Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Prayer of Mending stacking

I've been wondering for awhile now, all hots currently stack, and most buffs stack decently, can anyone think of a reason why PoMs don't stack? I've been raiding for quite some time, and I can see the "slight" issue with multiple stacks on a SINGLE player in like a BG or something, but if you think about it, my priest with 2200 healing only PoMs for 2kish, with 4 priests I understand that would be an 8k "absorb" after a single attack from the boss, but most priests in high end guilds rotate their PoMs anyways to get around the cooldown and such, but the only thing I see odd is like my PoM overriding other lower +heal priests when it bounces to another target T_T. Anyone think it'd truly be OP if they let them stack like renews and other hots? And if so, how?

Discuss

Re: Prayer of Mending stacking

imagine a group of 10 people, PoM every 10 seconds, jumping 5 times, without overriding, there would be no need for any other heals, people could just keep fireing it at the tank, he would never loose any health, and slowly through out the fight it would build up on everyone else.

In BG's with 2 priests, poming 5 people already nobody looses heath, thanks to dots and such, I have seen this happen many times. after about 30 seconds I dont really need to keep putting it up really.

didnt they say something about smart PoM though. so it will jump to the person with the lowest heath.

It's already smart about that, but here's a problem with your "imagine"

10 people put PoM up, Tank takes 3k hit from boss, heals 20k (17k overheal) and now for 10 seconds, that tank no longer HAS PoM, so if you think we don't need another heal, then please elaborate when the boss has a 10 sec swing timer?

ProM stacking doesn't quite sound right. But what I want is if a second priest throws a ProM on a target that I put one on, the one with lowest +heal automatically jumps to the next target. Whether it uses a charge or not doesn't bother me, I just hate it when me and another priest ProM the same player within a second of each other, and one ProM just disappears. Sure, we co-ordinate ProM on tanks, but on random players who pull aggro it can be hard to co-ordinate.

uhh the exact same thing can be said for lifebloom, if you had 10 druid and each of them drop 3 lifeblooms and just refresh it once every 5 seconds..

would be 10k health per second for MT. When on earth are you going to have 10 priests in a raid and none of them be shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by anenigma
    ProM stacking doesn't quite sound right. But what I want is if a second priest throws a ProM on a target that I put one on, the one with lowest +heal automatically jumps to the next target. Whether it uses a charge or not doesn't bother me, I just hate it when me and another priest ProM the same player within a second of each other, and one ProM just disappears. Sure, we co-ordinate ProM on tanks, but on random players who pull aggro it can be hard to co-ordinate.
    That's MAINLY what I'm getting at honestly. If it doesn't stack completely on the target, fine. But at least don't waste people's 10 second cooldowns by at the very least doing what (s?)he said and force it to bounce elsewhere ^_^.

I think allowing higher powered mendings to bump lower ones would be a fair compromise, the lower powered one wouldn't actually proc and heal, but would act like it proced and just find the next compatible target. Its very dumb that the ONE unique heal of priests scales negatively with multiple priests in the raid.

No offense but l2play if you have 2 priests on 1 MT. Why would you even have 2 priests on a MT? get 1 priest and another class of healer i.e. paladin / shammy chain heal spamming of the tank, druid hots. having 2 priests on 1 MT is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    No offense but l2play if you have 2 priests on 1 MT. Why would you even have 2 priests on a MT? get 1 priest and another class of healer i.e. paladin / shammy chain heal spamming of the tank, druid hots. having 2 priests on 1 MT is just stupid.
    If you read what he said...
    (When a random raid member takes damage, sometimes within a second of each other we both ProM the same person)

Personally, I don't think ProM should "STACK", but I think you should not just override a ProM. Something needs to happen to the ProM (bounce to the next person), etc.

Thanks, I was half way thru replying to explain, but then I gave up when I realized, "They didn't bother reading the first post, why would they read this one?"

^Troll IMO

If he'd actually read it, he'd have known that no where in my post did I say MT >.> Anyways, not feeding it, so just going back to the issue at hand.

Anyone think that it could actually be codeable? And another "issue" I'm kinda forseeing with the pushed ProM being that since ProM is a smart heal, wouldn't it get pushed to an OT or another person who's already taken damage, and if the higher ProM's target gets hit, it'd just go to the one the lower one is on, and push it off again, lol. (Talking about things like Hex's Spirit Bolts or other effects where the multiple raid members takes damage at once.)

Is it really that hard just to read the fucking thread? Jesus Christ some people are so stupid it should classify as a disease.

stacking should be ok, as long as when you get hit, only one charge get used, the other stack is still on you till you get hit again. this should solve the problem of mending overriding.

not so OP if you think about it. you wont have 10 priest in a raid. the effectiveness of PoM only depends on the type of fight also for raid healing. for MT healing, like mention before its on a 10 second cooldown.

Still why would it even be changed? the spell is perfect as it is. and for an instant healplacing which bounces of to additional targets at a cheap cost. And you still want to change it? it would be better if blizzard finally removed completely fucked up sheit talents and spells we dont use.

according to latest patch notes, PoM can now CRIT.

Spell is perfect, leave it alone.

I don't think PoM should stack, I don't think allowing the spell to stack is the solution to mulitple PoM's in the raid. All i'd like to see is in the smart targeting (ie. the PoM targets the player with the lowest heath) that it ignore people who already have a PoM buff. This means that the PoM's in the raid always target unique players and thus don't fizzle when they target the same player.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I don't think PoM should stack, I don't think allowing the spell to stack is the solution to mulitple PoM's in the raid. All i'd like to see is in the smart targeting (ie. the PoM targets the player with the lowest heath) that it ignore people who already have a PoM buff. This means that the PoM's in the raid always target unique players and thus don't fizzle when they target the same player.
    The more I read your posts, the more I think you are just a newbie. ProM is already smart. We are talking about forcing the ProM that is already on someone to bounce if someone else puts a new ProM on that same person. ... God

As it stands 2 PoMs can target the same person meaning 1 fizzles ie. disappears... when it smart targets it should ignore people currently with a PoM Buff so it doesn't fizzle... again you need to get some perscription glasses or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I need glasses?

- We were talking about when TWO priests do ProM at the exact same time. We have already discussed everything you have listed. Do you read every post in a discussion before posting? Secondly, it is already smart targeting when it BOUNCES. It does not currently OVERRIDE on a BOUNCE. This is NOT what WE were talking about. ProM does NOT fizzle unless you OVERWRITE a ProM by pressing the button that says ProM and target a player with it ALREADY on them.

- Please learn more game MECHANICS before speaking about anything.

--- To tell you what we want AGAIN
    WHEN TWO PLAYERS DO PRAYER OF MENDING AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME PLAYER, WE WANT THE FIRST PRAYER OF MENDING TO BOUNCE TO THE NEXT TARGET.

IS THAT EASIER FOR YOU?
    God.

Any situation with two tanks and little to no AoE damage it would be incredibly overpowered. Imagine six PoMs bouncing between tanks every 2 seconds.