Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Prayer of Mending stacking

Styg, that already happens right now. One priest puts it on Tank A, other puts it on tank B, when AoE hits both tanks, the PoMs just switch to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    I need glasses?

- We were talking about when TWO priests do ProM at the exact same time. We have already discussed everything you have listed. Do you read every post in a discussion before posting? Secondly, it is already smart targeting when it BOUNCES. It does not currently OVERRIDE on a BOUNCE. This is NOT what WE were talking about. ProM does NOT fizzle unless you OVERWRITE a ProM by pressing the button that says ProM and target a player with it ALREADY on them.

- Please learn more game MECHANICS before speaking about anything.

--- To tell you what we want AGAIN
    WHEN TWO PLAYERS DO PRAYER OF MENDING AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME PLAYER, WE WANT THE FIRST PRAYER OF MENDING TO BOUNCE TO THE NEXT TARGET.

IS THAT EASIER FOR YOU?
    God.
    Yes you need glasses, let me quote myself... again

"I don't think PoM should stack." - Does this not give you a clear enough idea of my opinion on your idea? After I said that, am I not allowed to suggest a slightly different change in mechanic for the same spell? I thought having a comprehensive discussion was a good thing, perhaps in your case I was wrong.

Perhaps I just explained my different idea poorly, let me try again. Instead of allowing PoM to stack you could include in the smart targeting system for PoM to disregard targets that have a current PoM buff. I believe as the spell stands that seperate PoM's that proc from different existing targets can result in more than one PoM targeting a single player.

For example, tank1 & tank2 both take damage while affected by PoM, both spells proc and heal their respective targets and then begin to target a new raid/group memeber. The only person in the raid/group that is not on full health is melee dps 1 and thus becomes the target of both PoM's. As the spell cannot stack the new target recieves only 1 of the PoM's with the weaker PoM fizzling or disappearing.

What I will say is that I'm not 100% sure this occurs (and it does occur) due to lag or because the change I proposed doesn't exist. I haven't been able to find any solid information to clear the issue on wether PoM will ignore raid/group members with a current PoM buff when retargeting. Instead of getting all emo and trying to be superior, perhaps you can link some information to expand my knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Yes you need glasses, let me quote myself... again

"I don't think PoM should stack." - Does this not give you a clear enough idea of my opinion on your idea? After I said that, am I not allowed to suggest a slightly different change in mechanic for the same spell? I thought having a comprehensive discussion was a good thing, perhaps in your case I was wrong.

Perhaps I just explained my different idea poorly, let me try again. Instead of allowing PoM to stack you could include in the smart targeting system for PoM to disregard targets that have a current PoM buff. I believe as the spell stands that seperate PoM's that proc from different existing targets can result in more than one PoM targeting a single player.

For example, tank1 & tank2 both take damage while affected by PoM, both spells proc and heal their respective targets and then begin to target a new raid/group memeber. The only person in the raid/group that is not on full health is melee dps 1 and thus becomes the target of both PoM's. As the spell cannot stack the new target recieves only 1 of the PoM's with the weaker PoM fizzling or disappearing.

What I will say is that I'm not 100% sure this occurs (and it does occur) due to lag or because the change I proposed doesn't exist. I haven't been able to find any solid information to clear the issue on wether PoM will ignore raid/group members with a current PoM buff when retargeting. Instead of getting all emo and trying to be superior, perhaps you can link some information to expand my knowledge?
    I don't even read your posts anymore. Please go die in a puddle.

First. Prayer of Mending is one of the most powerful tools in a priest's spellbook. Because of the random AoE that goes on in almost every encounter now a days, its not a bad idea to cast it on any tank, any time its off cooldown (if only procs the one time its almost as mana efficient as flash heal).

BUT. The problem is it becomes less powerful the more priests you bring to a raid. Because of inevitable overwrites. Our other unique ability Power Word: Shield, also suffers that the more priests you bring the weaker it becomes, not that it should be being spammed anyways, but the point remains.

I think the most logical way for this to happen is what has been mentioned, whenever a higher healing PoM lands it pushes a lower one to the next Viable target. Even if this drained a charge it would be favorable over the current mechanic, or deleting the previous PoM.

PoM is really good in a lot of ways.

1. It can crit actually (in Beta)
    2. Additional Aggro for the tank (the healaggro is calculate upon the tank if I´m right, not 100% sure about this)
    3. Instant Heal (can be casted while in movement)
    4. low costs
    5. can pass upon other members

So it´s a great spell, which can crit now, and also trigger Inspiration. It shouln´t stack at all, because it would just cause overheal. The mechanics are ok like they are. It isn´t overritable until it procced, so if you have 2 healpriest in a raid, they can set it up in a really good rotation f.a. (one after the other)

Actually, on the Beta the aggro is actually going to the priest now (See blue tracker if you don't believe me). So ProM just lost one of it's most powerful assets: Aggro misdirection.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushuna
    Actually, on the Beta the aggro is actually going to the priest now (See blue tracker if you don't believe me). So ProM just lost one of it's most powerful assets: Aggro misdirection.
    Isn't this believe to be a bug or has it been confirmed that the threat mechanic is changing?

I think we should be able to link targets with PoM

basically, giving the choice to make it jump between 2-5 targets of your choosing

i dunno how they'd do that, but there must be some way to allow such a thing to be done with macro's(i'm aware it's currently impossible)

like, say you have 2 tanks, and the PoM would only jump between the 2 tanks
    sometimes, i get the buff, as a warlock.. and it fades, with 3-4 charges left, i usually think(oh crap, what a waste)

say the macro would be something like

/cast [jump: tank1, tank2] Prayer of Mending(rank X)

and without the "jump" command, it'd act how it always did.. i think such a thing would be a cool feature
    ofcourse, such a macro command could work for other abilities, such as chain heal as well

The only thing I could see working would be when the second PoM effect was applied, it would have to wait until the first PoM bounced off and then itself would be applied the next time damage was dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    I think we should be able to link targets with PoM

basically, giving the choice to make it jump between 2-5 targets of your choosing

i dunno how they'd do that, but there must be some way to allow such a thing to be done with macro's(i'm aware it's currently impossible)

like, say you have 2 tanks, and the PoM would only jump between the 2 tanks
    sometimes, i get the buff, as a warlock.. and it fades, with 3-4 charges left, i usually think(oh crap, what a waste)

say the macro would be something like

/cast [jump: tank1, tank2] Prayer of Mending(rank X)

and without the "jump" command, it'd act how it always did.. i think such a thing would be a cool feature
    ofcourse, such a macro command could work for other abilities, such as chain heal as well
    Not a bad idea but I think it makes what is a reasonably simple spell a bit over complicated. I'd just like to ensure that PoM won't fizzle early when it comes into contact with a 2nd or 3rd PoM in the raid. Priests have such an extensive range of healing spells that the player should choose when to use PoM and when not to because it's effectiveness is limited for that circumstances they've been presented with. I don't think the idea is to make very spell in our arsenel effective in every circumstance you can encounter... I think some of the spell choices need to be made by the player.