuck at bosses for a long time, or the guilds that had to farm it constantly swapping out one of two players to get everyone keyed for the next dungeon. BC took the fun out of pugging dungeons, and hopefully an easier 10 man will allow more of the fun I recall from pre TBC. I'm sure some people will cringe about pugging dungeons, but I found it was a great way to meet people on the server and make friends outside of my own guild. I miss the days of scrapping together pug groups that would clear ZG, UBRS, and AQ20. Those were fun times and I'm hoping this new dungeon structure brings back some of the fun.

Im sure some of the encounters will get harder, but my bet is the overall difficulty of the instance will stay about the same. Some of the fights do require a great deal of co-ordination, primarily 4 horsemen. Patchwerk and Sapphiron can actually be next to impossible if you dont have the right group comp and some good players with decent gear.

Also, as far as I know we are the only pug group thus far to clear naxx, every other group thats done it has been a top tier raiding guild that came over from live, with sunwell gear and tons of experience raiding together. I know a few of those sunwell guilds are actually stuck on patchwerk right now because their raids dont have the right comp to kill him. Also everyone in the raid had lvl 80 gear from pvp, crafting, and what we got in naxx itself(which was a lot of gear), no one was running around in greens and blues from questing or we never would have made it anywhere close to finishing.

This is supposed to be an entry level instance, it should be possible for my group to have cleared it like we did, with the amount of effort we put into it. They dont want guilds getting stuck on these encounters for weeks or months, they want people gearing up and practicing here(and having fun).

Anyways I wouldent be too worried about it, this is the easiest raid instance in the lvl 80 game, you will likely have 25 man naxx, as well as the 10 and 25 mans of the next tier instance available on release.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    It's not quite that, whilst still being on the same track. A problem many people faced at the launch of TBC was the jump from Quest/Dungeon Blues to Kara Epics and how hard it was to really get going. Whilst we're not having the same problems now because of nerfs, etc its a little easier.

But Blizzard have openly admitted that the jump was too substantial for many players and it discouraged them from the game, so to remedy this they want people to be able to walk into Naxx with greens on and still be able to be useful. Whilst this may not fly for the majority of players because of their pre-conceptions of people in greens, the building blocks with the paradigm shift are already in place.

Naxx 10man is the first raid instance. It is intended to be easy. Just like when people started Kara, most of them were not geared much.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

post what the fist weapon looks like pl0x ;D

Of course 10 man Naxx wont be hard, a hard 10man doesnt exist.
    The only way you can make a 10man hard is by entering totally undergeared.

Grats on being the firsts to pug Naxx, enjoy the upgrades ... and did you get a raid ID for it in beta ? if so, how long is the dungeon reset in beta ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias
    a hard 10man doesnt exist.
    ZA is fairly difficult for pugs, especially compared to kz.
    This user has been banned.

post what the fist weapon looks like pl0x Grin
    Its graphic was actually kinda bugged, didnt display right but from what i could see it looked identical to:

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...0_loot_055.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar
    Its graphic was actually kinda bugged, didnt display right but from what i could see it looked identical to:

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...0_loot_055.jpg
    captain hook YAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHH
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    ZA is fairly difficult for pugs, especially compared to kz.
    indeed, and I expect the 10 man versions of following raids to be much harder as well.
    when I tanked kz for the first time, we didn't have a wipe till shade, when we did za for the first time, we wiped countless times even just on the trash!

an entry raid is what it is, just an introduction to and simple upgrades for. Naxx will undoubtably be no different.
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

grats and thanks ... this is awesome ... i so wanna go - NOW
    www.darryn.de - Stuff aus dem Internet

It's going to be so weird to do those fights with 10 people after having done them with 40...

Naxx'ramas is the easiest raid in all of Wrath of the Lich King. Think Karazhan level. Very easy.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Blizzard has said they are bringing Naxx back so the people that didn't get the chance to see it at level 60 will get that chance. This is due to the fact that pretty much everyone that did the place at 60 said it was one of, if not the best, instance Blizzard created, so they wanted the more casual or whatever players to be able to experience that too.

The problem is, a lot of the epic feel and fun in Naxx came from actually defeating something hard, with 40 people. The new naxx is neither one nor the other :s.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa
    Bosses will be a lot harder live. No doubt about it.
    are you retarded ? What's the point of testing a boss if you're going to modify it anyways ?!

15+ Year Old Account

Helm of the vast legions have some sick stats. How does it look?
    Class: Priest > Rogue > Warrior > Mage
    Server: Ravencrest > Tarren Mill > Outland
    Guilds: Borked > Fate has Fans > Loot FTW > GAMESENSE
    Gladiator S1, S2, S3, Brutal Gladiator(S4) S5.
    Currently making a come back @ Outland
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Drush/simple